Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 12:18 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In the beginning God made Adam and Eve not Chuck and Fred .
And He told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply ,I'm pretty sure two men cannot have a baby .
Sodom and Gomora were cities of perversion God distroyed.
You need no more reason that that to know that God does not support perversion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 12:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Does Isaiah say that? Do you mean Ezekiel? It condemns them...but it doesn't say they were destroyed for that reason. Have you read the Genesis account?
Either way, fundies know exactly what I am talking about..

Old 07-02-2015, 12:23 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
God/Jesus Christ does not, as has not, will ever find any form of sin acceptable in his sight.

Homosexuality is a sin. But so is fornication, lying, stealing, idolatry, bigotry, adultery, etc. The list goes on.

As a very devout Christian, I am against homosexuality and homosexual marriages b/c they are a violation of God's Word. But I'm also against any and all active sin (which by its very nature, in general, will always be against Him and His Word), not just homosexuality.

The Body of Christ is getting a bad rap with this issue b/c the "Christian" extremists who have polarized opinions on either side of this issue (all the while claiming to be representatives of Christ on earth) are the ones who are glorified in our culture and media. Their voices are the ones that are projected and deemed to be THE opinion.

This is not how the Lord works. God is very,very clear about sin in the Bible.

And I'm sure there are innumerable people who believe/state that Jesus is make believe or "outdated." But it doesn't matter what they say or what our woefully sinful world says: He still exists.

One day we will have to given an account to Him for our beliefs and actions, on the day of judgement.

The focus on homosexuality seems to be a baffling one b/c it is one sin out of so many.

May God have mercy on the souls of His creation..

Old 07-02-2015, 12:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
The focus on homosexuality seems to be a baffling one b/c it is one sin out of so many.

May God have mercy on the souls of His creation..
Your focus is at least a credit to your perceptions on the place of any one "sin" in the spectrum of human failure, but you really need to look into what constitutes "sin" under the New Covenant, and it does not have anything to do with perceived "rules." It's about concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation. Look into it.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Either way, fundies know exactly what I am talking about..
Yes. We do. because your side has horribly misquoted that passage before to attempt to support your views.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
You must mean used the passage to show that the misrepresentation of the circumstrances of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah by homophobes is false.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'd like to approach this from a different POV. Christians, what does God think of gay marriage, and why?
How would anyone know?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:02 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I believe that if two people love each other and are in a committed relationship then it is none of my business whether God joined them or not. Who am I to say? I recognize their marriage just as much as any other.
I don't care what you think about it. I want to know what GOD thinks about it.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:03 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
God and His SON are SMILING and saying--THOSE MORTALS MAY JUST GET IT RIGHT YET!
Why do you believe that?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I don't care what you think about it. I want to know what GOD thinks about it.
PAGING GOD, GOD YOU ARE WANTED IN THIS THREAD TO ANSWER A QUESTION.

*crickets*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity