Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 10:02 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,398,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And yet again, you feel the need to insult me personally instead of addressing my question.
And yet again, you address only the posts you find insulting and simply skip over and dodge the ones that contain valid points.

Quote:
1. You haven't proven to me that people are 100% born gay
And yet plenty of evidence that it is so exists. And you have simply ignored the question in my last post about whether you acknowledge ANY genetic element to sexuality at all. Because without establishing that, the nature of how we should start educating you in this matter remains unclear.

Quote:
plus there are cases of people who were once gay and now happily heterosexual and serving God.
How do you know they are happy? How do you know they are heterosexual? You are assuming both.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:25 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,961,912 times
Quote:
1. You haven't proven to me that people are 100% born gay, plus there are cases of people who were once gay and now happily heterosexual and serving God.

2. The only thing I am comparing is one situation to another where the government FORCES you to do something that goes against your morals and convictions. That's wrong, but instead of admitting that, you focus on the irrelevant specific details of a direct to direct comparison that was never intended. Typical smoke and mirrors.

3. I certainly don't expect compliments from atheists. Your responses only prove Matthew 10:22 to me.
Reminder No. 2

You ignored my question if you could point us to some peer reviewed and published in recognized journals studies that show homosexuality is a choice.

Here is your second reminder that you still have not done that.

Are you ignoring this question, or can't find an answer to it?

Old 12-02-2014, 02:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:
1. You haven't proven to me that people are 100% born gay, plus there are cases of people who were once gay and now happily heterosexual and serving God.

2. The only thing I am comparing is one situation to another where the government FORCES you to do something that goes against your morals and convictions. That's wrong, but instead of admitting that, you focus on the irrelevant specific details of a direct to direct comparison that was never intended. Typical smoke and mirrors.

3. I certainly don't expect compliments from atheists. Your responses only prove Matthew 10:22 to me.
That is one sad religion, if being asked to treat law abiding people equally goes against your morals and convictions.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
That is one sad religion, if being asked to treat law abiding people equally goes against your morals and convictions.
Fundamentalism is not a religion, it's a cult - a relatively recent one.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:47 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong again!

Christ is not throwing out everything He taught and He and God stands for and giving you license to go and do just as you please just as long as you do some good deeds along the way as you have been suggesting.

Let's get back to the basics if you will.

God is love.

And these two basic commandments are magnified by the 10 Commandments:

These Ten Commandments magnify the two Great Commandments Christ referred to in Matthew 22:

[First Great Commandment]
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."
The first 4 of the Ten Commandments express love to God and are a magnification of the this first and great commandment:

[Second Great Commandment]

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

The last 6 of the Ten Commandments express love to neighbor and are a magnification of the second great commandment.

Summary:
1st Great Commandment is magnified by Ten Commandments 1 - 4.
2nd Great Commandment is magnified by Ten Commandments 5-10.

Now the Ten Commandments are magnified even further by all the commandments, statutes, judgments found in the Old Testament.

Sir, I hope you can wake up and see that you are blind to God's true way of life and you are leading others into more and more sin by casting off all restraint and going deeper and deeper into sin by condoning this abomination.

Had to chop a lot of the misapplied scripture you utilized to point out to everyone that Jesus, by your understanding, must be completely stupid!!! He never said anything about Commandments 1-4 magnifying the First Great Commandment.

And He never said anything about Commandments 5-10 magnifying the Second Great Commandment.

In both cases that was done by tthttf!!! I think if Jesus had wanted us to think as tthttf--then He would have stated it in a similar fashion. He didn't.

tthttf has created his own scripture to protect his prejudice.

We can be sure of one thing. You have created god in your own image when he hates all the same people you do.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:01 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times
For tthttf and jeffbase40--how do you feel about being complicit in the death of at least one homosexual?

You say you are NOT complicit? Don't you teach that Christians should reject homosexuality, that they should tell homosexuals that they are an abomination to God?

Yes, I think both of you do in one fashion or another although tthttf is certainly more explicit in his teachings. And that marks both of you as spiritual complicit in the death of this homosexual listed below, and I suspect of many more.

Quote:

Rob and Linda Robertson did what they believed was expected of them as good Christians.

When their 12-year-old son Ryan said he was gay, they told him they loved him, but he had to change. He entered "reparative therapy," met regularly with his pastor and immersed himself in Bible study and his church youth group. After six years, nothing changed. A despondent Ryan cut off from his parents and his faith, started taking drugs and in 2009, died of an overdose.

"Now we realize we were so wrongly taught," said Rob Robertson, a firefighter for more than 30 years who lives in Redmond, Washington. "It's a horrible, horrible mistake the church has made."

The tragedy could have easily driven the Robertsons from the church. But instead of breaking with evangelicalism — as many parents in similar circumstances have done — the couple is taking a
different approach, and they're inspiring other Christians with gay children to do the same. They are staying in the church and, in protesting what they see as the demonization of their sons and daughters, presenting a new challenge to Christian leaders trying to hold off growing acceptance of same-sex relationships.

"Parents don't have anyone on their journey to reconcile their faith and their love for their child," said Linda Robertson, who with Rob attends a nondenominational evangelical church. "They either reject their child and hold onto their faith, or they reject their faith and hold onto their child. Rob and I think you can do both: be fully affirming of your faith and fully hold onto your child."
Correction: Christian Parents-Gays story

Don't feel guilty about this--but you'd better be hoping God will not hold you responsible for the deaths of children who feel abandoned by the horrible scriptural interpretations that you hold over the heads of their parents.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:53 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,248,405 times
Quote:

You really believe those silly "gay conversions"? It's been proven that it doesn't work! Those people who are "happily straight" are just lying to themselves. Those "therapies" have been banned in a number of places because of how harmful they are. And how insulting for you to insinuate that LGBT people can't serve G-d.

BTW, you never responded to my question: do you refrain from eating shrimp and bacon? Do you refrain from wearing clothes made of more than one kind of thread? Do you stone adulterers and disobedient kids? If not, you're also a sinner by your standards!

Old 12-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
You really believe those silly "gay conversions"? It's been proven that it doesn't work! Those people who are "happily straight" are just lying to themselves. Those "therapies" have been banned in a number of places because of how harmful they are. And how insulting for you to insinuate that LGBT people can't serve G-d.

BTW, you never responded to my question: do you refrain from eating shrimp and bacon? Do you refrain from wearing clothes made of more than one kind of thread? Do you stone adulterers and disobedient kids? If not, you're also a sinner by your standards!
Don't be so touch on old jeffbase; he is still trying to find answers to my question. Methinks only one at a time he may be capable of.

Or sometimes, it seems, he is not capable of answering any.

I digress... I asked first

Old 12-03-2014, 10:05 AM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times
Quote:

Let me guess, the proof lies with, oh yea the pro-gay groups. OF course, they are going to say it doesn't work. It's easy to claim that these people are just deceiving themselves. Nearly impossible to prove since you can't read a person's thoughts.

Quote:

If you think you've caught me in a trap with your question then you don't know much about the Bible. I've address this particular point many times based these factors:

1. Leviticus only lists homosexuality as a sin that was committed in other nations and was so bad that it defiled the land. Therefore, this particular law is applicable beyond just the Israelities.

2. Shrimp, bacon, beards, clothing requirements are all Mosaic laws intended for the Israelities. The death and resurrection of Christ gave us salvation by grace, so complete obedience to the OT law is not needed. Even Jesus broke some of these strict laws.

3. Even if we disregard Leviticus completely, you still have plenty of NT passages showing that homosexuality is a sin.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Let me guess, the proof lies with, oh yea the pro-gay groups. OF course, they are going to say it doesn't work. It's easy to claim that these people are just deceiving themselves. Nearly impossible to prove since you can't read a person's thoughts.
Well, considering that the guy who started the pray the gay away organization I started another thread now married his boyfriend, I would say, no, he tried, it didn't work, it doesn't work and never will work.

Quote:
3. Even if we disregard Leviticus completely, you still have plenty of NT passages showing that homosexuality is a sin.
We also have Jesus telling us how to beat slaves, nice guy that he is. And not condemning rape, which is also not condemned in the OT.

Oh, wait, but there is more! If you marry your rape victim, all is OK.

Great set of morals that bible teaches. Anything in there about abusing children.

Heck yeah! Stone the little buggers if they do not listen to you.

And you think all that is moral??????? How do you beat YOUR slaves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity