Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 10:38 AM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are rich just admitting this, but don"t dwell on being wrong. Let the haughty of heart look down on you, they just haven't seen what you are seeing yet.
Sweet post, thanks.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:43 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Jesus asked the young ruler..."Who is good?"

Compared to God, no one is good. The only way we can be good is to have Jesus as our propitiation.
So, your answer boils down to.... Murderers who believe in Jesus are "good", while atheists who do not, regardless of how they lived their life, are "bad"? So unless I can somehow force my brain, which according to you your God gave me, to somehow disregard all logic and "just believe" (which is impossible... I mean, could you force yourself to belief in Zeus? Yea, I thought not), I am bound for hell, regardless of how good I am in this life?? Guess I better get to raping, murdering, and stealing then. After all, according to you, I have nothing else to live for, right? What is the point in an atheist trying to be a good person if they are bound for hell by your vengeful and narcissistic God regardless of what they do?

Again, you don't see how ridiculous that sounds?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:53 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Jesus asked the young ruler..."Who is good?"

Compared to God, no one is good. The only way we can be good is to have Jesus as our propitiation.
According to you, Jesus in no good too?. Or would you consider this was not a put down of himself and the world, he was actually "meaning" something entirely different to the rich young ruler. I think it was you or vizio who although you didn't do this yourself, said we need to be in context. Well, explain in context Jesus saying, there is none good, but also saying the good man out of good treasure of his heart brings forth that which is good.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:56 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
According to you, Jesus in no good too?.
Never said that. He asked why the young man CALLED him "good." Because no man is. But Jesus is God.
Quote:
Well, explain in context Jesus saying, there is none good, but also saying the good man out of good treasure of his heart brings forth that which is good.
What verse would you like explained?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Never said that. He asked why the young man CALLED him "good." Because no man is. But Jesus is God.

What verse would you like explained?
But he was man too . He said why call ME good? Who are the good men who bring forth good out of the treausure of their hearts?.

If he was no good, did he pay for his own sins on the cross too?. Your interpretation of what Jesus said is wrong, he was not calling himself or anyone no good. It would make perfectly good sense that he was saying why call me God, there is only 1 God?.

I don't need an explanation, i want you to put in context Jesus saying there is no good, yet he said elsewhere there is.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
But he was man too . He said why call ME good? Who are the good men who bring forth good out of the treausure of their hearts?.
Yes. He was asking why he thought he was good. Because he was a teacher? Or because he knew he was Messiah? He was making a point.
Quote:
If he was no good, did he pay for his own sins on the cross too?. Your interpretation of what Jesus said is wrong, he was not calling himself or anyone no good. It would make perfectly good sense that he was saying why call me God, there is only 1 God?.
Jesus is good. That's the point. He has no sin. He did not inherent a sin nature from Adam because he had no human father. He's without sin. So he died on the cross as an innocent man.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Yes. He was asking why he thought he was good. Because he was a teacher? Or because he knew he was Messiah? He was making a point.

Jesus is good. That's the point. He has no sin. He did not inherent a sin nature from Adam because he had no human father. He's without sin. So he died on the cross as an innocent man.
No, he said, "Why call ME good there is none good but God?". He was most certainly not saying what you are suggesting. The point he was making was quite clear there is none good but God, so don't be going calling me good. Like it said it quite clear he was not putting himself or mankind down,. because he clearly taught in another instance that there is good people.

Jesus said this >>>The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. Matt 12 :35

Old 10-15-2018, 12:46 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,360,237 times
In answer to the title question: because they are not equipped to share why they believe what they believe in love. I think part of it is frustration.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
No, he said, "Why call ME good there is none good but God?". He was most certainly not saying what you are suggesting. The point he was making was quite clear there is none good but God, so don't be going calling me good. Like it said it quite clear he was not putting himself or mankind down,. because he clearly taught in another instance that there is good people.

Jesus said this >>>The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. Matt 12 :35
Good post, Jesus was showing himself to be a human.Now I am just going to ramble. We also see the Messiah of Ezekiel 45 as a Human, a prince that comes to keep all the holy days on a single day, and Ezekiel 45 had prophesied of all the sacrifices taking place on Nisan 14, and then again on Tishri 15. Jesus was all the sacrifices as Ezekiel was showing, and when this prince came to institute the new laws of sacrifices, we see Jesus driving people from the court because Ezekiel 45 had changed who was responsible for obtaining those sacrifices, it had become the responsibilty of the Prince, and now the prince would institute all sacrifices taking place on Nisan 14, and we wait on Messiah coming to do the same on Tishri 15 as Ezekiel prophesied...

The point is, it is very obvious that Jesus came instituting the new rules of Ezekiel's temple, I mean it should be obvious, but this Prince begins Everything with sacrificing a Bullock for HIS OWN SINS.

If Jesus did not come as a man, then he would have no claim to be a sacrifice, what Jesus said was that there IS NO GOOD IN FLESH, but there is yet the hidden man of the heart and although the house is divided, we can still overcome and we are given much instruction in how to overcome that son of the flesh. Revelation is written to the overcomer, and Lord knows that I have tried so hard that I find it an impossibility in myself but I don't fret, I still have my salvation, I have just not become an overcomer yet.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Moderator cut: post removed
Woahhh, wait just a second Warden, I happen to be the Pharisee of CD, and you are trying to insinuate that a non Pharisee is the Pharisee of CD. I am very proud to be a Pharisee and I am in good company with Everyone who believes in the resurrection, Paul never stopped being a Pharisee unless somebody doesn't believe Paul's own words, and those tens of thousands of Jewish believers who were all Pharisee, the Pharisees were the fathers of our covenant, it is they who offer it, and only they who could have begun a church. The name ,'' Pharisee,'' is not a derogatory name as you throw it around as such, you are using what I am as a way to insult sombody else.

Last edited by Marka; 10-16-2018 at 01:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.