Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 01:23 AM

709 posts, read 380,133 times

Advertisements

9. Who is wise, that he may understand these things? prudent, that he may know them? for the ways of Yahweh are right, and the just shall walk in them; but transgressors shall fall therein. (Hosea 14:9)

So they way's of God is right, but when we look today's christianity we see that all kind of falsity is part of that, because the world's christianity love's world more than God, so the message of the Bible is change by result of the man's own desires to do things.

Do not deceive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 03:58 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,459,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
9. Who is wise, that he may understand these things? prudent, that he may know them? for the ways of Yahweh are right, and the just shall walk in them; but transgressors shall fall therein. (Hosea 14:9)

So they way's of God is right, but when we look today's christianity we see that all kind of falsity is part of that, because the world's christianity love's world more than God, so the message of the Bible is change by result of the man's own desires to do things.

Do not deceive.
Yes the way of loving mercy,doing justly and walking humbly is the way of God, when we walk otherwise we transgress.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:02 AM

Default Do not deceive your selves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes the way of loving mercy,doing justly and walking humbly is the way of God, when we walk otherwise we transgress.
It seems that the most biggest reason why the people's do not follow the ways of Lord Jesus anymore, in pure heart, is, because they love the world, and God's word can't have the space in man.

And by the view of your profile tells also, about the love for this world.

Cover your selves from the influence of this world.

The friendship of this world is enmity against God.

Do not deceive your self.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,801,478 times
Quote:

Do not deceive.
Yes. As it is written;

"Keep the ways of the Lord by doing what is right and just."

"The Lord is just in all His ways and Holy in all his works."

"The Lord is just and He loves just works."

"Let the righteous rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in Him. Let all the upright of heart glorify Him."

Old 04-17-2015, 08:01 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,366,089 times
Isn't the real quandary what exactly is the will of God and how do we actually discern this will?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:27 AM

23,368 posts, read 10,654,929 times
Quote:

Do not deceive.

What is there to understand?

Hosea is speaking about the northern kingdom of Israel called,'' Ephraim.''

God did away with the entire kingdom and left a void where ten tribes were taken out, and these ten tribes became gentiles, and as gentiles, God promises to accept them back into Israel when a Messiah would come and marry them, and so they are redeemed BACK into Israel.

Paul explains this, and he quotes the promises of Ephraim by which gentiles come under the covenant BECAUSE a Jew married them and redeemed them.

''Not my people become my people,'' is about Ephraim, the sons of Joseph, and the promise how these lost gentiles would return in repentance for calling the Torah a strange thing.

But Christianity is just as lost as those ten tribes were, and they are lost for the exact same reason. Ephraim returned when Christ married gentiles, but that only lasted for 100 years.

Now Christianity has gone back to Assyria.

There are 3 kinds of People.

''Bless Egypt my people, and bless Assyria the work of my hands, and bless Israel mine inheritance.''

These 3 will be one in the land.

All people are considered one of these 3, and the ancient struggle between Egypt, Assyria, and Israel is that Egypt is against Assyria, and Assyria against Egypt and both are against Israel. Times would change and Israel would ask help of Egypt against Assyria, and visa versa.

Christianity is now a part of Assyria, and their Holy city is the city of Damascus as it always was.

Ephraim's hope and power was in Assyria and they were united against Judah just as it is today, that Christianity KEEPS the worship system of Assyria INSTEAD of the worship system of God and Judah.

Christmas and Easter are Holy days of Assyria, not Jerusalem, and Christianity is united against Judah.

But Christians were originally adopted brothers of Judah and for a brief moment in time, the Messiah came and redeemed them into Israel as the prophet said,'' I will take the stick of Israel and the stick of Judah and they will become one in my hand.''

There was no difference in Jew and gentile because the gentile was adopted and he converted to the religion of God, but no longer.

Gentiles left the covenant, they left God, they left Judah and went right back to Damascus. Damascus is the power they rely in whether they know it or not, because their Holy days, their traditions, their rituals teach of the Messiah of Assyria, not the Messiah of Jerusalem.

A Prophecy Against Damascus

A prophecy against Damascus:
“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.

Repentance to Bring Blessing

Return, Israel{Ephraim/Christianity/not Judah}, to the Lord your God.
Your sins have been your downfall!
Take words with you
and return to the Lord.
Say to him:
“Forgive all our sins
and receive us graciously,
that we may offer the fruit of our lips.
Assyria cannot save us;
we will not mount warhorses.
We will never again say ‘Our gods’
to what our own hands have made,
for in you the fatherless find compassion.”

“I will heal their waywardness
and love them freely,
for my anger has turned away from them.
I will be like the dew to Israel;
he will blossom like a lily.
Like a cedar of Lebanon
he will send down his roots;
his young shoots will grow.
His splendor will be like an olive tree,
his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon.
People will dwell again in his shade;
they will flourish like the grain,
they will blossom like the vine—
Israel’s fame will be like the wine of Lebanon.
Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols?
I will answer him and care for him.
I am like a flourishing juniper;
your fruitfulness comes from me.”

Who is wise? Let them realize these things.
Who is discerning? Let them understand.
The ways of the Lord are right;
the righteous walk in them,
but the rebellious stumble in them.

Unless Christians return with respect to Torah and the love of Messiah in HIS feast days, and HIS worship system, then they remain lost.

Fortunately, there are great prophesies concerning the return of Christians to Jerusalem, and back to being one with Judah.

