Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,573,237 times

Advertisements

Does Christianity shun jokes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Like this one for example:

Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on the computer. They had been going at it for days, and frankly God was tired of hearing all the bickering.

Finally fed up, God said, 'THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run for two hours, and from those results, I will judge who does the better job.'

So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away.

They moused.

They faxed.

They e-mailed.

They e-mailed with attachments.

They downloaded.

They did spreadsheets!

They wrote reports.

They created labels and cards.

They created charts and graphs.

They did some genealogy reports

They did every job known to man.

Jesus worked with Heavenly efficiency and Satan was faster than hell.

Then, ten minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power went off..

Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld.

Jesus just sighed.

Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming: 'It's gone! It's all GONE! 'I lost everything when the power went out!'

Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours of work..

Satan observed this and became irate.

'Wait!' he screamed. 'That's not fair! He cheated! How come he has all his work and I don't have any?'

God just shrugged his shoulders and said, "JESUS SAVES"
Source: Funny jokes and memes about church god religion - Lollygagging

Not funny?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer when all of a sudden he said aloud, "Lord grant me one wish". The sky clouded and a booming voice said, "Because you have tried to be faithful I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord answered, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time to think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me".

The man thought for a long time and finally said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know what they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy?"

After a few minutes God said, "How many lanes did you want on that bridge?"

Old 07-08-2015, 09:45 PM

How did the priest make holy water?

He took some tap-water, and boiled the hell out of it.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,170,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Does Christianity shun jokes?
Well, there are many jokes about Christians in the atheism forum. The jokes there really aren't about atheism. In my experience, Christians are better able to laugh at themselves than atheists are. (Of course the fundies are too busy condemning everybody to be able to take a minute out of their day for a good laugh.)

Old 07-08-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer when all of a sudden he said aloud, "Lord grant me one wish". The sky clouded and a booming voice said, "Because you have tried to be faithful I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii, so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord answered, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time to think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me".

The man thought for a long time and finally said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know what they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy?"

After a few minutes God said, "How many lanes did you want on that bridge?"
OMG that was hilarious! I love it!

Old 07-08-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, there are many jokes about Christians in the atheism forum. The jokes there really aren't about atheism. In my experience, Christians are better able to laugh at themselves than atheists are. (Of course the fundies are too busy condemning everybody to be able to take a minute out of their day for a good laugh.)
Yet as shown in this thread there are some funny jokes that aren't anti-christian. In fact, here's one from LDS SMILE - Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal

Old 07-08-2015, 10:03 PM

One of my faves!

Everybody on earth dies and goes to heaven. God comes and says "I want the men to make two lines. One line is for the men that dominated their women on earth and the other line for the men that were whipped by their women. Also, I want all the women to go with St Peter."

Said and done, the next time God looks the women are gone and there are two lines. The line of the men that were whipped was 100 miles long, on the line of men that dominated women there was only one man.

God got mad and said. "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you in my image, and you were all whipped by your mates. Look at the only one of my sons that stood up and made me proud, Learn from him!" Tell them my son how did you manage to be the only one in that line?

The man said, "I don't know. My wife told me to stand here."

Source: Funny jokes and memes about church god religion - Lollygagging

Old 07-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
(Many appear to be consumed with sex)

A couple made a deal that which ever died first, they would come back and inform the other of the after life. Her biggest fear was there was no heaven. After a long life the husband was the first to go and true to his word he made contact. Mary ... Mary .... Is that you Fred ? Yes, I have come back like we agreed.

What is it like?

Well, I get up in the morning, I have sex, I have breakfast, I have sex, I bath in the sun, then I have sex-twice, I have lunch, then sex pretty much all afternoon. Supper-then sex till late at night, Sleep then start all over again. Oh Fred you surely must be in heaven.

Hell no, I'm a rabbit in Texas.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,337,228 times
Jesus saves!

But Gretzky scores on the rebound!!!

(Canadian hockey joke, eh.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity