Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2018, 06:09 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,746,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Except those passages do not condemn loving, commited homosexual relationships at all.
Wrong. Romans 1:26-27 clearly says it is UNNATURAL. I don't care if it is in a pagan temple or not. The verse still says it is UNNATURAL.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:12 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Did you know that doctors used to literally "blow smoke up your rectum" in the late 1700's. It was used to restore to life or consciousness, people who were thought to be dead from drowning. They had Tobacco smoke enema kit's that were hung like defibrillators of today. So, it wasn't long ago that ignorance seemed to prevail. If you want to buy one, you may find them online:

So your counter argument is that I'm ignorant because previous generations are ignorant? Well here's one for ya. The law of Moses included laws to protect against infectious diseases. It took man hundreds and hundreds of years later to figure out that how bacteria spreads diseases. The Bible is truth. Whatever is the popular trend is not.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:14 PM

1,382 posts, read 769,497 times
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, and if believing in something has changed your life that's great. I, too, have overcame many things in my life. Although, I am still wondering, if it was predicated on the notion of an afterlife or that of eternal punishment? I don't see anything eternal about it. However, I do appreciate your honesty of not knowing whether or not it changed the way you live and how you see others. As for self-condemnation or thinking less of someone else, there is no place in the kingdom of heaven for that belief. For me, it is about overcoming the negative aspects without being under the bondage of religion itself.

To enter into the kingdom of heaven, "at hand" (Matthew 3:2), one must be more righteous than the Pharisees (Matthew 5:20). As for the kingdom of God, with respect to the millennium, "the immoral persons" (Revelation 22:15) remain "outside the gates" (Revelation 22:14), along with the "sorcerers, the murderers, and everyone who loves and practices lying. As for "self condemnation", that will probably be part of your life until you track down the owner of the corvette you shot, and asked for forgiveness, and paid damages.

The "negative aspects" of shooting a corvette, is it is assault with a deadly weapon, and destruction of private property. You have every right to have problems overcoming such actions. Unless you are the devil, the false prophet, or the beast, there is no "everlasting punishment", other than you will be judged and suffer the second death. At that time, time and circumstances will have overcome the "negative aspects" of your actions.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Did you know that doctors used to literally "blow smoke up your rectum" in the late 1700's. It was used to restore to life or consciousness, people who were thought to be dead from drowning. They had Tobacco smoke enema kit's that were hung like defibrillators of today. So, it wasn't long ago that ignorance seemed to prevail. If you want to buy one, you may find them online:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So your counter argument is that I'm ignorant because previous generations are ignorant? Well here's one for ya. The law of Moses included laws to protect against infectious diseases. It took man hundreds and hundreds of years later to figure out that how bacteria spreads diseases. The Bible is truth. Whatever is the popular trend is not.
It wasn't a counter argument because you believe it is a popular trend? Your ignorance comes from the fact that you take everything in the Scriptures as inerrant and infallible. Yet, you do not see that it relates to those who forced themselves on others, whether they were men, women or children. And, we understand "today" that people are born the way they are; and are not demon possessed, nor is everything a sin according to your beliefs. In addition, your thoughts of people having sex who are in a loving relationship is irrelevant. You might also want to consider that like the hepatitis C1A virus, which is transferred from person to person is blood born, so is the HIV virus. And drug use can be harmful for all genders. Or, you may contact it while in close-comat, where blood is being poured out in a life or death struggle. For some reason, you believe it is all about butt sex?

Where did HIV come from? | The AIDS Institute

They believe that the chimpanzee version of the immunodeficiency virus (called simian immunodeficiency virus or SIV) most likely was transmitted to humans and mutated into HIV when humans hunted these chimpanzees for meat and came into contact with their infected blood.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, and if believing in something has changed your life that's great. I, too, have overcame many things in my life. Although, I am still wondering, if it was predicated on the notion of an afterlife or that of eternal punishment? I don't see anything eternal about it. However, I do appreciate your honesty of not knowing whether or not it changed the way you live and how you see others. As for self-condemnation or thinking less of someone else, there is no place in the kingdom of heaven for that belief. For me, it is about overcoming the negative aspects without being under the bondage of religion itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
To enter into the kingdom of heaven, "at hand" (Matthew 3:2), one must be more righteous than the Pharisees (Matthew 5:20). As for the kingdom of God, with respect to the millennium, "the immoral persons" (Revelation 22:15) remain "outside the gates" (Revelation 22:14), along with the "sorcerers, the murderers, and everyone who loves and practices lying. As for "self condemnation", that will probably be part of your life until you track down the owner of the corvette you shot, and asked for forgiveness, and paid damages.

The "negative aspects" of shooting a corvette, is it is assault with a deadly weapon, and destruction of private property. You have every right to have problems overcoming such actions. Unless you are the devil, the false prophet, or the beast, there is no "everlasting punishment", other than you will be judged and suffer the second death. At that time, time and circumstances will have overcome the "negative aspects" of your actions.
I don't own a corvette, but I did shoot a Harley-Davidson full of holes with my lever action .44 magnum, when a biker gang pulled knives and attempted to harm two of my friends as we left a Denny's restaurant in the early morning hours. I just happened to be at my truck at the time.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Wrong. Romans 1:26-27 clearly says it is UNNATURAL. I don't care if it is in a pagan temple or not. The verse still says it is UNNATURAL.
Taking an aspirin because of a headache is also unnatural. So is putting shoes on. So is being left-handed. Or adding salt to your food.

Grow up, jeff. Work at it. Try to think like an adult.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Except those passages do not condemn loving, commited homosexual relationships at all.

Nothing wrong with Loving MEN and WOMEN. But homosexuality is about SEX. IF you don't want it to be about that then you better start making a difference because the word means a sexual relationship between the same gender. And a sexual relationship between the same gender is a SIN.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Nothing wrong with Loving MEN and WOMEN. But homosexuality is about SEX. IF you don't want it to be about that then you better start making a difference because the word means a sexual relationship between the same gender. And a sexual relationship between the same gender is a SIN.
And, this is coming from a man who believes that sex with his wife is a sin.

Apparently, you are an extremist, when it comes to your beliefs.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I take heart in the near-certain knowledge that only 11 people on this planet think along the same lines as you.

Tops.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:34 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Some people sure seem to be bitter and unhappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.