GREAT will be the day of Jezreel when Joseph is found and acknowledged, and the sons of Joseph become one with the sons of Judah, and the two of them will mount up and spoil the nations of the world.

Paul and all the disciples were a part of Israel, not Judah.

Jesus made one man, and this is that he made us BOTH the son of Joseph, AND the son of David IF we will.

12 tribes for 12 ribs on one side, and 12 disciples for 12 ribs on the other.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-17-2015 at 09:37 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

God did away with the entire kingdom and left a void where ten tribes were taken out, and these ten tribes became gentiles, and as gentiles, God promises to accept them back into Israel when a Messiah would come and marry them, and so they are redeemed BACK into Israel.

Paul explains this, and he quotes the promises of Ephraim by which gentiles come under the covenant BECAUSE a Jew married them and redeemed them.

''Not my people become my people,'' is about Ephraim, the sons of Joseph, and the promise how these lost gentiles would return in repentance for calling the Torah a strange thing.

But Christianity is just as lost as those ten tribes were, and they are lost for the exact same reason. Ephraim returned when Christ married gentiles, but that only lasted for 100 years.

''Bless Egypt my people, and bless Assyria the work of my hands, and bless Israel mine inheritance.''

All people are considered one of these 3, and the ancient struggle between Egypt, Assyria, and Israel is that Egypt is against Assyria, and Assyria against Egypt and both are against Israel. Times would change and Israel would ask help of Egypt against Assyria, and visa versa.

Christianity is now a part of Assyria, and their Holy city is the city of Damascus as it always was.

Ephraim's hope and power was in Assyria and they were united against Judah just as it is today, that Christianity KEEPS the worship system of Assyria INSTEAD of the worship system of God and Judah.

Christmas and Easter are Holy days of Assyria, not Jerusalem, and Christianity is united against Judah.

But Christians were originally adopted brothers of Judah and for a brief moment in time, the Messiah came and redeemed them into Israel as the prophet said,'' I will take the stick of Israel and the stick of Judah and they will become one in my hand.''

There was no difference in Jew and gentile because the gentile was adopted and he converted to the religion of God, but no longer.

Gentiles left the covenant, they left God, they left Judah and went right back to Damascus. Damascus is the power they rely in whether they know it or not, because their Holy days, their traditions, their rituals teach of the Messiah of Assyria, not the Messiah of Jerusalem.

Take words with you
and return to the Lord.
Say to him:
“Forgive all our sins
Assyria cannot save us;

and love them freely,
Like a cedar of Lebanon

Unless Christians return with respect to Torah and the love of Messiah in HIS feast days, and HIS worship system, then they remain lost.

Fortunately, there are great prophesies concerning the return of Christians to Jerusalem, and back to being one with Judah.

GREAT will be the day of Jezreel when Joseph is found and acknowledged, and the sons of Joseph become one with the sons of Judah, and the two of them will mount up and spoil the nations of the world.

Jesus made one man, and this is that he made us BOTH the son of Joseph, AND the son of David IF we will.

The verse in the OP is not really a question but a statement in the form of a question.

'Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them; Right are the ways of the Lord, the upright walk in them but sinners will stumble in them."

Old 04-17-2015, 11:37 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,366,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The verse in the OP is not really a question but a statement in the form of a question.

'Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them; Right are the ways of the Lord, the upright walk in them but sinners will stumble in them."
Seems rather odd that a godly thought would include asking that "sinners" stumble and not come to understand, know and walk in them?

Is it not God's will that all be saved>?

Did Jesus not leave the 99 for the sake of the one?

Did Jesus drop a few blocks in the blind person's path?

Our prayer ought to always seek to invite the sinner to partake in the mercy of the Lord, should it not?

Have we grown so callous and self-righteous that we FEAR others receiving forgiveness and reaching their acceptance of Christ?

Was the Word not true when it said that THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST..

Are we actually asking God to close the doors to prevent others from wandering in last, after we have devoted the best years off our lives to God's service?

Do we pray COME LORD JESUS just so we can be the last and not have others usurp our "status" as God's favorite who did his will FIRST, before those who ignored God at came in at the last hour to claim their place on the right hand of OUR GOD?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seems rather odd that a godly thought would include asking that "sinners" stumble and not come to understand, know and walk in them?

Is it not God's will that all be saved>?

Did Jesus not leave the 99 for the sake of the one?

Did Jesus drop a few blocks in the blind person's path?

Our prayer ought to always seek to invite the sinner to partake in the mercy of the Lord, should it not?

Have we grown so callous and self-righteous that we FEAR others receiving forgiveness and reaching their acceptance of Christ?

Was the Word not true when it said that THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST..

Are we actually asking God to close the doors to prevent others from wandering in last, after we have devoted the best years off our lives to God's service?

Do we pray COME LORD JESUS just so we can be the last and not have others usurp our "status" as God's favorite who did his will FIRST, before those who ignored God at came in at the last hour to claim their place on the right hand of OUR GOD?
It is saying that the wise and prudent will know the meaning of the ways of the Lord but sinners will not know. God want's everyone to be wise and prudent to know him.

The prudent serve the Lord and the righteous know Him.

"I will purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord." says the Lord

Old 04-18-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Take words with you
and return to the Lord.
Say to him:
“Forgive all our sins
Assyria cannot save us;

and love them freely,
Like a cedar of Lebanon

Can't you find wisdom also for us in those words, that God ways are right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity