Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You, wolf39us and other atheists are just proving my point.

Everyone ever born has some sort of sense of the God who created the universe. Why do I say that? Because we are all connected to Him. He gives to all (including atheists) life and breath and all. So the connection is there even if you don't want to admit it. I think this is why you and other atheist attackers are really crying out to know this one true God but you don't have the tools to grasp Him.
I would concede that there may be an innate instinct to believe in gods. That does not mean they exist and the evidence (I won't even try to explain ) suggests they don't. That there is no good reason to believe and plenty of reason not to is the reason why the believers keep telling themselves this comfy lie that that we really believe, deep down inside, and are really crying out to Know God while making denialist noises.

The truth is that the believers who argue the hardest could well be in the category of those who, all the time they were putting in their most strident polemics for Faith, were deconverting all the time without even realizing it.

The deconverts who have related all this alone would be all the reason I'd need to be confident that atheism was right. But there is whole shedload of other reasons why atheism is correct. You have what tools? Faith, denial, poor reasoning, misrepresentation, misdirection, ad hom, ...Like a black velvet hood is a tool for looking at the sun.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you implying you "get it" but the atheists aren't capable? (The implication is they're somehow deficient.) I hope not because, were I an atheist, I would find that beyond insulting.
No one is capable of coming into a realization of God until God's time for the individual to enter into that realization.

But we have the sure promise that "God will have all mankind to be saved and come into a realization of the truth" (1 Tim.2:4-6). Until then, no one can "get it" unless it is given to them. It's not insulting. It is just the way it is.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Do not be discouraged. God hears your cries.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
No one is capable of coming into a realization of God until God's time for the individual to enter into that realization.
How very Zen-ish. Fundamentalists don't like Zen. It's from Satan, you know.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I would concede that there may be an innate instinct to believe in gods. That does not mean they exist and the evidence (I won't even try to explain ) suggests they don't. That there is no good reason to believe and plenty of reason not to is the reason why the believers keep telling themselves this comfy lie that that we really believe, deep down inside, and are really crying out to Know God while making denialist noises.

The truth is that the believers who argue the hardest could well be in the category of those who, all the time they were putting in their most strident polemics for Faith, were deconverting all the time without even realizing it.

The deconverts who have related all this alone would be all the reason I'd need to be confident that atheism was right. But there is whole shedload of other reasons why atheism is correct. You have what tools? Faith, denial, poor reasoning, misrepresentation, misdirection, ad hom, ...Like a black velvet hood is a tool for looking at the sun.
Have you never heard of the God gene?

Maybe the deconverts merely deconverted from a type of paganized form of Christianity.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How very Zen-ish. Fundamentalists don't like Zen. It's from Satan, you know.
It's not Zen, it's in the bible.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 PM

I think the atheists who lash out the hardest against God are the very ones crying out for His loving embrace.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
I think the atheists who lash out the hardest against God are the very ones crying out for His loving embrace.
Eusebius, do you really believe athiests are lashing out against God ?. To take that line of thought, what can we assume christians are doing when they are speaking/lashing out against sin and sinners? Maybe the very thing that embraces them ?.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
It's not Zen, it's in the bible.
I think you should tell that to the hell fire and damnation fundamentalists.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Eusebius, do you really believe athiests are lashing out against God ?. To take that line of thought, what can we assume christians are doing when they are speaking/lashing out against sin and sinners? Maybe the very thing that embraces them ?.
Oh yes, many atheists lash out against God. Have you never read their posts on these boards?

That is true that there are Christians who make it their life to point out every little sin in other's lives. It is kind of like Miss Thistlebottom with grammar. They strain out the gnat while at the same time are swallowing a camel (the camel was considered unclean to eat by Jewish law).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity