Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:32 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,315,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Dear Reader

I write, meaning this letter to ask you a favor, that there may be those are not really interest in knowing the Lord.
When I put or try to give my view about what is truly what the Lord say to me, I get the feeling, that a Bother or may be a Sister, try to cut me down with there wisdom, when I know that the Lord speak as one with the Lord, when two 0r three are together, the Holy Spirit is in the my present, and it maybe not know, by no fault, it grief Him, as well as me.
So for those who are not really interest, some just like trivial question, please make your own posts, because I myself, I asks to stay within subject what the Spirit of my heart is try tell me to give you.
Please with all respect do on to others, as you wish others want, to do on to you

Matthew 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Matthew 21:31-32 Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to Him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

Luke 15:7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Matthew 21: 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.

Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. Jesus answered
John 9:39 And Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind."

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: sayth the Lord, it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'

A story
Luke 18:10-14 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Thank you sincerely TheWordIsOne please be fair
I am replying in this thread to your post [which I was pleased that it started just yesterday] and also to your PM from today.

My belief is that our Lord is not pleased that we proclaim to believe in Christ, but are divided into hundreds and possibly into thousands of divided denominations. The early church was in one place and in one accord. I believe that, as we draw nearer to the time for our Lord to return to the earth for His 2nd coming that we should all take heed to the words of the Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 1:[10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I believe that our Savior gave the greatest advice for us to discern true Biblical doctrine [ see John 7:[17] If any man will do his will, HE SHALL KNOW OF THE DOCTRINE, WHETHER IT BE OF GOD, or whether I speak of myself.[/b]

I repeat, if we are doing the will of God, HE SHALL KNOW OF THE DOCTRINE IF IT IS OF GOD.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 02-18-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Dear Reader

I write, meaning this letter to ask you a favor, that there may be those are not really interest in knowing the Lord.
When I put or try to give my view about what is truly what the Lord say to me, I get the feeling, that a Bother or may be a Sister, try to cut me down with there wisdom, when I know that the Lord speak as one with the Lord, when two 0r three are together, the Holy Spirit is in the my present, and it maybe not know, by no fault, it grief Him, as well as me.
So for those who are not really interest, some just like trivial question, please make your own posts, because I myself, I asks to stay within subject what the Spirit of my heart is try tell me to give you.
Please with all respect do on to others, as you wish others want, to do on to you

Matthew 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Matthew 21:31-32 Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to Him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

Luke 15:7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Matthew 21: 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.

Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. Jesus answered
John 9:39 And Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind."

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: sayth the Lord, it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'

A story
Luke 18:10-14 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Thank you sincerely TheWordIsOne please be fair
I am replying to this thread to your post [which I was pleased that it started just yesterday] and also to your PM from today

My belief is that our Lord is not pleased that we proclaim to believe in Christ, but ae divided into hundreds and possibly into thousands of divided denominations. The early church was in one place and with the same mind. I believe that, as we draw nearer to the time for our Lord to return to the earth for His 2nd coming that we should all take heed to the words of the Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 1:[10] [b]Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

[17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

I repeat, if we are doing the will of God, HE SHALL KNOW OF THE DOCTRINE IF IT IS OF GOD.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:15 AM

I apologize for the duplication above. Somehow I thought the first one did not go through.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:02 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

The Father loves me for this that I lay my life down to take it up again. I have the power to lay it down and the power to take it up again. I lay it down freely, no one takes it from me.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:48 AM

I believe that if we truly love Jesus, we will desire to keep the commandments that He and the Father have given us, and then endure until death, after which we shall enter into eternal life.
See John 14:[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Also Matt. 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
And Heb.10:[36] For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:08 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,996,970 times
This thread reminds me of something the Rev. Billy Graham has said on more than one occasion in regards to people who say they don't go to church because there are too many hypocrites there. "When you find the perfect church, join it, and it will no longer be perfect." Just a reminder none of us are perfect, and we have to strive to tolerate the imperfections of others the best we can, within reason of course. Some things can't be ignored.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:32 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,403 times
Post Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
This thread reminds me of something the Rev. Billy Graham has said on more than one occasion in regards to people who say they don't go to church because there are too many hypocrites there. "When you find the perfect church, join it, and it will no longer be perfect." Just a reminder none of us are perfect, and we have to strive to tolerate the imperfections of others the best we can, within reason of course. Some things can't be ignored.
But it's not the people, but one Who leads it's people, the leader can bring hypocrisy views to it's people, and bring division, in all Churches

The spirit of that person, the leader, is upon it's peoples

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
And no wonder! For Satan him-self transforms himself into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 AM

335 posts, read 220,511 times
How are they hypocrites exactly?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:03 PM

335 posts, read 220,511 times
You mean like all the people that teach you can be a Christian and still sin?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,403 times
Post Division between people

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
How are they hypocrites exactly?

Romans 2:1-3 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Romans 14:10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity