Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 11:53 AM

45 posts, read 59,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I interact with a lot of black people, and I don't know one black person under the age of 35 that thinks the way you do. It must be the people you hang out with.
The difference is you deal with American blacks. Your Watts and St Louis are not something to aspire to. SA is a very Christian country. white and black. just different churches. Neither white nor black wants this liberal PC culture coming from the west. What is so difficult to understand about that? Why must the world adopt the liberal PC American model. That western model has been resisted since the Boer war.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:55 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,317,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
I am well educated with a post grad degree. All you say is that you don't like the message. As if I must care? The fact is gays are just not welcome in Christian society. so what are you doing in one?
No, you mean they're not welcome in your particular society. Religion is your crutch! Gay people are quite welcome in my Christian church, and in the community where I live. The way gay people are demonized in much of Africa is just sickening.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:59 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,768,704 times
Quote:
The difference is you deal with American blacks. Your Watts and St Louis are not something to aspire to. SA is a very Christian country. white and black. just different churches. Neither white nor black wants this liberal PC culture coming from the west. What is so difficult to understand about that? Why must the world adopt the liberal PC American model. That western model has been resisted since the Boer war.
I live in the NY city area. The black people I know are all educated and have careers.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:00 PM

45 posts, read 59,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, you mean they're not welcome in your particular society. Religion is your crutch! Gay people are quite welcome in my Christian church, and in the community where I live. The way gay people are demonized in much of Africa is just sickening.
Why are they demonised? because it is against black culture, like it is against traditional Christian muslim and jewish ones, and because we have not been infected with the PC disease the way America and Europe have been. So white and black still know it is wrong. We are far more resistant to that PC cancer. We haven't been bombarded by Hollywood night and day.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:04 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,139,617 times
Quote:
Why are they demonised? because it is against black culture, like it is against traditional Christian muslim and jewish ones, and because we have not been infected with the PC disease the way America and Europe have been. So white and black still know it is wrong. We are far more resistant to that PC cancer. We haven't been bombarded by Hollywood night and day.
Gay people are demonized because people like you demonize them - and then you teach your children to demonize them. You were taught to hate, and now you're teaching others to follow in your footsteps.

Not much different than racism.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:08 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,427,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I am not condemning individuals and you know it.
Yes you are. You are condemning hundreds of millions of individual people who you apparently can't even see as human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
God absolutely condemns the abominable sin of homosexuality which requires by God's law that both parties be put to death to lose their physical life and if it is not repented of during the judgment they will die the second death.
You want hundreds of millions of 21st century gay and lesbian individual people around the world to be put to death? All because of a sentence written several thousand years ago by ignorant barbaric men who ritually sacrificed animals on altars? If that's not blind hatred, I don't know what is.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:08 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,768,704 times
Quote:
Oh yes, that PC cancer. That is so much worse than something like corrective rape which is a common occurrence in your part of the world.

For anyone not familiar with the term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrective_rape

I guess this is what a traditional Christian culture that has not been infected with the PC diseases you are so afraid of looks like? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_...n_South_Africa

The rate of sexual violence in South Africa is among the highest in the world. Sexual violence is the use of force or manipulation to get someone to engage in unwanted sexual activity without his or her consent.[1] An estimated of 500,000 rape cases take place in the country, every year.[2]

South Africa has some of the highest incidences of child and infant rape in the world.[22] In 2001, it was reported by the South African Police Service that children are the victims of 41 percent of all rapes reported in the country.[23]

Last edited by ashleynj; 11-06-2014 at 12:21 PM..

Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,139,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You want hundreds of millions of 21st century gay and lesbian individual people around the world to be put to death? All because of a sentence written several thousand years ago by ignorant barbaric men who ritually sacrificed animals on altars? If that's not blind hatred, I don't know what is.
Hatred?

God requires death for homosexuals and condemns them to an eternity burning in hell. God is also loving. Doesn't that mean that killing or condemning a homosexual is an act of love?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,816,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why does God talk about the other nations doing these abominations if it was just a ritual purity law only for Hebrews?
Because the purpose of those laws was to stop the Israelites from being like the Egyptians and Canaanites since those issues were heavily involved in pagan worship, hence the reference to Molech. That's also why tattoos, mixed clothing, certain colors, etc. were prohibited.

Quote:
My opinion is shared by many great men of God. Stop trying to personalize.
Your opinion is also rejected by many great men of God. Stop assuming you're infallible. The Bible offers no solution for gay people. I don't think God would put gays in an impossible situation for no reason.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,689,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Hatred?

God requires death for homosexuals and condemns them to an eternity burning in hell. God is also loving. Doesn't that mean that killing or condemning a homosexual is an act of love?
When you follow an angry god, expect violence to ensue. Look at all the holy wars, and you'll see religion divides people just like the "preachers" in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity