Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,766,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
Yes you are here. You have always been here.Actually I don't much care. What happened to sodom and gommorah? As I said, I just minimise interactions with them. Why are so anxious to get acceptance and interact with Christian people? You may create laws, but you will never be welcome. I don't believe in gay bashing, but no law will make me accept them. So go and do what it is you do in your own home and leave the rest of us alone. I for one want nothing to do with your lifestyle and totally reject your values. Why does that offend you?
I'm not gay. Perhaps if you didn't try to avoid gay people you would realize they are just like you.

I see you are in South Africa. From what I understand it is not a good place for a gay person to be.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM

440 posts, read 379,894 times
Another wrong conceptualization is that marriage is a religious invention when in fact it is not. What we now call "marriage" is much older than all religions. It was practised by most societies/cultures around the world and there were same-sex unions too.

This practice is so old that it is impossibe to know since when exactly human beings have been practising it. It had more to do with defense against rival clans.

The rise in power is what helped religions (especially judeo-christian religions) monopolise this practice.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:20 AM

45 posts, read 59,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

I see you are in South Africa. From what I understand it is not a good place for a gay person to be.
Ja isn't that great? The jewish judge Goldstone may have legalised gay marriage, but yet white black and indian people still don't accept it. The black president zuma and the Zulu king both were both charged with anti-gay statements. So they can make all the PC laws they want, they will still not be accepted by any culture.

PC liberalism will never destroy faith.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Ja isn't that great? The jewish judge Goldstone may have legalised gay marriage, but yet white black and indian people still don't accept it. The black president zuma and the Zulu king both were both charged with anti-gay statements. So they can make all the PC laws they want, they will still not be accepted by any culture.

PC liberalism will never destroy faith.
Actually in about 50 years when the older generations are dead, and the more open minded younger generations start to take over, things will be a lot different.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Actually in about 50 years when the older generations are dead, and the more open minded younger generations start to take over, things will be a lot different.
I doubt it. My kids, black kids, they still make comments about gays and how wrong it is. In black communities they still get beaten up.

Racial unity for a change . When it comes to gays we are united

Old 11-06-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I doubt it. My kids, black kids, they still make comments about gays and how wrong it is. In black communities they still get beaten up.

I am sure you are a very proud to be raising a bunch of uneducated bigots. I am sure it is hard to see when you live in your own little bubble and might not know what is going on in the real world, but you do realize people like you are kinda looked at as a joke, right? People hear you and they laugh at how stupid you sound.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
These words are for you to ponder:

President Zuma described same-sex marriages as "a disgrace to the nation and to God""When I was growing up, unqingili ['homosexuals' in the Zulu language] could not stand in front of me," Zuma was quoted as saying at the public meeting.

He has also been under fire this year for refusing to condemn Uganda's new anti gay laws.

Zulu monarch King Goodwill Zwelithini has criticised people who engage in same-sex relationships, labelling them as “rotten”, according to a newspaper report on Monday.

For a change I agree with the blacks. The liberal press may jump up and down, but the people want to hear this.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
For a change I agree with the blacks. The liberal press may jump up and down, but the people want to hear this.
oh, them blacks and them gays, huh? haha!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I am sure you are a very proud to be raising a bunch of uneducated bigots. I am sure it is hard to see when you live in your own little bubble and might not know what is going on in the real world, but you do realize people like you are kinda looked at as a joke, right? People hear you and they laugh at how stupid you sound.
I am well educated with a post grad degree. All you say is that you don't like the message. As if I must care? The fact is gays are just not welcome in Christian society. so what are you doing in one?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:

I interact with a lot of black people, and I don't know one black person under the age of 35 that thinks the way you do. It must be the people you hang out with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity