Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 01:23 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,543,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
The key phrase here is that people are FOLLOWNG THE BIBLE rather than following Jesus. We are not called to follow a book. A book cannot call us.
Only if you believe the bible is the inspired word of God, maybe you don't.

Love the sinner, reject the sin. How is not supporting what one thinks is a sin not loving the person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,520,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Only if you believe the bible is the inspired word of God, maybe you don't.

Love the sinner, reject the sin. How is not supporting what one thinks is a sin not loving the person?
What so many can't wrap their heads around is they are rejecting the person because of who they are, not what they do. That's not love, it's BS and something that some people repeat over and over without even thinking about it because it sounds like great PR.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:38 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,247,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What so many can't wrap their heads around is they are rejecting the person because of who they are, not what they do. That's not love, it's BS and something that some people repeat over and over without even thinking about it because it sounds like great PR.
And the fundies are surprised by the blowback!

Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,543,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
But Christians are taught to love the sinner but reject the sin. If we don't do that we are not following the bible but the bible is still saying what is true. It's what Jesus did. He did not accept the corrupt tax collectors who cheated people but He still loved them. It's more than PR it's how we are to act to get to heaven.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,520,386 times
Quote:
But Christians are taught to love the sinner but reject the sin. If we don't do that we are not following the bible but the bible is still saying what is true. It's what Jesus did. He did not accept the corrupt tax collectors who cheated people but He still loved them. It's more than PR it's how we are to act to get to heaven.
So, let's say you have someone who is homosexual and has not acted on it, but it's WHO THEY ARE. There is no way for you or anyone to throw that insipid phrase about loving the sinner but hating the sin on them because they have not committed a sin...UNLESS you believe they are sinful for simply being who they are. That's why it doesn't work, and smarter people know it's just an attempt to hide bigotry.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
In that case those teaching you do not know what they are talking about.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Of course. Because if you were not helping that sister the drama would end. They would act like adults and move forward.
The church acts like I described, and the drama ended and she found the love and support she needed in her church family.

So, can you show me where I discriminated against someone?

Quote:
I am part of a community consisting of men, women, and children. I accept how they choose to identify themselves. No member of a community should threaten or harm another.
Your community is in process of threatening to murder a pizzeria owner simply because she desires to do what she believes is right in the eyes of her God. That is intolerance and discrimination of the highest order.

Quote:
You go on with your bad self, and soothe that sista's worry. Uh, huh. Take care of that delicate flower with all of your overly solicitous concern. ahahaha How did I miss it. You old smoothie, trying to get to first base. ahahahahha awesome Finn. No need to deny.
Mock, ridicule and insult seem to be your native tongue when it comes to talking about Christians.

Your two faced attitude is there for all to see , so there isn't much more to say.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:21 AM

88,696 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
The key phrase here is that people are FOLLOWNG THE BIBLE rather than following Jesus. We are not called to follow a book. A book cannot call us.
Sing it, Heart_Song.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:25 AM

88,696 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Christians are not taught that. That's a quote from Ghandi that became a pop slogan in the 80s or 90s in the anti-gay-people world.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:19 AM

939 posts, read 797,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I see that not reading carefully with thought and reason seems to present an impediment to your understanding of what I post. I did not say Christians forced me to mock the dictatorial posture of religions.I AM a Christian. It is the very existence of that dictatorial posture that is sufficient provocation.
Thanks for this clarification of my point. It is clear you do not have any impediments to your reading comprehension.
Your intellectualism is too great for me to combat. It also is of no value. Have a blessed day- I will say no more to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity