Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM

23,181 posts, read 10,474,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Mirror, mirror on the wall

Seriously, throwing scripture around is boring. Even the devil can quote the Lord.

Regurgitating the words of other evangelicals is not as impressive as you have been lead to believe.

Now discussing what and how (the KJV is NOT the only authorized version) versions are watered is a much better discussion. As long as you realize DISAGREEMENT is not only good, it is actually ENCOURAGED.

Using the bible to prove the bible is what the kindergartner does when they start thew my dad is...fight on the playground.

Let's see if there are evangelicals here willing to discuss and not hide behind chapter and verse while whining about those who dare to question archaic theology.

Can you actually step outside your box, and look at scripture for what it means and not what you have been told or want it to mean?

Or do you just jump out on C-D, call names and cast FEAR and DOUBT then take you KJV and run back to the safety of the borg?

Resistance is futile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 AM

23,181 posts, read 10,474,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have some home-grown tobacco that will soon be ready to harvest and dry. I am anxious to watch its smoke rise.
Wha's the 20 on that tobacco?

I need a supplier.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,242,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Resistance is futile.
One day soon they will come to realize this obvious truth you have stated--and what a glorious day the will be!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:45 PM

5,363 posts, read 5,145,684 times
It's like a philosophical exercise to stretch the brain. That's why I post here. And the sociological results from religion are very interesting.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:12 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
I agree with you that trying to 'convert' people to your belief system through arguing is pretty much a waste of time and more about stroking the ego than anything else - where you're dropping the ball though is claiming that only "atheists" do this - what about the Christians who leave Chick Tracts in bathroom stalls, or wake you up on Sunday mornings knocking at your door trying to get you to go to church with them?
I wholeheartedly agree with you and Daunting Dan !Excellent posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity