Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 02:12 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How can you not see that ANY focus on such carnal acts is carnal-minded and NOT spiritual-minded???? Our carnality is powerful and influences our spirituality far too much that is why we are told to focus on the "mind of Christ" and believe He has reconciled us to the Father. Our carnal sins (mistakes) are NOT being counted against us as long as we adopt the "mind of Christ" and love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. It is our state of mind, NOT our physical acts that will define our spiritual fate.

It isn't carnality that I'm focused on. It is purpose and intent. Spilling one's seed inappropriately would not be in God's design. It is something that would be done in vain and without purpose.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe too, and i have no interest in what is sin and what isn't. Jesus Christ convicts us of righteousness (the answer) not sin. My draw is what righteousness is not what fundamentalists (universalist ones too) "think" is sin.

The greater understanding of righteousness is one who understands sin. Just as a man who has lost his vision suffers greater loss than one to have never seen.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
It isn't carnality that I'm focused on. It is purpose and intent. Spilling one's seed inappropriately would not be in God's design. It is something that would be done in vain and without purpose.
so sex with out the intend to have children is a sin? Hence BIRTH control and a vasectomy is cause for damnation?

Old 11-24-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
53. But in addition to this there were to be found among men many things still more monstrous and terrifying and brutal: father cohabits with his child, and son and with his mother, and brother with sister, and male with male, and each man lusting after the wife of his neighbor.

http://www.cogwriter.com/melitohomily.htm
is there a chapter and verse. Or is this just twisted interpretation?

Old 11-24-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I'm a universalist and I believe what the Bible shows which is that Homosexuality is a sin. It is what the Spirit reveals also to those that believe.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:40 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
The greater understanding of righteousness is one who understands sin. Just as a man who has lost his vision suffers greater loss than one to have never seen.

That is why it says set your affections on sin, be transformed by the awareness of sin , whatsoever his sinful, an abomination, evil and the like think upon these things?.

Do you know that the scriptures says this ?.

The communication of our faith BECOMES EFFECTIVE by the ACKNOWLEDGING of >>>>>>>> EVERY GOOD THING which is in Christ Jesus Philemon 1:6

I will put it you that you have no idea what righteous is and one of the reasons you are always banging on(pardon the pun) about homosexuals.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
so sex with out the intend to have children is a sin? Hence BIRTH control and a vasectomy is cause for damnation?

Yes, sex without intent to have children would be sin. Yes, Birth control and vasectomy is a sin if your doing such things to continue in that sin.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
is there a chapter and verse. Or is this just twisted interpretation?

It is provided in the link.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

That is why it says set your affections on sin, be transformed by the awareness of sin , whatsoever his sinful, an abomination, evil and the like think upon these things?.

Do you know that the scriptures says this ?.

The communication of our faith BECOMES EFFECTIVE by the ACKNOWLEDGING of >>>>>>>> EVERY GOOD THING which is in Christ Jesus Philemon 1:6

I will put it you that you have no idea what righteous is and one of the reasons you are always banging on(pardon the pun) about homosexuals.

I know the scriptures show that Homosexuality is a sin. I agree with the Rabbi's assessment of the meaning as I posted earlier in this thread.

Moderator cut: Saying others are not really Christian is not permitted.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-24-2018 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Using "Nicolaitans" was clever, but still says the same thing.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:06 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
SO you PRESUME to know what God designs????? Nothing too arrogant about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.