Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 09:43 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,121,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I’m looking for the hate in your post and can’t find it. Since this is one of urbanlemur’s repeated accusations perhaps this time he will explain what, precisely, he sees as hate in a response such as yours? I brought it forward for him:
so now you know how it appears to us when you claim that fundamentalists hate gay people. nothing could be further from the truth. i appeal to you and others here to show us anywhere in our posts where we have stated anything that resembles hate speech or where we have ridiculed or insulted someone during the course of our discussion. i'll wait.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:44 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,272,386 times
Good grief, it's 2018 and people are still out there trying to preach homosexuality is a sin and people should repent. They're simply born that way, no different from anyone else.

move on.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:45 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,618,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
well, then prove me wrong because the language you use in your posts strongly suggest a vehement dislike for us.
So you are still chickening out on responding, huh???

Dislike is not hate, and I have absolutely ZERO issue with fundamentalists who keep their beliefs where they should be. Only the ones that try to force the world to adhere to their beliefs and standards, even at the cost of other people. No "hate" though, just pity and dislike.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Love the fundamentalist, hate the fundamentalism. That's what the evangelical religion would teach.
Well, I guess this would make sense to a fundamentalist...

Old 11-26-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Good grief, it's 2018 and people are still out there trying to preach homosexuality is a sin and people should repent. They're simply born that way, no different from anyone else.

move on.
there are many studies that have findings that claim yes, they are born that way and no, they are not. it just depends on which side of the fence you're on in regards to what you believe.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:50 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,440,829 times
Quote:
so now you know how it appears to us when you claim that fundamentalists hate gay people. nothing could be further from the truth. i appeal to you and others here to show us anywhere in our posts where we have stated anything that resembles hate speech or where we have ridiculed or insulted someone during the course of our discussion. i'll wait.
I don't think I've ever claimed that fundamentalists hate gay people? (Sadly, I have known people who certainly have behaved as if they hate gay people and used the bible to justify it.)

Old 11-26-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So you are still chickening out on responding, huh???

Dislike is not hate, and I have absolutely ZERO issue with fundamentalists who keep their beliefs where they should be. Only the ones that try to force the world to adhere to their beliefs and standards, even at the cost of other people. No "hate" though, just pity and dislike.
ok, i recant my former claim. just pity and dislike goes does go both ways though...

Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You don't see the difference, do you? When we are talking about fundamentalists, we are talking about your beliefs and the things you do to harm others, whether purposely or not.

When you are talking about gay people, you aren't talking beliefs. You aren't simply saying, "Well, I disagree with you about gay people, and here's why." No, you are trying to deny them basic rights, such as marriage and the ability to shop where they want to. You are telling them that you despise everything that they are, that they are abominations headed for an eternity of torture for loving someone of the same sex... Do you see gay people trying to deny basic rights to fundamentalists? Do you see them advocating for different treatment of fundamentalists? No. You see them asking fundamentalists to follow the law, and stop discriminating against them

These two things are in no way similar. At all. The fact that you think they are only shows how out of touch with reality you truly are.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
Quote:
there are many studies that have findings that claim yes, they are born that way and no, they are not. it just depends on which side of the fence you're on in regards to what you believe.
You mean it depends on if your narrow-mindedness and prejudice overwhelms your decency, empathy, and common sense.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:56 AM

14 posts, read 5,067 times
News flash the Bible is the mark of the beast taken in hand than read to forehead. You think it is holy you are marked in the beast. You see its evil you are not marked in the beast. It is that simple and no religion or religious book varies from this fact to date. I am in fact a true God judged pure of heart and Chosen by his Spoken word. Devils were there to bare witness.

This is a perfect example Hate made for anyone loving outside what we are taught to love. Love is never wrong or a sin. and sexual relations are a free choice and not sin. GAY PEOPLE DO NOT TEND TO MAKE MORE SOULS FOR HIM TO ABUSE! It is that simple. and he created a word for you to hate them by! same as he gave christians a reason to hate other religions.

The problem the Devil has with this is simple he wants to kill as many humans with disease and age as possible before he and his kind are made to stop.

So anything he can teach you that will make you feel just in cause for your hate for another he and his kind will empower. If religion was the answer than why is it that they all differ and lead to hate and killing all those that oppose what ever book you follow? You think I lie? OKAY THAN EXPLAIN WHAT HELL IS TO ME AND HOW THAT DIFFERS FROM WHAT I JUST SAID! IF DEATH WAS THE ANSWER THAN WHY DO DEVILS STILL LIVE IN ETERNAL FLESH? THE MASSES ARE FALLEN AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. I AM THE FIRST TRUE PROPHET TO KNOW THE HOW AND WHY OF IT!

THIS WAS ALLOWED FOR THE LESSON IN EXPERIENCE OF BEING EXPOSED TO EVIL BUT THAT TIME NEARS ITS END. LUCIFER AND HIS FAMILY BLAME ME FOR THAT AS HE CHANTS I HATE YOU IN MY EARS EVERY WAKING HOUR! THIS IS NEARLY OVER JUST TRY TO BE GOOD!

Last edited by Prophet Tom; 11-26-2018 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: MISSPELLED WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity