Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:05 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,850,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Being that God did nothing to stop the holocaust, slavery, genocide, poverty, cancers, war and the like, I would venture to say he's ok with gays being married.
Couldn't those things be explained by either 1) a fallen world (Genesis 3) or 2) God's judgment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 01:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,431 times
God is fine with our decisions. God is fully capable of a changing mind and heart in every matter. God should never be held hostage to a book. The idea of it is silly.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,573,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'd like to approach this from a different POV. Christians, what does God think of gay marriage, and why?
I just don't know. I am not sure I want to base my beliefs on man's interpretation of the Bible. I'll have to let you know once I get up to Heaven and talk to God. I'll swing by your place -- 2 chain rattles in a row means He approves of gay marriage, 1 chain rattle means He does not.

My issue is just I can't imagine God saying to the homosexual, and there are many out there in the world, though you have real, true, genuine, feelings of love for your partner, I do not approve of your relationship. Get over it and turn straight. Or else.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:17 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,557,221 times
Quote:
So, you believe God joins (some?) same-sex partners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I believe that if two people love each other and are in a committed relationship then it is none of my business whether God joined them or not. Who am I to say? I recognize their marriage just as much as any other.
Quote:
I don't care what you think about it. I want to know what GOD thinks about it.
Your question was what I believe...

IF God exists, you would have to ask him yourself as would each person. If you believe he disapproves but the next believes he does. For them... HE DOES APPROVE and you have no say in what God tells them.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:18 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,422,132 times
the thread title doesnt even make sense..."gay marriage" is basically gay people wanting *validation* from the govt for their love... why on earth people would need the govt of all things to ackowledge them is beyond me...has nothing to do with god or christianity. and if you need a yes/no answer, then the answer is a big fat no. i am not religious but i would think that christians follow their holy book since they decided to willingly join a religious group and i know that homosexuality is not cosigned by god in the bible. there are references to it being an abomination, men laying with men etc etc

Old 07-02-2015, 01:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
PAGING GOD, GOD YOU ARE WANTED IN THIS THREAD TO ANSWER A QUESTION.

*crickets*
Uh-huh.

I'm constantly amazed how fundavangelists know what God thinks -- on any given matter!!

Old 07-02-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Your question was what I believe...

IF God exists, you would have to ask him yourself as would each person. If you believe he disapproves but the next believes he does. For them... HE DOES APPROVE and you have no say in what God tells them.
No, my question was, what does God think about this, in your opinion, and why. You gave me your opinion.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,557,221 times
Quote:
No, my question was, what does God think about this, in your opinion, and why. You gave me your opinion.
And my opinion is that God deals with each individual. Did you want me to post a letter God sent me on the matter?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:41 PM

18,529 posts, read 9,216,759 times
Wait...God just sent me an email...subject line is "what I think about gay marriage."

Old 07-02-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
And my opinion is that God deals with each individual. Did you want me to post a letter God sent me on the matter?
Well, if you have a reason for your opinion, that would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity