Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:15 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
That is not true. Here's why by referring to your scriptural reference again.

How can someone break one of the least of His commandments and still be in the kingdom of heaven?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

Until you answer that, Paul was saying the same thing Jesus was.
The key in that verse is the word CALLED. Called as in called to enter or shown the way to enter. It is not that they are already in the kingdom but that they are shown the way to see it and enter it.

Jesus said you must be righteous but Paul says you are imputed that righteousness, not so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 02:22 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
1) To tell the difference one must walk in Gods word as Jesus and the prophets did.

2) Yes

3) I keep the law and the prophets in perfection.
Really? You have never told a lie? You have NEVER stolen anything? You have NEVER used God's name in vain? Dishonored your parents? Hated someone unjustly? Etc...etc?

John wrote that if you say you have no sin you deceive yourself.

1 John 1:8 "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Old 02-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Really? You have never told a lie? You have NEVER stolen anything? You have NEVER used God's name in vain? Dishonored your parents? Hated someone unjustly? Etc...etc?

1 John 1:8 "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
John was wrong if he believed a man could not be perfect. Jesus said it was so.

I do nothing on my own, I only do what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Follow me and be perfect. You cannot see it now but if you continue in my word you will have understanding and see the perfection of the One.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:14 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,862 times
Quote:
John was wrong if he believed a man could not be perfect. Jesus said it was so.

I do nothing on my own, I only do what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Follow me and be perfect. You cannot see it now but if you continue in my word you will have understanding and see the perfection of the One.
Reminiscent of David Karresh.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:55 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,881 times
Quote:
The key in that verse is the word CALLED. Called as in called to enter or shown the way to enter. It is not that they are already in the kingdom but that they are shown the way to see it and enter it.
That is not the message shown in your reference nor in the underlined portion of your reference.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

Called was not used to call someone to enter, because they were all in the kingdom of heaven already thus applying to all believers in Jesus Christ;

But called was used for labling the believers by their actions of why some are great and others are called least in the kingdom of heaven.

So how can those that break one of the least of His commandments and teach others so are called "least" IN the kingdom of heaven?

That is your reference BTW. This is why your belief is not lining up with what He is actually saying.

Quote:
Jesus said you must be righteous but Paul says you are imputed that righteousness, not so.
Jesus was saying what is impossible for man to achieve when looking to themselves and thus seeing the need for God their Saviour to deliver them by His righteousness as He is the One fulfilling that requirement at that time and has fulfilled it so that any one believing in Him shall be saved.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

That means all men are sinners and cannot keep the law.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? .........

Therefore no man is going to be known as keeping the law in Heaven except the Son of Man. That is why Jesus was sent; so that by believing in Him, sinners can be saved by His righteousness; saved by God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

See that last verse? The will of the flesh and the will of man is applied towards the keeping of the law. Since it is not of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, then it is not on man to keep the law, but to believe that He did is how they are saved and saved believers need to know that He will help them to follow Him to abide in His words under the New Covenant as His disciple by His grace & by His help when they trust Him at His word as being their Good Shepherd.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
That is not the message shown in your reference nor in the underlined portion of your reference.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

Called was not used to call someone to enter, because they were all in the kingdom of heaven already thus applying to all believers in Jesus Christ;

But called was used for labling the believers by their actions of why some are great and others are called least in the kingdom of heaven.

So how can those that break one of the least of His commandments and teach others so are called "least" IN the kingdom of heaven?

That is your reference BTW. This is why your belief is not lining up with what He is actually saying.

Jesus was saying what is impossible for man to achieve when looking to themselves and thus seeing the need for God their Saviour to deliver them by His righteousness as He is the One fulfilling that requirement at that time and has fulfilled it so that any one believing in Him shall be saved.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? .........

Therefore no man is going to be known as keeping the law in Heaven except the Son of Man. That is why Jesus was sent; so that by believing in Him, sinners can be saved by His righteousness; saved by God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

See that last verse? The will of the flesh and the will of man is applied towards the keeping of the law. Since it is not of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, then it is not on man to keep the law, but to believe that He did is how they are saved and saved believers need to know that He will help them to follow Him to abide in His words under the New Covenant as His disciple by His grace & by His help when they trust Him at His word as being their Good Shepherd.
Mat 5:17 `Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets--I did not come to throw down, but to fulfil;
Mat 5:18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.
Mat 5:19 `Whoever therefore may loose one of these commands--the least--and may teach men so, least he shall be called in the reign of the heavens, but whoever may do and may teach them , he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.
Mat 5:20 `For I say to you, that if your righteousness may not abound above that of the scribes and Pharisees, ye may not enter to the reign of the heavens.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

How do you use G-d's Name in vain?...

Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Mat 5:17 `Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets--I did not come to throw down, but to fulfil;
Mat 5:18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.
Mat 5:19 `Whoever therefore may loose one of these commands--the least--and may teach men so, least he shall be called in the reign of the heavens, but whoever may do and may teach them , he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.
Mat 5:20 `For I say to you, that if your righteousness may not abound above that of the scribes and Pharisees, ye may not enter to the reign of the heavens.
Jesus was talking about what He was going to do in verse 17. He did not say you will do it.

Jesus was saying that He will fulfill the requirment of the law for us which is His death for sin.

This is why verse 19-20 is Him talking about believers in the reign of heavens of how even those who loose one of these commands and teach others so are called "the least" in the reign of heavens.

But it should be noted that those who break any of His commandments are at risk of being left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event to become vessels unto dishonour in His House for not looking to Him as their Good Shepherd for help in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom had come.

Still, while the door to the Marriage Supper is open, may every one having His seal run that race as saved believers because they are; otherwise, that in itself, is denying Him as their Saviour that they are saved, even though they are still His when they get left behind because of His promise for all those that believe in Him, even in His name to be saved.

Believers will be judged by what they build on that foundation, but those left behind still have that foundation and thus hence His seal.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Jesus was talking about what He was going to do in verse 17. He did not say you will do it.

Jesus was saying that He will fulfill the requirment of the law for us which is His death for sin.

Rom 4:25 who was delivered up because of our offences, and was raised up because of our being declared righteous.

Notice it does not say FOR our sins...It says BECAUSE of our offences...What offences were these?...

Yeshua was talking about the Law of HaShem still being in place and that it would never cease until the heavens and the earth ceased...They are still here...So, it cannot mean what you think it means...He was sent to fulfil the Law to show the way that it is possible to obey the Law, this is the mind that was in Yeshua, that should also be in you...

Quote:
This is why verse 19-20 is Him talking about believers in the reign of heavens of how even those who loose one of these commands and teach others so are called "the least" in the reign of heavens.
Now here is something that you are applying to yourself that was specifically targeted at the Jews, for he was only sent to the Jews...He states that himself...

And notice all the other things he says about what he states he can only state what the Father tells him, so, if the Father is telling him to preach Torah, then that is what he preaches...

In Jewish idiomatic speech, throwing down the Law meant to put a wrong interpretation on it and fulfilling the Law meant to explain it correctly...

Old 02-15-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:

No one can be in the kingdom of heaven if they are not born of water and spirit. Those that teach others to neglect the law and the prophet's even slightly are not born from above so they cannot be in the kingdom of heaven. It is not possible for someone who is born from above to teach others to neglect the law and the prophet's.
The word called is as I stated, it is a calling by God into the kingdom of heaven. Those that teach it will enter those that don't will not.

" Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it".

I know Him and I keep His word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity