Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 07:44 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
All sins are created equal, do you sin, yes or no?
It is quite telling when the only counter argument you have to support homosexuality is to try and turn it back on Christians. Why is it so hard to answer my question?

And no, all sins are not created equal:

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body."

1 Corinthians 6:18

Old 11-05-2014, 07:48 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Everything coming out of your heart is sin. Read post #476
Wow, so you know my entire life experiences 24/7? Because that is what would be required to support such a ridiculous judgmental statement.

I won't read post #476 if you won't answer my simple question.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Not everyone is a child of your father--who is not God.

Jesus ate with sinners, He forgave sinners, He mingled so much with sinners that your brethren the Pharisees accused Him of being like them.

Read post#476 again. The message is for you, too.

Hearing the Whisper: Why Does He Eat With Sinners?

You do not hang out with sinners, you do not support nor help them in direct refutation of the actions of Jesus. You are far from Him.
I do know this. I am currently in the presence of some people here who are in favor of an abominable sin that is a capital crime who are attacking any anti-homosexual comments posted against this iniquity and I am giving my opinion on the matter that I am opposed to it and that God, Christ and the Scriptures are opposed to it.

You are to abhor evil and I do not see that attitude present here at all for some of the posters. To abhor someone speaking out against a serious sin as homosexuality is not a godly attitude at all. You should be joining me and others in condemning this sin and the Bible says it is an abomination -- a death penalty (capital) crime. Repentance is badly needed here for some.

tthttf

Old 11-05-2014, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I do know this. I am currently in the presence of some people here who are in favor of an abominable sin that is a capital crime who are attacking any anti-homosexual comments posted against this iniquity and I am giving my opinion on the matter that I am opposed to it and that God, Christ and the Scriptures are opposed to it.

You are to abhor evil and I do not see that attitude present here at all for some of the posters. To abhor someone speaking out against a serious sin as homosexuality is not a godly attitude at all. You should be joining me and others in condemning this sin and the Bible says it is an abomination -- a death penalty (capital) crime. Repentance is badly needed here for some.

tthttf
You vomit garbage and pretend it comes from God instead of your dark and fetid spirit.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:43 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Leviticus 20:
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
But, you need to read it in context.

WHO was the lord talking to in Leviticus 20? Moses. And the instructions were for Moses to talk to the "children of Israel".

Reference: (All Leviticus 20)

20:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
20:2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

Further more, where is the insistence of the admonitions immediately proceeding 20:13?

Let's investigate:
20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
Why are you not calling for the death of the children that curse their parents? Even if those parents are abusive?
20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
We know from surveys that adultery is practiced as much in areas of high fundamentalism as elsewhere. Highest divorce rates? Fundamentalists, then Baptists. The lowest rates? Atheists.

Variation in divorce rates by religion according to the Barna Group study: source
Religion % have been divorced
Jews 30%
Born-again Christians 27%
Other Christians 24%
Atheists, Agnostics 21%
Why is adultery not condemned as vehemently as homosexuality by fundamentalists?

Old 11-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You vomit garbage and pretend it comes from God instead of your dark and fetid spirit.
I would not call God's Word "vomit garbage" but you will have answer for your comments and not me.

I have quoted from the Scriptures as accurately as I can and I wasn't pretending as you accuse. I think even my enemies who DO know the Scriptures would attest to that.

Revelation 21:
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
You should be joining me and others in condemning this sin and the Bible says it is an abomination -- a death penalty (capital) crime.
Jesus came to save, not condemn.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 PM

440 posts, read 377,719 times
The concept of sin is meaningless in real life; it is a religious concept.

If we are to find the root causes that originated homophobia, there are a few.

Homophobia is basically an offspring of Partriarchy. As most of us might already know, patriarchy sees men as superior to women so they must dominate over them (women) in all areas. Patriarchy doesn't have a problem with homosexuality per se; it is the sexual intercourse that bothers patriarchy and this is why.

In heterosexual sexual intercourse, the position that generally women take (bottom) is seen as another expression of their inferiority in patriarchal terms whereas men's position during sex is seen as dominant because he is over the female. In same-sex (male) sexual intercourse there is also a passive who receives the act. Here is what enrages patriarchy. For patriarchy, the passive role (the man who receives) degrades the condition of being a man because, for patriarchy, a man should always take the dominant position(s). This is actualy the projection of what patriarchy thinks of women applied to men who take the passive role.

The passive role is what patriarchy doesn't like to be performed by men. The passive role is generally stigmatised wherears the active role goes relatively unnoticed because it resembles the role of men in heterosexual sexual intercourse.

In broad terms, same-sex sexual intercourse doesn't allign with patriarchal standards, that means, there isn't an "inferior" and a "superior" because same-sex relationships are composed of people of the same sex so there is a relevant degree of equality and equity that many heterosexual couples don't show ever since women are culturally forced to take the submissive role in all senses.

When patriarchy spread and made homosexuality a taboo there is when all sorts of myths about homosexuality came to exist. When you try to keep something hidden people create stories about it that distort reality of it.

The bible is a clear expression of patriarchy. Women cannot take higher position over men; they must obey their husbands and men in general. Women are not allowed to teach men, etc.

There is also this verse in the bible "be fruitful and multiply" that was taken to the letter by the Jews. Probably because as the nomads they were they might have been a small population so, in order not to disappear as a culture it was decided that reproduction should be the most important thing to do. This is why you can find incest in the bible and it is not seen as a sinful act that should be avoided. Lot's daughters deliberately got their father drunk so that they could have incestous sex with him. It didn't matter what kind of sex people had as long as it meant reproduction.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus came to save, not condemn.

But Christ did condemn sin and quoted when battling Satan that we should live by every Word of God and later stated that if we are to enter into life [eternal] we must keep the Commandments and then went on listed some of them.

But He did not come to Judge all those who have ever lived at the time that He was in the flesh but He will in the future as Revelation 20 reveals.

Revelation 20:
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:37 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
But Christ did condemn sin and quoted when battling Satan that we should live by every Word of God and later stated that if we are to enter into life [eternal] we must keep the Commandments and then went on listed some of them.

I see you avoided answering my questions in the post above:

My post #535
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity