Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 AM

50,128 posts, read 20,891,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And people are answering you, but you are using that as an excuse to attack their answers. If you already had your mind made up and weren't going to listen to the replies, why bother making a thread?
Because what would be regarded as atheism -bashing on A/A is perfectly acceptable here.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
It's pretty obvious the OP and many respondents are misinformed about atheism and fear and loathe atheists. But it's also understandable.

It's mostly the fundamentalists who resent the incursions of the godless. Fundamentalists prefer a black and white worldview. It keeps things simple, which is important to them.

Atheists introduce doubt where there was certainty. They introduce objective, scientific truths which contradict biblical stories and are difficult to deny.

In short, atheists make fundamentalists' brains hurt. And, since they don't believe in God, they most certainly must be minions of Satan.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,824,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.
It takes a lot of faith to be an atheist, so I think the obsession is about looking for re-assurance from the like-minded.

The other reason is that they are simply offended by the cross

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-16-2015 at 10:06 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 09:57 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,357,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It takes a lot of faith to be an atheist, so I think the obsession is about looking for re-assurance from the like-minded.
It takes no faith to be an Atheist, that's kind of the point.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
It takes no faith to be an Atheist, that's kind of the point.
No, denying existence of God is the point, and it takes a lot of faith to do that. I don't know how anyone can look at the universe and living creatures and believe it was all created by a coincidence.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
No, denying existence of God is the point, and it takes a lot of faith to do that. I don't know how anyone can look at the universe and living creatures and believe it was all created by a coincidence.
An Atheist does not inherently "deny" the existence of God. All it takes to be an Atheist is to simply lack a belief in God.

You can say that you don't believe "in" something without outright denying the possibility even if it means a 0.00001% chance.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
An Atheist does not inherently "deny" the existence of God. All it takes to be an Atheist is to simply lack a belief in God.

You can say that you don't believe "in" something without outright denying the possibility even if it means a 0.00001% chance.
Atheism denies existence of God. Feel free to disagree, but the my point remains.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Atheism denies existence of God. Feel free to disagree, but the my point remains.
Some individual Atheists deny the existence of God but it is not an inherent property. The distinction is important as you are making a sweeping statement that ultimately leads into your "faith" based argument.

It is not a matter of whether I disagree or not, this is a matter of fact. You are wrong.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Some individual Atheists deny the existence of God but it is not an inherent property. The distinction is important as you are making a sweeping statement that ultimately leads into your "faith" based argument.

It is not a matter of whether I disagree or not, this is a matter of fact. You are wrong.
Perhaps you are thinking about agnostics. Either way, it makes no difference to the point I was making. They are pre-occupied with it because they are trying assure themselves they are right. If did simply did not believe, they wouldn't spend their days thinking about God. They would shrug, and move on.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you are thinking about agnostics. Either way, it makes no difference to the point I was making. They are pre-occupied with it because they are trying assure themselves they are right. If did simply did not believe, they wouldn't spend their days thinking about God. They would shrug, and move on.
Agnostics assert that the existence or non-existence is unknowable. This is a different category, but one can hold both positions and in many cases Agnostics ARE Atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity