Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 03:11 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thanks for the good laugh.

I never said I get direct revelations from God. God either opens the heart of a person to the evangel or He does not. His opening or keeping closed the hearts of individuals to the evangel is not due to a love or hatred of any person but merely has to do with His counsel and will.
Freak80 is loosing it. He's just lashing out blindly now at anything that moves.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us
I can answer this question personally.

What drives us is the particularly powerful presence of Christians in (in my case) America. Christians have a stronghold in US politics and have far too much influence on everyone's daily activities and far too much influence in law.

If Christians were just a blip on the radar, then I wouldn't care about speaking out.

We care about religion because of religious violence and acts in the name of God.
We care about religion because theists attempt to push non-science into science classes.
We care about religion because of bigotry and hatred towards minority groups and the LGBT community.
Can you imagine an Atheist president? Me neither as long as we're the most distrusted group!
I care about atheists because it was the atheist led Communists that murdered about 50 million of their own people. One can argue till they are blue in the face that it wasn't really atheist but in fact, it was. Why not? We are all an accident of evolution. We are nothing more than an animal. If we die it's no big loss.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Freak80 is loosing it. He's just lashing out blindly now at anything that moves.
I think you're talking about the guy in the mirror.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:15 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,354,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I care about atheists because it was the atheist led Communists that murdered about 50 million of their own people. One can argue till they are blue in the face that it wasn't really atheist but in fact, it was. Why not? We are all an accident of evolution. We are nothing more than an animal. If we die it's no big loss.
Are you referring to Stalin by chance? He was most certainly an Atheist. He also had a mustache... oh hey wait a minute! So did Hitler!

It must be those mustaches!

Old 01-16-2015, 03:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times
Quote:
That's good actually. One doesn't, under NORMAL circumstances lash out at a figment of the imagination. They know God exists. This is just their way of getting back at Him for their missperceived ideas that He did something to tick them off. Like the Mills Brothers sang: "You always hurt the one you love, the one, you wouldn't hurt before."

Old 01-16-2015, 03:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,130,331 times
Is this thread serving any useful purpose anymore?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:17 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,354,049 times
Quote:
Loose vs Lose | e Learn English Language

Old 01-16-2015, 03:20 PM

874 posts, read 638,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know you are not being serious. Threads about homosexuality(this one is the biggy), what is sin what isn't, correcting sin in others.

From what i have read on here since being a member on this forum, is American bible believing(?) christianity is deep seeded in sin consciousness and the way homosexuals are singled out not only to be offenders but the biggest ones is totally disgusting.
Sadly, I have to agree with you about singling out homosexuals is totally disgusting. But you see, I was in church 60 years ago when it was the Jews which were the reason America was going to hell in a hand basket. Then it was Negros; then it was women; then it was women, again. I don't know who they hated on next because I was no longer sitting in the church pew. Organized religion (OR) has always needed somebody to hate and to blame. I don't know why, but hate has always been their mantra. You must realize that while OR calls itself Christian, OR really has little to do with Christianity. They are 2 separate things. OR is a totally man-made thing and it hijacked God and the Bible for its own purposes. OR can't blame itself and its own sins for sending the world to hell, so they must have a scapegoat. I don't know why. They just always have. That is the nature of the beast. That is why I keep harping on the fact that OR, Christianity, God, and the Bible are not the same things.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:22 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,459,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I can answer this question personally.

What drives us is the particularly powerful presence of Christians in (in my case) America. Christians have a stronghold in US politics and have far too much influence on everyone's daily activities and far too much influence in law.

If Christians were just a blip on the radar, then I wouldn't care about speaking out.

We care about religion because of religious violence and acts in the name of God.
We care about religion because theists attempt to push non-science into science classes.
We care about religion because of bigotry and hatred towards minority groups and the LGBT community.
Can you imagine an Atheist president? Me neither as long as we're the most distrusted group!
Quote:
No. What you care about is imposing your beliefs and hatreds upon others. Let's at least be honest little atheists.
Many atheists have pointed out to you that their problem with your religion is that it has a direct impact on their lives. That is Christians imposing their beliefs and hatreds upon others.

You continue to ignore the very real reasons you are given. Your condescension makes you sound like a bully, and I don't think Jesus was like that.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 PM

874 posts, read 638,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Why Are theists So Pre-Occupied With what atheists think?
Because they are in the Christian Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity