Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 06:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He has told us what he thinks. It's recorded in the Bible. I'm not spouting off with my own opinion--I preach what God has already said. It's the guy that claims Jesus been talking to him that you need to worry about.
Strange, but I think it is the guy that God doesn't speak to that we have to worry about..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 06:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Every translation I read says "exceeded" means David wept more which makes perfect sense in the context. Your interpretation is such a far reach that doesn't prove anything. Words in the Hebrew language often have double meanings.
That's what Rashi says the Hebraic idiom means...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Heterosexuality doesn't fall under the umbrella of sexual immorality.
Yes, it does...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
That was part of it. But it wasn't the only reason. Keep reading Genesis 2.
I know what it says...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
And it's amazing how he affirmed the marriage of Genesis, isn't it? He had the perfect opportunity to clear up any misconceptions that anyone might have about marriage....and he didn't. He simply affirmed marriage as a man and a woman.
Adam and Eve weren't married...And he was talking about divorce, period...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
My wife and I have different parts than each other.
I thought you were against SSM?...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.
Problem is G-d didn't say that...

Old 07-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yet, many evangelical fundies will say Leviticus is no longer in effect?

and Leviticus 19:5--8

Says--

"'When you sacrifice a fellowship offering to the LORD, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf.
It shall be eaten on the day you sacrifice it or on the next day; anything left over until the third day must be burned up.
If any of it is eaten on the third day, it is impure and will not be accepted.
Whoever eats it will be held responsible because they have desecrated what is holy to the LORD; they must be cut off from their people.

So we can say that you do EAT all of the sacrifice by the third day as the Lord commands?
The Torah (Law) IS no longer in effect according to the Gracers...

Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Law came way after Abraham, how could he have broken a Law that doesn't exist?..

1Sa 20:30 And the anger of Saul burneth against Jonathan, and he saith to him, `Son of a perverse rebellious woman! have I not known that thou art fixing on the son of Jesse to thy shame, and to the shame of the nakedness of thy mother?
Is not God immutable? Would He bless something at one point and then change His mind---actually He WOULD!!

Quote:
"No one who is emasculated or has his male organ cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD."
Deut. 23:1
Quote:
For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant, To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off.…
Isaiah 56:4

I think worship in the assembly of the Lord would be part of the covenant.

I guess God does change His mind!

With regard to Saul, it is unlikely he would have tossed a spear at his son over a "friendship." Do I believe David was homosexual--no. But he may have been bi-sexual. Jonathan on the other hand may have been despite having sired children.

The biblical evidence is circumstantial, but compelling nonetheless:
1. The testimony of David about his relationship with Jonathan
2. The testimony of Saul about David and Jonathan's relationship
3. The testimony of Jonathan about his relationship with David
4. The Hebrew words used in the stories to describe their relationship.

There may not have been anything homophobic. But consider that the writers may have been hesitant to describe that relationship specifically considering it was a violation of the holiness code--and David went on to be the greatest King in the history of Israel.

It is possible--and making firm decisions without firm evidence one way or the other is presumptuous.

I just presume about gay people to consider how Jesus treated all outcasts, whether they were Gentiles, Samaritans, or prostitutes.

A gay person would have been the kind of guy (or gal) Jesus would have stuck up for.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
No. It really doesn't. 2 men do not complement each other the way a man and a woman do. My wife does not have the same parts I do. Not to mention, we are 2 very different types of people.

Do you realize men and women are different? We think differently?
Even if this were true do you honestly think it is grounbds for making rules for other people to abide by? Answer: yes YOU do because you are a controller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity