Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 08:04 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,022,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As a Canuck, I'm disqualified.

Not to mention unfit for the job.

I ain't nuts.
Gotcha!

Old 01-16-2015, 08:07 PM

322 posts, read 244,012 times
Quote:
As a Canuck, I'm disqualified.

Not to mention unfit for the job.

I ain't nuts.
Don't think we have not noticed you guy's have amassed your population along our borders. We got our eye on you!

Old 01-16-2015, 08:08 PM

This has been a great troll post and I'm surprised it has stayed up this long, but it great the mods have allowed grown folks to get some things off their chest.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:18 PM

As for this Human Being person, I keep seeing him or her mentioning a "hatred for God." This is proof, yet again, mis-characterization has taken root. To the believer, there is a God and everyone SHOULD believe in him and if they don't or can't see the reason why, then gosh darn it, something must be wrong with them and/or they must HATE God. This is compounded by the fact that SOME Christians have this warped notion that unbelievers are all about partying, drinking, having wild, crazy sex with forest nymphs or farm animals and they sacrifice babies and worship Satan at nights. In other words, they HATE God because they want to indulge in this human construct they call "sin." At NO point in their narrow thinking is there this possibility that MANY atheists are FORMER Christians/believers who have INTELLECTUALLY come to the conclusion, that based on the observed evidence, or lack thereof, there is NO sign of an intelligent life believer refer to as "God."

Some atheists have STAYED the way they were born - WITHOUT BELIEF - which is the definition of an atheist. Others, like me, arrived at the position after FIRST being born that way and then being indoctrinated away from my first state and then coming to the intellectual conclusion these "beliefs" are a pile of crock and then making the responsible decision to leave them behind. No babies were sacrificed along the way and that Satan dude Christians freak out over has no hold over me or my mind.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:23 PM

322 posts, read 244,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
As for this Human Being person, I keep seeing him or her mentioning a "hatred for God." This is proof, yet again, mis-characterization has taken root. To the believer, there is a God and everyone SHOULD believe in him and if they don't or can't see the reason why, then gosh darn it, something must be wrong with them and/or they must HATE God. This is compounded by the fact that SOME Christians have this warped notion that unbelievers are all about partying, drinking, having wild, crazy sex with forest nymphs or farm animals and they sacrifice babies and worship Satan at nights. In other words, they HATE God because they want to indulge in this human construct they call "sin." At NO point in their narrow thinking is there this possibility that MANY atheists are FORMER Christians/believers who have INTELLECTUALLY come to the conclusion, that based on the observed evidence, or lack thereof, there is NO sign of an intelligent life believer refer to as "God."

Some atheists have STAYED the way they were born - WITHOUT BELIEF - which is the definition of an atheist. Others, like me, arrived at the position after FIRST being born that way and then being indoctrinated away from my first state and then coming to the intellectual conclusion these "beliefs" are a pile of crock and then making the responsible decision to leave them behind. No babies were sacrificed along the way and that Satan dude Christians freak out over has no hold over me or my mind.
Satan has such control over you that you cannot even see it now. An excercision is your only hope. Put your hands on your computer screen and repeat after me!

Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 PM

18,533 posts, read 9,223,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

Excellent post sir. Thank you.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
Satan has such control over you that you cannot even see it now. An excercision is your only hope. Put your hands on your computer screen and repeat after me!
Before we get started, what is the cost? There's gotta be money involved.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Excellent post sir. Thank you.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:59 PM

18,533 posts, read 9,223,516 times
To Ella Parr, the_human_being, et al.:

If more religious people were like TroutDude, many atheists & agnostics would have no issues with religion. I certainly wouldn't.

Notice how he doesn't make wild assumptions about atheists or agnostics or deliberately mischaracterize them. Nor does he use his religious views to bully those who disagree. As far as I know, he doesn't indoctrinate children with his views, or use his religion to control people, gain political power, or get wealth. Nota Bene.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:09 PM

874 posts, read 639,141 times
Quote:
When pinned, as an Animist with Deist leanings. I believe all life has spirit and more things are alive than most people think.

I would like to believe there is a unifying web in which all is connected and that one day I may come to know it from the inside. Right now, I have no real conception of what God might be* and hope that will not always be the case.

* As many First Nations people believe, God/Creator is often referred to as the Great Mystery. I share that view.
Ok. I understand that. Animist with Deist leaning is a good place to be.

I don't know if this relates to you or not, but I had a dear friend years ago that was an "outdoors" man. He had no religion and he really didn't believe in God the way I do, but the outdoors was his godly place. He drew strength and comfort from being out in the woods and on the water. He was almost reverent about it - like some are in church. When he had problems or something he needed to mull over, he went to the woods or fishing. There he found what he needed. For him, that was his time with "God", though he didn't term it that way. I never doubted that he was in "church" and communing with "God". It was as right and natural for him as for someone else going to church. He introduced me to his wonderful world. His demeanor was different. There was a reverence in him I rarely saw from people in church. Of course, when I saw his haven and felt the power of it, I called it God. He never did. But whatever he felt was just as true for him as it was for me. That is why I preach, "one's own path".

I think "God" manifests Himself in numerous ways and I don't think you have to go to church or call a deity, God, to find within you the Great Mystery. I think that the really "great mystery" is that it was within each of us all along - whatever you do or don't call it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity