Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:02 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,935,404 times

Advertisements

- "Freedom Of Religion" (?)

Never did God tell His people to financially support, or fight and die
for right of all gods to be worshiped among them as He is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:44 AM

299 posts, read 264,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Once again, we have a member post a number of incorrect statements about Freemasonry. I'm sorry this happens. It casts a good organization in a bad light, and makes several accusations that have been known to be false for many, many years.Incidentally, Masonry is divided up into lodges. Each lodge is charted by a "Grand Lodge," which, in the United States, has jurisdiction only within a state (or the District of Columbia). There are Grand Lodges in the Provinces of Canada, in the UK, France, and many other countries. Each Grand Lodge is independent of all the others. While there are many similarities, there are also aspects that differ from one to another, and there may be aspects that are unique to the operation of only one Grand Lodge.
With due respect, mensaguy, having Freemasons and members of Eastern Star (one of the women's groups of Freemasons) in our family line, and having read dozens of articles by those who are Fresmasons from various lodges all over the US, I can attest that what I have posted is true--at least as true as the Masons themselves post it!
Laura Ingalls Wilder was a member of Eastern Star: Big Muddy online publications
Dale Evans was in the Eastern Star: Dale Evans | Minnesota Grand Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star
These are not conspiracy websites; though some are not as "off" as some would indicate. I did not get the information posted from conspiracy websites; I verified them with online Mason-sponsored information.
For there to be a Brotherhood, there must be an agreed-upon set of beliefs, rules of conduct, practices and rites, etc. Otherwise they would be loosely-affiliated, friendship clubs.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:09 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT Fellowship View Post
With due respect, mensaguy, having Freemasons and members of Eastern Star (one of the women's groups of Freemasons) in our family line, and having read dozens of articles by those who are Fresmasons from various lodges all over the US, I can attest that what I have posted is true--at least as true as the Masons themselves post it!
And your information that all presidents have belonged to either the Freemasons or Skull and Crossbones came from.....?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-20-2015 at 10:18 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And your information that all presidents have belonged to either the Freemasons or Skull and Crossbones came from.....?
Most are easy enough to find on various Masonic posts about famous Masons. The webpages do change. Their information becomes "known" and then "unknown" from time to time.
The Skull and Bones show up in newspaper articles like:
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/09/06/ny...ret-club.html; The 15 Most Powerful Members Of 'Skull And Bones' - Business Insider
Yes, they must be taken "with a grain of salt"; as is everything online. But when you see a pattern, and the pattern is accurate, and the sources are not known to be spurious about most things, they can at least be acknowledged for what is said about them.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
ALL presidents were Freemasons or Skull and Crossbones? Ummm... no. For starters.... John Kennedy (Harvard, not Yale) was not a member of either group.

Obviously fact-checking (not to mention the truth) is of little or no importance to the nutty theories/conspiracy crowd.
Wasn't he in the Knights of Columbus?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Laura Ingalls Wilder was a member of Eastern Star: Big Muddy online publications
Dale Evans was in the Eastern Star: Dale Evans | Minnesota Grand Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star
These are not conspiracy websites; though some are not as "off" as some would indicate. I did not get the information posted from conspiracy websites; I verified them with online Mason-sponsored information.
For there to be a Brotherhood, there must be an agreed-upon set of beliefs, rules of conduct, practices and rites, etc. Otherwise they would be loosely-affiliated, friendship clubs.
Due respect or not, every word I posted is absolutely the truth. Yours is not. Clearly, you know little about the Freemasons. Female members of the Eastern Star are not Masons. You said those two women were Masons. They were not. I'm telling the truth as I know it from 20 years of knowledge in two different masonic jurisdictions. Submariner and ptsum both have have longer and broader experiences than I, yet we agree on almost every detail that one of us chooses to post. I've seen many people refer to "so-called" masonic web sites, only to discover that they were not "masonic" web sites, but some site trying to pull people away from the organization, post every fault they could come up with, or reposting criticisms of the Lodge from wherever they find the information. We post the truth simply because it is the truth. You can ask anything you want about the Freemasons, and one of us will answer as truthfully as we know, within the limits of our obligations to the Lodge to keep secret things secret. Should you ask about one of those things, we should simply tell you that we are not at liberty to answer.

Ask away.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Various people can say various things to you.

If you truly have questions, ask a Mason.

You are amongst a group of us.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 AM

Research is a good thing.
And as I said, we have Masons and Eastern Stars hanging from the family trees.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Due respect or not, every word I posted is absolutely the truth. Yours is not. Clearly, you know little about the Freemasons. Female members of the Eastern Star are not Masons. You said those two women were Masons. They were not. I'm telling the truth as I know it from 20 years of knowledge in two different masonic jurisdictions. Submariner and ptsum both have have longer and broader experiences than I, yet we agree on almost every detail that one of us chooses to post. I've seen many people refer to "so-called" masonic web sites, only to discover that they were not "masonic" web sites, but some site trying to pull people away from the organization, post every fault they could come up with, or reposting criticisms of the Lodge from wherever they find the information. We post the truth simply because it is the truth. You can ask anything you want about the Freemasons, and one of us will answer as truthfully as we know, within the limits of our obligations to the Lodge to keep secret things secret. Should you ask about one of those things, we should simply tell you that we are not at liberty to answer.

Ask away.
Ooops, I cross-posted, my apology, my brother.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:41 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Quote:
Most are easy enough to find on various Masonic posts about famous Masons. The webpages do change. Their information becomes "known" and then "unknown" from time to time.
The Skull and Bones show up in newspaper articles like:
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/09/06/ny...ret-club.html; The 15 Most Powerful Members Of 'Skull And Bones' - Business Insider
Yes, they must be taken "with a grain of salt"; as is everything online. But when you see a pattern, and the pattern is accurate, and the sources are not known to be spurious about most things, they can at least be acknowledged for what is said about them.
Well, where DID you get the information that all Presidents were Freemasons?

Masonic Presidents were Washington, Monroe, Jackson, Polk, Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Garfield, McKinley, Teddy Roosevelt, Taft, Harding, Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, and Ford. Lyndon Johnson had entered the lodge, but never completed his degree work. Reagan was granted an honorary 33rd degree, Clinton was a member of DeMolay when he was young, and Lincoln had plans to apply for membership after he left office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity