Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 AM

709 posts, read 378,118 times

Advertisements

27. Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery:. 28 but I say unto you, that
every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in
his heart. (Matt 5:27-28)

18. Every one that putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and he that
marrieth one that is put away from a husband committeth adultery. (Luke 16:18)

32. but I say unto you, that every one that putteth away his wife, except on count of sexula immorality,
maketh her do adulteress: an
d whosoever shall marry her when she is put away committeth adultery. (Matt 5:32)

Last edited by Mikko Ainasoja; 02-18-2015 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Do you have a point? A question?

Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
27. Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery:. 28 but I say unto you, that
every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in
his heart. (Matt 5:27-28)

18. Every one that putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and he that
marrieth one that is put away from a husband committeth adultery. (Luke 16:18)

32. but I say unto you, that every one that putteth away his wife, except on count of sexula immorality, maketh her do adulteress: an
d whosoever shall marry her when she is put away committeth adultery. (Matt 5:32)

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Does this apply to women who divorce their husband for the same? Or are men only allowed to divorce a cheating spouse as they go about cheating?

WHo has the stones? Let's go pick another of the 613 Old Testaments laws...

Here are a few==

The priests must receive their share of all dead animals that are slaughtered. (Deuteronomy 18:3)
The priests must receive the first fleece from the shearing of sheep. (Deuteronomy 18:4)
Anything devoted to Yahweh becomes Most Holy to Yahweh and becomes the property of the sanctuary of Yahweh and the priests. (Leviticus 27:28)
To be fit for consumption, clean animals must be slaughtered. (Do not eat what dies of itself or is killed by wild beasts.) (Deuteronomy 12:21)
The blood of slaughtered clean animals must be poured on the ground and covered with earth. (Leviticus 17:10-16)
Set the mother bird free when taking the nest or the young. (Deuteronomy 22:6-7)
Examine the meat of animals to make sure it is permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:2-8)
Examine fowl to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Deuteronomy 14:11-19)
Examine locusts to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:20-23)
Examine fish to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:9-12)

Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Does this apply to women who divorce their husband for the same? Or are men only allowed to divorce a cheating spouse as they go about cheating?

Here are a few==

The priests must receive their share of all dead animals that are slaughtered. (Deuteronomy 18:3)
The priests must receive the first fleece from the shearing of sheep. (Deuteronomy 18:4)
Anything devoted to Yahweh becomes Most Holy to Yahweh and becomes the property of the sanctuary of Yahweh and the priests. (Leviticus 27:28)
To be fit for consumption, clean animals must be slaughtered. (Do not eat what dies of itself or is killed by wild beasts.) (Deuteronomy 12:21)
The blood of slaughtered clean animals must be poured on the ground and covered with earth. (Leviticus 17:10-16)
Set the mother bird free when taking the nest or the young. (Deuteronomy 22:6-7)
Examine the meat of animals to make sure it is permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:2-8)
Examine fowl to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Deuteronomy 14:11-19)
Examine locusts to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:20-23)
Examine fish to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:9-12)
The command is same for the man's and the women's

10. But unto the married I give charge, yea not I, but the Lord, That the wife
depart not from her husband 11. (but should she depart, let her remain unmarried, or else be reconciled
to her husband); and that the husband leave not his wife. (1 Corinthians 7:11)

For the married one's it is not allowable to depart from the other.

Last edited by Mikko Ainasoja; 02-18-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
The command is same for the man's and the women's

10. But unto the married I give charge, yea not I, but the Lord, That the wife
depart not from her husband 11. (but should she depart, let her remain unmarried, or else be reconciled
to her husband); and that the husband leave not his wife. (1 Corinthians 7:11)
Oh nuts you just showed no real sexism in the matter. That will frustrate those looking for a reason to throw stones.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 AM

Default Corrupted part of the Scriptures (Matt 19:9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Here are a few==

This our dear brother Matthew's written part of the Gospel (Matthew 19:9) I a corrupted part of the Scriptures, and the originally message has been different I believe.

When you compare those two part (Matt 19:9 and Matt 5:32) of our dear brothers writing you see that they more likely have been a same kind of message in the beginning when he writes those.

32. I however say to you that everyone the divorcing the wife of him except on accout of sexual immorality cause her to commit adultery and whoever if her having been divorced shall marry commit adultery (Matt 5:32)

Matthew 5:32 Interlinear: but I -- I say to you, that whoever may put away his wife, save for the matter of whoredom, doth make her to commit adultery; and whoever may marry her who hath been put away doth commit adultery.

9. I say moreover to you that whoever anyhow shall divorce which wife of him except for sexual immorality and shall marry another commit adultery and he who her having been divorced marries commits adultery (Matt 19:9)

Matthew 19:9 Interlinear: 'And I say to you, that, whoever may put away his wife, if not for whoredom, and may marry another, doth commit adultery; and he who did marry her that hath been put away, doth commit adultery.'

This quotes are from one of the Greek early scriptures, and everyone can use those link's to see it for them self what I mean.

So the originally message is not give an any permission for a new marriage even if the other spouse have some sexual immorality in one's count.

The real message of this both (Matt 5:32) and (Matt 19:9) is same:

I say moreover that whoever anyhow shall divorce the wife (or husband) except for a count of sexual immorality cause her (or his) to commit a adultery, and whoever married that who having been divorced commit adultery.

There is no even permission to divorce, let alone to start a new marriage.

What God has united the man not be divide.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:32 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
This our dear brother Matthew's written part of the Gospel (Matthew 19:9) I a corrupted part of the Scriptures, and the originally message has been different I believe.

When you compare those two part (Matt 19:9 and Matt 5:32) of our dear brothers writing you see that they more likely have been a same kind of message in the beginning when he writes those.

32. I however say to you that everyone the divorcing the wife of him except on accout of sexual immorality cause her to commit adultery and whoever if her having been divorced shall marry commit adultery (Matt 5:32)

Matthew 5:32 Interlinear: but I -- I say to you, that whoever may put away his wife, save for the matter of whoredom, doth make her to commit adultery; and whoever may marry her who hath been put away doth commit adultery.

9. I say moreover to you that whoever anyhow shall divorce which wife of him except for sexual immorality and shall marry another commit adultery and he who her having been divorced marries commits adultery (Matt 19:9)

Matthew 19:9 Interlinear: 'And I say to you, that, whoever may put away his wife, if not for whoredom, and may marry another, doth commit adultery; and he who did marry her that hath been put away, doth commit adultery.'

This quotes are from one of the Greek early scriptures, and everyone can use those link's to see it for them self what I mean.

So the originally message is not give an any permission for a new marriage even if the other spouse have some sexual immorality in one's count.

I say moreover that whoever anyhow shall divorce the wife (or husband) except for a count of sexual immorality cause her (or his) to commit a adultery, and whoever married that who having been divorced commit adultery.

The use of the word adultery, a grounds for divorce and remarriage already was known. Jesus was simply showing the previous way of divorcing for any reason was wrong. It had nothing to do with remarriage except on the part of the divorced mate, who would then be in adultery again, as only the innocent may divorce on those grounds. The fact her remarriage was mentioned shows remarriage was possible and it applies to both man and woman. trying to make it apply to even an innocent person remarrying ignores the context in which Jesus was speaking and he did not say the innocent mate would be committing adultery by remarriage, which was not a part of his points.

1. ONLY can a person get a divorce if the mate commits adultery.
2. If no adultery divorcing a mate exposes them to adultery since in God's eyes they are still married.

Both are still married or the one mate could not be in adultery after a divorce.
If divorced for adultery both are free to remarry. That is what the "except" was covering.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The use of the word adultery, a grounds for divorce and remarriage already was known. Jesus was simply showing the previous way of divorcing for any reason was wrong. It had nothing to do with remarriage except on the part of the divorced mate, who would then be in adultery again, as only the innocent may divorce on those grounds. The fact her remarriage was mentioned shows remarriage was possible and it applies to both man and woman. trying to make it apply to even an innocent person remarrying ignores the context in which Jesus was speaking and he did not say the innocent mate would be committing adultery by remarriage, which was not a part of his points.

1. ONLY can a person get a divorce if the mate commits adultery.
2. If no adultery divorcing a mate exposes them to adultery since in God's eyes they are still married.

Both are still married or the one mate could not be in adultery after a divorce.
If divorced for adultery both are free to remarry. That is what the "except" was covering.
So here is this full writing about this marriage law, like it is in the Bible.

3. And there came unto him Pharisees, trying him, and saying, Is it lawful for a man to put away
his wife for every cause? 4. And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, 5. and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh? 6. So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 7. They say unto him, Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorcement, and to put her away? 8. He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so. 9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery. 10. The disciples say unto him, If the case of the man is so with his wife, it is not expedient to marry. (Matt 19:3-10)

And next If we change this part (Matt 19:9) to the message of (Matt 5:32) which I believe what was the originally message, and the whole writing seams to bee more complete, even the disciples word in the end of this writings. (The strong letters I have add in this text, from the Matt 5:32 (Greek) and nearly literally, only word (on) I have changes to word (a), and this next words (and shall marry another,) I have taken away from the text otherwise the text is like it is in the Bible.

3. And there came unto him Pharisees, trying him, and saying, Is it lawful for a man to put away
his wife for every cause? 4. And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, 5. and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh? 6. So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 7. They say unto him, Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorcement, and to put her away? 8. He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so. 9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for a account of fornication, causes her to committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery. 10. The disciples say unto him, If the case of the man is so with his wife, it is not expedient to marry. (Matt 19:3-10)

Can you see what I mean now?

It seems that the original message has been different that it is today in the Bible.

I believe that this is the original message of this writing.

Last edited by Mikko Ainasoja; 02-19-2015 at 02:23 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,923 times
The bible also says it's okay to own slaves, it's a sin to eat more food than can fit into the palm of your hand at one time, and that if a man has sex with an animal then both of them should be murdered on the spot.

Bunch of baloney.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:35 AM

Default Corrected Matt 5:32

Quote:

32. I however say to you that everyone the divorcing the wife of him except on account of sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery and whoever if her having been divorced shall marry commit adultery (Matt 5:32)

There was two write errors in this next part of this post, and I have corrected now, but in the end of post there is also a link from the original Greek text.

[i]32. I however say to you that everyone the divorcing the wife of him except on account of sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery and whoever if her having been divorced shall marry commit adultery (Matt 5:32)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity