Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 04:22 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,644,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It's funny because you argue against almost all the Christians on this website and most of your friends and people who you defend are not. Matthew 7:21, Luke 6:44

How can you be a part of a community that you clearly disagree with most in it?
Your definition of Christianity is narrow. Very,narrow. Teeny, tiny, narrow. It works for you. Mazel.

There is no disagreement among Christians that the LGBT community should have their civil rights. NONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 04:36 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,766,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Since you cannot hide your disgust and anger toward Christians, the above definition fits you and the other anti-Christians here 100%.

Your anger blinds you and you cannot see I am not posting to oppose gays, I am posting to defend my Christian brothers and sisters who are under attack by people like you, and those who threaten to murder them. In this case the attackers happen to be gays, and their supporters (like you), but they could be anyone.
Except to my knowledge no Christian HAS been killed by anyone in the LGBT community. On the other hand your buddies in the pulpit are actually CALLING for LGBT members to be executed or imprisoned. And THEY are your certainly your brothers.

Quote:
Pastor Steven Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona is a bible-quoting hellfire and damnation sort of guy. He calls for the execution of gays in numerous sermons that you can listen to here. “The same God who instituted the death penalty for murders is the same god who instituted the death penalty for rapists and for homosexuals, sodomites and queers”
Friday, August 21, 2009
http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.co...the-president/

From the Rev. Michael Crook's own blog:
Quote:
I really, truly wish that atheism and homosexuality could both be criminalized with the death penalty as the end result.
Christian Pastor Calls For Atheists And Gays To Be Put To Death | Americans Against the Tea Party

Quote:
The pastor, Robby Gallaty, told the church-goers that discrimination against gays should never stop, and that death is the only way to punish those who are “infected” with sin:
“God said that the sins of the people had infected the very land in which they live. So what happens to people who engage in this activity, this sexual immoral activity? Go to Leviticus 20, God gives us the punishment for engaging in these sins… ‘If a man sleeps with a man as with a woman, they have both committed a detestable thing. They must be put to death. And their blood is on their own hands."
Addicting Info – “Christian” Pastor At Mega-Chruch Calls On Gays To Be “Put To Death”

Quote:
On Sunday, Pastor Curtis Knapp of Kansas preached that the government should kill homosexuals, in another videotaped sermon that drew lots of online attention.
"They won't, but they should," Knapp said, according to a recording of his sermon posted online.
---------
We punish pedophilia. We punish incest. We punish polygamy and various things. It's only homosexuality that is lifted out as an exemption," he said.
Church videos with harsh words for gays go viral online – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
The blogosphere is abuzz over a disturbing new YouTube video of a little boy in Indiana, who seriously can’t be over the age of five, singing an anti-gay song to roars of applause by his congregation.

A sampling of the hate-filled lyrics: “The Bible is right, somebody’s wrong. Romans 1 and 27, ain’t no homo gonna make it to heaven.”

The congregation jumped to their feet for a standing ovation and you can hear a proud man shout in the background, “That’s my boy!”
The Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greenwood, Indiana Indiana boy sings anti-gay song at church | MSNBC

And how about "christians" taking their hate teachings overseas. Until our government spoke out fervently against the proposed legislation, Uganda was going to provide the death penalty for homosexuality, now it remains a relatively mild fourteen year imprisonment sentence.
Quote:
Apart from the legislation to punish homosexuals, Ugandan human rights have been a concern for Amnesty International, who highlighted issues such as threats to freedom of expression and association, and the use of torture by law enforcement, among their major concerns in their 2009 report.[51] American evangelists active in Africa are being criticised for being responsible for inspiring the legislation by inciting hatred with excessive speech by comparing homosexuality to paedophilia and influencing public policy with donations from American religious organisations. Among the critics are The Times,[52] Jeffrey Gettleman in The New York Times,[18] Time,[53] PublicEye.org, The Guardian,[19] a pan-African internet news journal for social justice named Pambazuka News,[54] and an international organisation with a similar objective named Inter Press Service.[55][note 1]

American evangelicals such as Scott Lively and California pastor Rick Warren have a history of involvement in Uganda where they focus their missionary work. As a result, Warren and others have become influential in the shaping of public policy in Uganda, Nigeria and, to a lesser extent, Kenya
Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So spend some time telling us how you are "defending" your brothers and sisters who make these outrageous comments and frankly deserve to be condemned by all freedom loving people everywhere.

Have you got some information including videos of where "****" in a meeting call for the execution of Christian pastors and lay leaders?

I didn't think so, you poor persecuted "christian."

Old 04-12-2015, 04:36 PM

950 posts, read 931,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Your definition of Christianity is narrow. Very,narrow. Teeny, tiny, narrow. It works for you. Mazel.

There is no disagreement among Christians that the LGBT community should have their civil rights. NONE.

Since when did the Catholic Church start marrying gays ?

HINT........No , it wasn't right after a group of brainless gays entered a Catholic church and interrupted Sunday mass to try to get the church to accept/condone their sinful behavior.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,766,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post

HINT........No , it wasn't right after a group of brainless gays entered a Catholic church and interrupted Sunday mass to try to get the church to accept/condone their sinful behavior.
You need to attend one of those churches listed in the post above yours.

The teach your kind of mentality. You could cry "Praise God!" constantly through their messages.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:57 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Except to my knowledge no Christian HAS been killed by anyone in the LGBT community. On the other hand your buddies in the pulpit are actually CALLING for LGBT members to be executed or imprisoned. And THEY are your certainly your brothers.
LGBT community is threatning to kill the Christian person for his faith, and you spare no argument to support them. I am the judge of who is, and isn't my brother, not you. Not everyone who calls themselves Christian are Christians in eyes of God. They will stand behind the door, and Christ will thell them "away from me, I never knew you".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-12-2015 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 05:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,349,480 times
Quote:
I have judged no one unrighteously, but your judgment / slander against God loving Christians is unrighteous.

Everyone judges, but the trick is to judge righteously. Learn it!
LOL!

Old 04-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:

The LGBT community is going to be able to get married. They do not need to be married in the church. They will marry, and continuing their fellowship with God in any church they wish.

Hint. The LGBT members of your congregation will be back to educate their brainless brethren taking up space in the seats. Your arse is moving over.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:15 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,370,818 times
Quote:
They are threatning to kill the Christian person for his faith, and you spare no argument to support them. I am the judge of who is, and isn't my brother, not you. Not everyone who calls themselves Christian are Christians in eyes of God. They will stand behind the door, and Christ will thell them "away from me, I never knew you".
But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

Old 04-12-2015, 05:17 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,047,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Why thank you.

Matthew 7:13-14
Quote:
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
..........."Move over. The LGBT community is taking its place at the table ".....

Amazing how many different gay posters use that exact phrase.

What page of Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen's manuscript did you all get that ?
I am honored to stand. I have been called all sorts of things including n-lover. I stood proudly then, too.

This is my scripture. I will repeat it every time someone here decides their rights supersede the rights of other members of the community.

The LGBT community is taking a seat at the table. They are not asking your permission. Move over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity