Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 03:15 AM

709 posts, read 379,759 times

Advertisements

21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. (Matt 19:21)

So is your treasure in heaven, or in here earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 03:25 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
We all have it within us but rather than believe we were born into this world provided for, we would rather believe we are born into it bankrupt in sin and iniquity.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:11 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,798,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. (Matt 19:21)

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Scripture says;

"The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament proclaim the works of His hand."

"The heavens proclaim the Lord's righteousness and all the people see His glory."

"The Lord fills Zion with justice and right and the riches that save her are wisdom and knowledge, her treasure is the fear of the Lord."

Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,500,602 times
Quote:

Those who do good works in secret have treasure in heaven. Those who do such publicly do not get any treasure in heaven.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,306,265 times
Quote:
Do you make all these posts from the free computer at the library or is selling your computer and giving the money to the poor something you've put on the "maybe later" list?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,308,897 times
A life well-lived is its own reward.

Whether or not a heaven awaits.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:37 AM

709 posts, read 379,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you make all these posts from the free computer at the library or is selling your computer and giving the money to the poor something you've put on the "maybe later" list?
It is important that we give the extra part, not the things what we may need, or we may have to buy it again.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,798,505 times
Matthew 6:21 NRS

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

John 7:38 NRS

and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water."

Jeremiah 17:13 NRS

O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:49 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,029,636 times
Quote:
That rich young man to whom Jesus was speaking was letting his riches stop him from following Jesus.
His riches were a stumbling block for that particular person. It is the ' love ' of money that is wrong. Not money of itself.

At Matthew 5:5 Jesus was talking about a future inheritance.
Jesus was referring to Psalm 37 vs 11,29 which mentions Not only the meek inheriting the earth, but then will be living on earth forever. That is why Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

So, although everyone's treasure can be in heaven ( spiritual treasure ), the majority of mankind - John 3:13 - will live or gain everlasting life on earth ( healthy life on earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall ) all of this starting with Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom rulership over earth - Psalm 72:8; Revelation 22:2

Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,838,153 times
Rev 3;
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Example to one of the Churches
The 7 Spirits of God being the Light of the 7 candle sticks. Man is the body or 7 candle sticks. We buy the oil from? So that the light(fire) of the candle will not diminish or die.

The oil is a treasure.
And its incense reaches God.
The prayers of the saints.

Last edited by pinacled; 03-22-2015 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity