Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 02:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Which god?

Thor? Yahweh? Allah? Loki? Freya?

Why did you pick one over the others?

The God - Father of Jesus Christ.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sorry, you are trying to convince a linguist of Strong's concordance. Strong's is weak at best. It obviously could not have meant castration to Jesus. He said some were BORN that way, and there is no possibility that He could have known a single person BORN as a eunuch. However we can be sure He knew of effeminate men.
Born Eunuchs

Jesus stated "The one who can accept this should accept it." I can and I do and I love and worship Jesus as much as you do. But don't think that because you are unable to be open-hearted about people born with no desire for females that you are better than anyone else--especially the ones you denigrate.

Moreover, Jesus speaking of eunuchs is quite curious because Judaism has always forbidden man-made castration:
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...irtual-library
Basically castration itself was considered terrible, but Jesus didn't see it that way. He accepted people for how they were, not how others wanted them to be. Jesus didn't see one who became a eunuch for spiritual reasons was unacceptable either--although the Pharisees did.

What Judaism believes is not what I believe or what Christ teaches.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
It is not a trick, I simply opened my Bible and my concordance and can see that the Greek scholars explained the meaning as castration.

From Strong's concordance definition for eunuch:

From εὐνή eunē (a bed) and G2192; a castrated person (such being employed in Oriental bed chambers); by extension an impotent or unmarried man; by implication a chamberlain (state officer): - eunuch.

By Word Usage we can see that it extends this to be one that is abstinent with regards to sex.
The Strong's on Bible hub adds: (b) a eunuch, castrated person, or one who voluntarily abstains from marriage.
So, maybe you are doing a "trick." Could that be extended to one who voluntarily abstains from marriage due to an inborn sexual preference that militates against it? A kind of "natural eunuch?"

Old 09-15-2018, 03:09 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,603,426 times
Quote:
The God - Father of Jesus Christ.
How do you know that is the right god? What if you are wrong?

Old 09-15-2018, 03:16 PM

23,202 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
Hannibal, let me know what mean in regards to the Sabbaths, pagan gods and homosexuality and I'll try to answer in the context.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
If you think those two commandments are all that matters, then how is somebody else in sin when they commit homosexuality?

Old 09-15-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The Strong's on Bible hub adds: (b) a eunuch, castrated person, or one who voluntarily abstains from marriage.
So, maybe you are doing a "trick." Could that be extended to one who voluntarily abstains from marriage due to an inborn sexual preference that militates against it? A kind of "natural eunuch?"

All lust for the flesh is sin.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How do you know that is the right god? What if you are wrong?

I'm convinced and each man will be in due time. In 2040 all will know.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If you think those two commandments are all that matters, then how is somebody else in sin when they commit homosexuality?

On those two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Homosexuality is lust for the flesh, it is also counter to the 'type' that God established to portray the relationship of Christ and His Church which was typed in the union of Man and Woman.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
All lust for the flesh is sin.
Desire is not a sin in, and of itself.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:48 PM

23,202 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
On those two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Homosexuality is lust for the flesh, it is also counter to the 'type' that God established to portray the relationship of Christ and His Church which was typed in the union of Man and Woman.
I am forgiven because I have a law. .

YOU don't have a law to be forgiven from, I can't express how inappropriate it is for somebody like you to tell people that homosexuality is a sin..........

That is called hypocrisy when you see the sin in others and you wont admit your own sins. This isn't a pick and choose, you choose all the law or you aint got no law, and so why are you even speaking of homosexuality?

Do you know that all those laws of marriage and sex pertain to a human and a spirit?

That the laws of the sin of homosexuality is just pointing to spiritual homosexuality just as spiritual adultery is involving yourself in pagan practiced just like Israel when they built that golden calf? They committed adultery against God and tell me which one you think is worse?

Whether or not you have practiced Homosexuality or not is irrelevant, I would tell you that you are a homosexual by flesh and spirit just from these couple posts, you know why?

Because you are to be a submissive bride to the will of your bridegroom, but seeing that you want to be the man and be able to alter the law as you see fit. I believe you have taken on the role as a man instead of a woman, and there you are as two men in a bed.

What you say is above what God has said, and so you prove that your word is above God, you have become a male in a homosexual relationship in your own body and spirit. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-15-2018 at 07:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.