Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:40 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So Torah wasn't nailed to the cross?...
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

If Jesus sent His followers as He was sent then they must fulfill all that He did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

If Jesus sent His followers as He was sent then they must fulfill all that He did.
You do realize that the Law was accomplished and it has passed away though...right?

If you want to keep the Law....great. But have you kept it perfectly?

Old 02-14-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You do realize that the Law was accomplished and it has passed away though...right?

If you want to keep the Law....great. But have you kept it perfectly?
People have been taught that the law is something other than what it actually is. Scripture says the law is the truth, the word of God. Jesus said that those who keep the words of the Lord are blessed. Keeping the word of the Lord is using it and spreading it. This is what Jesus was sent to do and what His followers are meant to do. To accept the words of Jesus is to keep them and spread them. The words of the son of God are the words of the Father. So keeping the law is keeping the words of Jesus and the word of God by using it and spreading it . Some will do so greatly, some will do so more or less than others but all must do so to enter the kingdom of heaven.

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth." (Psalms)

"Sanctify them by means of truth."
(Father) "your word is truth"(John 17)

Old 02-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
People have been taught that the law is something other than what it actually is. Scripture says the law is the truth, the word of God. Jesus said that those who keep the words of the Lord are blessed. Keeping the word of the Lord is using it and spreading it. This is what Jesus was sent to do and what His followers are meant to do. To accept the words of Jesus is to keep them and spread them. The words of the son of God are the words of the Father. So keeping the law is keeping the words of Jesus and the word of God by using it and spreading it . Some will do so greatly, some will do so more or less than others but all must do so to enter the kingdom of heaven.

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth." (Psalms)

"Sanctify them by means of truth."
(Father) "your word is truth"(John 17)
Have you obeyed Jesus perfectly? He told us to be perfect, as our Heavenly Father is.

Have you been perfect?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:07 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,250 times
Quote:

Contrary to your presentation, the verse you had underlined proves that if a believer breaks any of His commandments, they are still in the kingdom of heaven but is received as the least in that kingdom.

The only way any one can have the righteousness that exceeds that of the scribes and the Phraisees is to recognize His righteousness, and it is by believing in Him is how you enter the kingdom of heaven.

The rest is based on how we follow Him which is by what we build on His foundation. If iniquity, then we shall be punished and then received as least in the kingdom of heaven. If trusting Jesus as our Good Shepherd to help us to discern by abiding in His words in the KJV & to depart from iniquity, then the elect are the chosen to be received as great in the kingdom of heaven; BUT I point out that the great will not be glorified for their efforts, but by His workmanship in their lives as the crowns they receive are really His crowning acheivements in the elect which is why they will be casting their crowns at His feet in Heaven in giving Him the glory for all things.

May every one beware that of you run that race in keeping all His commandments as His disciples to achieve salvation, then that is an iniquity needed to be repented of because believers are in that race as they can only run that race as saved believers by faith in Jesus Christ to receive them as His greats in His kingdom.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Have you obeyed Jesus perfectly? He told us to be perfect, as our Heavenly Father is.

Have you been perfect?
Yes, in the ways of God not the ways of man.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Contrary to your presentation, the verse you had underlined proves that if a believer breaks any of His commandments, they are still in the kingdom of heaven but is received as the least in that kingdom.

The only way any one can have the righteousness that exceeds that of the scribes and the Phraisees is to recognize His righteousness, and it is by believing in Him is how you enter the kingdom of heaven.

The rest is based on how we follow Him which is by what we build on His foundation. If iniquity, then we shall be punished and then received as least in the kingdom of heaven. If trusting Jesus as our Good Shepherd to help us to discern by abiding in His words in the KJV & to depart from iniquity, then the elect are the chosen to be received as great in the kingdom of heaven; BUT I point out that the great will not be glorified for their efforts, but by His workmanship in their lives as the crowns they receive are really His crowning acheivements in the elect which is why they will be casting their crowns at His feet in Heaven in giving Him the glory for all things.

May every one beware that of you run that race in keeping all His commandments as His disciples to achieve salvation, then that is an iniquity needed to be repented of because believers are in that race as they can only run that race as saved believers by faith in Jesus Christ to receive them as His greats in His kingdom.
This response is what Paul taught not what the son of man teaches. Many believe they cannot achieve the righteousness of God because they see it as something it is not. God has made it possible to achieve it. Jesus said that if you believe you will see the glory of God. He said to believe is to do the works He did. He explained that the works are the words He used. So to spread the good news and the word of God as Jesus showed us is how one can see the glory of God and His righteousness.
I do so and I can see His glory. The way people think of the Glory of God is not what it is after all Jesus did say He gives the glory given to Him to His followers. If one has that glory then they can see it.

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and holy in all His works."

Old 02-14-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, in the ways of God not the ways of man.
Could you differentiate, please? Have you kept the Commandments? Have you obeyed the Law perfectly?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:41 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,250 times
Quote:
This response is what Paul taught not what the son of man teaches.
That is not true. Here's why by referring to your scriptural reference again.

How can someone break one of the least of His commandments and still be in the kingdom of heaven?

Until you answer that, Paul was saying the same thing Jesus was.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Could you differentiate, please? Have you kept the Commandments? Have you obeyed the Law perfectly?
1) To tell the difference one must walk in Gods word as Jesus and the prophets did.

2) Yes

3) I keep the law and the prophets in perfection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity