Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 05:35 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Anyway, I've proved my point that atheists are not all-knowing as they claim to be, actually some are rather disadvantaged. Many are gay or cross-dressers or otherwise crazy, many simply can't handle any little problem that comes along at all, all want to cry "VICTIM" and none want to accept responsibility for themselves.

Like my pastor describes them: They are the Walking Dead. The odor or brimstone and sulfur accompanies their every footfall.
So which of those descriptions apply to me? For that matter, what evidence do you have that any of those descriptions apply to any of the posters here? You claim you have proved some point or other. Please provide links to the relevant posts.

Thank you.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:39 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I am aware that atheists can come over strong. There are some whose actions do not suit me at all. I can't see me in a 'zombie Jesus' parade. I try not to engage in mockery (though it can be effective).

There is something going on - an awareness that there are questions to be asked and some changes needed. The ruckus over a reduction for prayer diner did not go down well with a lot of atheists. I try to encourage reasonably polite engagement with anyone who wants to question. Disagreement can be strong, but it isn't personal with me.

Eusebius and I fight like a couple bantams but we are good mates, really. Forged in the fires of McClellan. And I have enjoyed my sparring with my opposites here. And I do hope that some misconceptions and misunderstandings have been addressed.

Not least the one that supposes that evilooshun is as basic to atheism as the Bible is to Creationism.
Arequipa, interestingly enough, I feel the same way as you. Of course, no one really knows each other behind these computer screens, but to be honest, I really wish well for all the folks who come here. I hate no one and I know that some might be going through illness and/or other hardships right now. Others might be just fine, but at the end of the day, religious views and political divides apart, we're all just trying to make our way through life. Some folks take it all too serious, and by that I mean, look to burst blood vessels and get their bloomers in a bunch, like the person who started this thread, but frankly, it isn't THAT serious.

I love me a good joke at times and some Jesus/God/Mohammad skits are hilarious especially when they are drawn with those dumb look on their faces, but I sure don't hate people for their religious views. I might find them silly and counterproductive at times, but if at the end of the day it makes someone a BETTER person, caring for their fellow man and doing positive things NOT at the expense of others, you're good with me.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:45 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
At what age did you realize that you were the most intelligent person on the planet? Five or six?
Quote:
Of course the atheists could all go to the forum set up for their use? That would involve class though.
Quote:
Why is it our place to offer you proof of God? Why not assume some tiny bit of responsibility for yourself? The monkey's not on our backs you know. Actually, I don't really care. What makes you atheists think the world spins just for you? You are actually insignificant.
Quote:
Good. What makes you think it's up to anyone to teach you anything? Take responsibility for your own education.
Quote:
AMEN!!! They already have their own forum on CD. The whole problem is that they want to abuse Christians and shove their beliefs down our throats. No class at all.
Quote:
Of course. This is not my first rodeo. Actually though, I was curious as to why anyone, especially those who claim to be super intelligent, would bash a God or a Christ who they claim does not exist. Now I know. They are not super intelligent at all --- they are insane.
Quote:
Atheists do develop more slowly than average folk.
. . . . . and this kind of rude and inconsiderate posting is why this thread gets closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity