Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Can innocent people suffer? Can people suffer who do not deserve to suffer? That is what Job is about.

Some people say Job deserved what he got. But that is what Job's friends said and God said they were wrong.

Look at Joseph. What did he do to deserve being cast into a well, sold to the Midianites and then sold to Potiphar? He was set up and spent time in prison. Yet what was Joseph's inspired words on the matter to his brothers who sold him?:

Gen_50:20 And you, you devised against me evil, yet the Elohim devises it for me for good, that it may work out as at this day, to preserve alive many people.

God didn't bring this evil on Joseph just to bring evil on him. It was for a good purpose.
Christ is the supreme example of someone receiving evil for that which they did not deserve. Yes, like Joseph, Christ had to spend time in a sort of prison (a tomb) and upon His/his release He/he then became the Saviour/saviour of the world.
"He" is Christ and "he" is Joseph. The parallels are striking.

Last edited by Eusebius; 11-24-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
I'll ask him why he let me down and was silent. But he will just judge me and say I was too selfish, too much this, not enough trusting not good enough. And thank you
He already gave His most prized possession to save you. What more do you want? Do you want Him to wait on you hand and foot like some sort of servant?

No one is good enough. That is what grace is for. God is gracious to those who do not merit it. Believe it or not, God is for you and really, truly thinks you are way cool.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Can innocent people suffer? Can people suffer who do not deserve to suffer? That is what Job is about.

Some people say Job deserved what he got. But that is what Job's friends said and God said they were wrong.

Look at Joseph. What did he do to deserve being cast into a well, sold to the Midianites and then sold to Potiphar? He was set up and spent time in prison. Yet what was Joseph's inspired words on the matter to his brothers who sold him?:

Gen_50:20 And you, you devised against me evil, yet the Elohim devises it for me for good, that it may work out as at this day, to preserve alive many people.

God didn't bring this evil on Joseph just to bring evil on him. It was for a good purpose.
Christ is the supreme example of someone receiving evil for that which they did not deserve. Yes, like Joseph, Christ had to spend time in a sort of prison (a tomb) and upon His/his release He/he then became the Saviour/saviour of the world.
"He" is Christ and "he" is Joseph. The parallels are striking.
Genesis 41:44 I am Pharaoh, but without your word no one will lift hand or foot in all Egypt." Do you believe no one lifted their hand or foot without Joseph's word ?. You know when you lift your hand and foot, i will give you one guess who is the cause behind the movement.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Genesis 41:44 I am Pharaoh, but without your word no one will lift hand or foot in all Egypt." Do you believe no one lifted their hand or foot without Joseph's word ?. You know when you lift your hand and foot, i will give you one guess who is the cause behind the movement.
Gen 41:44 And saying is Pharaoh to Joseph, "I am Pharaoh, and apart from you shall no man raise his hand or his foot in all the land of Egypt.
John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible states:

and without thee shall not a man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt
; which is to be taken
not in a strict literal sense, but proverbially, signifying, that nothing should be done in the nation of any
moment or importance, relating to political affairs, but what was by his order and authority; the hands and
feet being the principal instruments of action. The Targum of Jonathan is,"without thy word (or order) a
man shall not lift up his hand to gird on armour, or his foot to mount a horse;''signifying thereby, that all
things relating to war and peace should be altogether under his direction.

To answer your question pcamps,
Yes, of course, according to the account given us, no man could lift up his hand in political affairs or battle without Joseph's okay.

Abel
Job
Joseph
Christ

These are some of the people in the Bible who did not deserve the evil which came upon them.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:54 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
A man who is better then me, according to the book of Job didn't get a fair deal, whether we like to admit it or not. It shows Gods sovereignty and shouldn't be questioned. I get all of this. But this makes me not able to trust God. Even if I lived a good life, he can still choose to bring trouble. People say God doesn't cause evil, but in this story the devil was obeying God in carrying out disaster to Job, and not taking responsibility. But in reality that is the exact same thing. And I think about how our punishment in the end times is going to be horrible. How can I love someone, someone who claims he is love itself and not have my needs or comforts met? How do we live in love and peace knowing that our trust, hope, faith, works won't save us from trouble in this life. It's a dark side

A great deal is said about the end of days that is only said to show a person where he is in his walk. Revelation speaking of a third of trees dying, a third of the creatures dying in the sea, and then all the creatures dying isn't speaking of literal trees or fish in the ocean. 100 pound Hailstones is not speaking of hailstones, it could happen, but it is not about a literal hailstorm, it is speaking about hard truths falling on people and crushing them, not a physical injury or death, but a realization of a hard truth. Merchant sailors in boats upon the seas selling their wares has nothing to do with actual merchants or actual boats, they are people crossing over in Zebulun, Issachar and Judah.

The green grass is the common spirit that all men have who believe in God, but among the fields of grass, sometime a tree sprouts up and begins producing fruit and shade for many people.

You become a good true that gives sustenance to many, and shade to many when you have progressed into the feast of booths, you become a tree among the grass.

Matthew 24 and Revelation is showing you as the Temple, and how you progress from stage to stage, level to level.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

You are Pharaoh, and within you is a child of God, and God says,'' Let my people go that they may make sacrifice and they will come back and serve again.''

God couldn't just take his children from Egypt because they are under a covenant, Pharaoh must agree to let them go himself.

Egypt~Assyria~Israel

In the end, these three will become one in the land, and they become one because they symbolize one right now.

Isaiah

Bless Egypt my people, Bless Assyria the work of my hands, and bless Israel mine inheritance.

This prophesy is universal and puts all people within these 3.

All people come from Egypt by flesh, and then God does a miracle work within you{Assyria}, and then you can become Israel.

Just thought I would throw that at you.

It's like looking at Sukkot taking place in Zechariah 14 where it speaks of Assyrians, of Egyptians and Israel.

These 3 have always been against each other, it is usually Egypt against Assyria, or Assyria against Egypt and both against Israel. Egypt will make a deal with Israel to go against Assyria, And Assyria will later strike a deal with Israel to go against Egypt. You always hear God telling Israel about his great hope{Egypt} that Egypt will protect them if an alliance is made.

But in the end, the 3 become one in the land with a universal prophesy putting all people of God in one of the 3.

I guess I will just Babylon all day again.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:15 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
What are the pains of this world, when an eternity of peace and happiness awaits
those such as Job, who endure to the end ?

Old 12-29-2014, 03:17 AM

3 posts, read 1,921 times
Moderator cut: Personal attacks are against the Terms of Service Nothing you just said makes a lick of sense. This is the ignorance and lack of logic that typifies christians as a whole.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-29-2014 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks

Old 12-29-2014, 03:19 AM

Default It's all good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If you're in the middle of a trial, you naturally won't see the growth in your character or the blessings God has for you at the end. It's understandable the way you're feeling.

Job 42:12 Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning.

Job's blessings doubled after his suffering. What this shows me is that there is a measured time to suffering, a beginning and an end, with blessings afterwards for God's children. It's all under the allowance of a benevolent force, and not an evil one. It's a message of hope, trust and faith.

So a new family completely makes up for the old one "HE" allowed to be wiped out. How nice!

Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 AM

I'm sure Job's family was born party'ers. Sinners from birth. They never looked up at him while he changed their diapers or called him "da-da". He never had any affection for that bunch of sinners he called his children. Moderator cut: Taking the trash out I'm sure every last one of them (x10) deserved to be wiped out by Satan as part of a bet. He got a new family after it was over, after all. I'm sure Job just put their pictures away and moved on. What a good and purely LOVE God you worship.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-29-2014 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: Removing junk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity