Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:57 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh so now you backtrack which only shows that your posts are motivated by a desire to make me look bad even if you have distort what I post. Nope, I just say that the sin of homosexuality is an abomination before God. See, I don't define people by their sexual actions. I can look beyond that and value someone for their personality, talents and intelligence. We will never have equality as long as people like yourself keep putting people into categories and classifications. We are all just human beings.
I'm not backtracking on anything, what gave you that idea? See, that is the problem with you guys. You can't even see what you are doing. If I walked up to you and said, "Hey Jeff, I don't hate you, I just hate everything you are, and everything you do. I also don't think you should have the protections afforded to other every day Americans because of your lifestyle. But I don't hate you!"... What would YOU think?

And you claim I am the one putting people into categories? You are the one claiming only certain people in certain categories are good people and deserve equal protections. Not me Jeff. We are all humans, you just think that only some humans are actually worthy of respect and life.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with them living life however they want. That's the freedom of choice that God gave us even though it grieves Him to see people stupidly follow a path that leads to pain and destruction.
I do have a problem when they try to force us to violate our religious freedom and engage with sinful ceremonies like gay marriage.
Yes, you do Jeff. You very plainly do have a problem with it. You make it known on every single thread about homosexuality, and some that have nothing to do with it. And no one is "forcing" businesses to violate their religious freedoms. Your religious freedom ends where it breaks the law or discriminates. Sorry buddy, that's the way it is. Don't like it? Don't open a business in this great country of ours if you can't follow the laws.

Quote:
I walked away from this thread for weeks and yet your ilk just keeps it going and going. The thread title is asking to understand our beliefs. We've stated them. Why can't your side just move on? Nope, you want to brow beat us into submission.
Well, maybe my ilk did. I just started posting over the last few days, and did not read through all 200+ pages to know.

You ask "why can't your side just move on?"... Well Jeff, why can't yours? Why can't you guys move into this century, and stop trying to discriminate against others? Why can't you just move on?

Quote:
Nope, we just seek to live a righteous life and put the needs of others before ourselves
You very clearly do not do this, Jeff... You don't give a rat's behind about the needs of anyone outside of your religious circle, and you make it known on a daily basis.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:03 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,797 times
Quote:
And you admitted that you can't prove that our faith is a fiction. Yet here you claim it is fact. In fact, your need to disrespect our beliefs is just another bit of evidence to tip the scales in our favor. I bet you never talked trash about the Koran or other religious texts. Nope, just like the majority of atheists, you focus exclusively on ripping down Christianity.
And you have yet to prove any other religion as fiction. Guess they are all true too then, huh???

Quote:
Persecution certainly exists in other countries and your side is sowing the seeds that could certainly bloom into attacks against Christians in the near future. It's the same path of propaganda that lead German society to hate the Jews. First you apply negative stereotypes. Then find some extremists and broad stroke all believers as being the same as the extremist. Then you find some social element to scapegoat us. Eventually you get the government to pass laws to force us to violate our beliefs or else. It's obvious that atheists want a future where it is illegal to own a Bible or worship God.
No one is broad stroking all believers Jeff. They are simply pointing out that people like yourself, fundamentalist Christians, are the extremists. No one is forcing you to violate any beliefs either, as you have been told and shown on many, many occasions. Again, your religious freedom ends when it breaks the law, or infringes on others. The fact that you think it is okay for you to do that which you don't want others to do to you shows us all we need to know about you.

No one is advocating for a future where it is illegal to own a Bible or worship God. Did your pastor tell you that or something? Because all that is, is ignorant scare tactics. Most atheists and agnostics could not care less about you reading a Bible or worshipping God until you start trying to infringe upon other people and public places.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Says the person who is 100% insulting and rude in every post. lol

Says the person who isn't man enough to look in the mirror.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sure of it.

Probably.

Why would you believe we don't?

Now...would you be so accepting of a man or woman that openly cheated on his/her spouse despite being confronted by it? That they continued to willfully and openly cheat? Do you believe we should just ignore it?

There is a difference between a man that commits a sin 10 years ago, repents, receives forgiveness, and moves on with life, compared to the person that says "No--I am going to continue to sin openly". I get it-adultery is sin. It's very serious, and no--we don't take it seriously enough. But Jesus is big enough to forgive someone for it. But after a man commits it, he is disqualified for service as an elder.

No matter what the sin is, it's willful and blatant sin. I don't care if it's homosexuality, adultery, or stealing cable. Sin is sin.

I'm not the one making excuses for sin.
Because you’re a self professed sinner and lying is a sin BFun.

But all you have to do is ask fo forgiveness, right?

Old 10-12-2018, 05:09 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,727,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sure of it.

Probably.

Why would you believe we don't?

Now...would you be so accepting of a man or woman that openly cheated on his/her spouse despite being confronted by it? That they continued to willfully and openly cheat? Do you believe we should just ignore it?

There is a difference between a man that commits a sin 10 years ago, repents, receives forgiveness, and moves on with life, compared to the person that says "No--I am going to continue to sin openly". I get it-adultery is sin. It's very serious, and no--we don't take it seriously enough. But Jesus is big enough to forgive someone for it. But after a man commits it, he is disqualified for service as an elder.

No matter what the sin is, it's willful and blatant sin. I don't care if it's homosexuality, adultery, or stealing cable. Sin is sin.

I'm not the one making excuses for sin.
But as long as an adulterer continues to live with someone who is not the spouse he/she cheated on, they are both openly living in adultery—continuously. You won’t let them be an elder, but what about other church positions? Would your church treat a homosexual and their spouse in the same fashion?

I’m just trying to understand how you can hold out two different scales of justice without blinking an eye.

I agree sin is sin. So why not have a consistent method of dealing with sinners in the church?

Old 10-12-2018, 05:17 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,815,887 times
Quote:
Says the person who is 100% insulting and rude in every post. lol
Seriously, ignore him.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously, ignore him.

Unlike you, BF, and other cowards, jeff is not.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:37 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Unlike you, BF, and other cowards, jeff is not.
True, Jefff says it how he sees it. Jimmie, Finn Jarber and co are cowards, they dare not engage you lest you expose their hypocrisy to them.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True, Jefff says it how he sees it. Jimmie, Finn Jarber and co are cowards, they dare not engage you lest you expose their hypocrisy to them.

I don't think Jarber has put me on ignore - yet. But little jimmiej did a long time ago, and BFun "bragged" about doing so recently. It's an admission of the weakness of their arguments. Their faith is brittle and easily shaken. Not surprising since its foundation is a pile of old parchments.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:16 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't think Jarber has put me on ignore - yet. But little jimmiej did a long time ago, and BFun "bragged" about doing so recently. It's an admission of the weakness of their arguments. Their faith is brittle and easily shaken. Not surprising since its foundation is a pile of old parchments.
How the hell has Finn Jarber not put you on the ignore list(convenient when all you have is "i believe in the bible") yet and i am? (love you Finn, please forgive me, i know it's hard for you),You Trout rip him a new <bleep> in every post ?. I think it must be something to do with him having an anti Brit sentiment and he's more forgiving to you Canadians when you expose his hypocrisy rather than a limey.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-12-2018 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.