Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,415,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I have not preasched nor have I posted any scripture at all on this OP. You are chasing your tail.
Human being, i did not say you that you have, i am questioning the OP and answering it how i see it as a believer who does not see atheists in the light it seems that you do. I find there questions relevant, they make very good points and for me personally it cause me to not question my faith but by faith seek a deeper understanding of what i already have confidence in to be the truth(the reality of God) to me.

I will say this too about atheists, they seem to be more open to reason then many on here.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,795 times
Quote:
Christians are passing laws on this forum? Well, we have certainly destroyed the myth that atheists are super intelligent. I now totally accept the argument that the person made who stated atheists are mentally ill in the manner alcoholics and drug addicts are ill.
The forums discuss things that happen in real life. I discuss those topics on the forums.

Notice who has resorted to attacks? It wasn't me.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know you are not being serious. Threads about homosexuality(this one is the biggy), what is sin what isn't, correcting sin in others.

From what i have read on here since being a member on this forum, is American bible believing(?) christianity is deep seeded in sin consciousness and the way homosexuals are singled out not only to be offenders but the biggest ones is totally disgusting.
Am I gay? You really don't know do you? That's because I don't try to force my beliefs nor my sexual lifestyle upon others. Keep your personal business to yourself and you won't have all these self-induced issues.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:59 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The forums discuss things that happen in real life. I discuss those topics on the forums.

Notice who has resorted to attacks? It wasn't me.

It's my OP. I asked a question. I am making real-time conclusions based on the data being returned.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:01 AM

322 posts, read 244,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Human being, i did not say you that you have, i am questioning the OP and answering it how i see it as a believer who does not see atheists in the light it seems that you do. I find there questions relevant, they make very good points and for me personally it cause me to not question my faith but by faith seek a deeper understanding of what i already have confidence in to be the truth(the reality of God) to me.

I will say this too about atheists, they seem to be more open to reason then many on here.
I also find those who oppose my faith to be reason to dig deeper. I went through a period when I was trying to come to a firm knowledge of my faith and frequented places where it would be challenged so I could search and research and confirm if what I believed was correct or needed to be revised.

I would like to challenge you to avoid using almost every post to try and put someone down such as you did above. You made good points and then made yourself look bad by attacking others. IMHO

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,415,117 times
Quote:
Am I gay? You really don't know do you? That's because I don't try to force my beliefs nor my sexual lifestyle upon others. Keep your personal business to yourself and you won't have all these self-induced issues.
It wouldn't worry me if you were. The OP is not about gays, it is about why are atheists so pre-occupied with God and christianity?,and i stated my opinion that it is for the same reason many christians are obsessed with gays and sin, of cause i could be totally wrong and i probably am, but do you really think christians can say what they say about atheists,gays and sinners and not expect some form of reaction ?. Like i said rather than whinging about it, use the opportunity to share what is the reality in your life.....or....

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM

50,112 posts, read 20,872,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
I should have elaborated a bit more. I believe you know on some level that there is a God and as you mention you feel lonely because of that. So you seek out others to join you in your assault on the God you wish did not exist and come to places like this where you are in the majority. It's kind of like your church where you are among others who can support you in your choice and you pat each other on the back and commend each other for your fine job of denouncing the God you all really know exist. Otherwise you would not care enough to come here and do this.
That is a very nice elaborated explanation. However, I can tell you that you are wrong in your belief. I do not miss a god in the least. At one time I did want to know what the truth was about what might be beyond, but I had to accept agnosticism - nobody really knew. I also became engaged in the debate about the validity of the Bible - which is actually nothing to do with a need for a god or feeling lonely without one. The evidence is that it is not believable.

The reason we do this is of course, because God -belief is being pushed in our faces all the time, and so we are pushing back. You have a point of course, that having come to that conclusion, I want to tell others. We all do. We don't care to be a minority, especially if the majority is giving us a hard time.

But that has absolutely no bearing on your (false) contention that I know there is a god and that is why I work so hard at being atheist. I do rather like the pats on the back It encourages us to continue doing the fine job we have done so far of showing up the claims of religion to be worthless, pretty much.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-16-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 09:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,295,406 times
Quote:
Indeed. Such as Werner Von Braum, Madam Curie, etc. All that perceived intelligence in your mind is all a false ego booster. There are and always has been many very intelligent people on the side of religion. I probably have just as much of an education or better than you do.
Well, obviously your education didn't include the correct spelling of his name: Wernher von Braun.

If you're going to start claiming him as your own, the least you can do is get his name right. Thanks.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM

201 posts, read 281,172 times
Quote:
My topic should be perfectly clear and easy to understand. Why are most all the OP's on here from atheists bashing a God, a Christ, Christians, Christianity, or the Bible and repeadily asking stupid questions about subjects the atheists has sworn to disavow? Are atheists simple minded little old women whose tongues are constantly wagging and trying to engage in foolish gossip?

I am being serious when I ask this question: are you really a Christian?

I was raised Christian but my belief wavered as I got older and I've been agnostic for the past 10-12 years. Recently, I became interested in reading the Bible again because of problems that I've been facing in life. I've read a lot of good, wise words about forgiveness and issues.

One of the scriptures I've come across recently was Matthew 5:22 in which Jesus sat on the mountainside with his disciples and said: "But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell."

There are other scriptures I have read that are similar in which Jesus has made it clear that name-calling and derogatory language is not acceptable.

You've made a number of posts on this thread that have resorted to name-calling and were intended to be demeaning such as the post above. "Stupid questions", "Simple minded little old women" (which shows you do not respect women), "foolish gossip". These are only a few examples of the words you've typed.

So I'm curious as to how you claim to be a Christian but don't follow the advice of Jesus.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,795 times
Quote:
It's my OP. I asked a question. I am making real-time conclusions based on the data being returned.
And people are answering you, but you are using that as an excuse to attack their answers. If you already had your mind made up and weren't going to listen to the replies, why bother making a thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity