Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 04:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiedorite View Post
Look, I've read a lot in this thread and if you want to be a homosexual, then go for it but don';t try to push it off on others-especially our schools like some have done in recent years. Homosexuality is wrong according to the Bible and if you don't like that, you can tear that particular page out of the Bible but that won't make it right. Even nature has rules as does God and if you don't want to follow them then go your way but one day we will all stand before an almighty God and give an account of ourselves and what we've done on earth. He won't force himself off on anyone regardless of need.
So this thread may as well be closed, I'm not into people trying to justify sin.
Case in point....

Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,967,014 times
Quote:
Look, I've read a lot in this thread and if you want to be a homosexual, then go for it but don';t try to push it off on others-especially our schools like some have done in recent years. Homosexuality is wrong according to the Bible and if you don't like that, you can tear that particular page out of the Bible but that won't make it right. Even nature has rules as does God and if you don't want to follow them then go your way but one day we will all stand before an almighty God and give an account of ourselves and what we've done on earth. He won't force himself off on anyone regardless of need.
So this thread may as well be closed, I'm not into people trying to justify sin.
The above example of homophobia as well as scriptural ineptness and just plain nonsense makes it impossible to respond with anything more than these few lines. Sorry, Debbie.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:13 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,756,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And you continue to waste your time. I will not look at your link or respond to your comments until you learn to have some maturity and make a post that is not a direct personal attack. Calling me stupid gets you slapped with the ignore button from me. Sadly you seem incapable of having to use this crutch to prop up tissue thin arguments.
You are personally attacking gays by insisting they can't shop where they wish, worship where they wish, get married to whom they wish. You are an abomination, plain and simple.

We already KNEW you wouldn't read the link or go to it. Your bigotry is too ingrained. And man, do you have a bunch of idiots at Chick-fil-a trying to be just like you-----

Quote:
Like many evangelical Christians, the Green family of Oklahoma City believes that America was founded on a “biblical worldview as a Christian nation.” But the Greens are far from typical evangelicals in other ways. The billionaire owners of Hobby Lobby, a huge nationwide chain of craft stores, the Greens came to national attention in 2014 after successfully suing the federal government over their religious objections to provisions of the Affordable Care Act. What is less widely known is that the Greens are now America’s biggest financial supporters of Christian causes―and they are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in an ambitious effort to increase the Bible’s influence on American society. In Bible Nation, Candida Moss and Joel Baden provide the first in-depth investigative account of the Greens’ sweeping Bible projects and the many questions they raise.

Bible Nation tells the story of the Greens’ rapid acquisition of an unparalleled collection of biblical antiquities; their creation of a closely controlled group of scholars to study and promote their collection; their efforts to place a Bible curriculum in public schools; and their construction of a $500 million Museum of the Bible near the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Bible Nation reveals how these seemingly disparate initiatives promote a very particular set of beliefs about the Bible―and raise serious ethical questions about the trade in biblical antiquities, the integrity of academic research, and more.

Bible Nation is an important and timely account of how a vast private fortune is being used to promote personal faith in the public sphere―and why it should matter to everyone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/06...t_bibl_vppi_i0
Far from being persecuted, you and your ilk are the persecutors, the enemy of both a free America and freedom in Jesus. Your attempt is no less than turning our nation into a theocracy similar to what fundamentalist Muslims wish to do in the Middle East.

I'm required to speak up, because, like the German people prior to the rise of Adolf, people like you are reveling in the opportunity to discriminate in mass against LGBTQ people. All it takes for tyranny to rise is for good people to fail to speak up. Look at our country now!!!

Old 11-26-2018, 04:24 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
You deserve a medal Warden.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,756,417 times
Quote:
You are trying to jam the Bible back into schools, despite the fact that our history has at least one case of that resulting in the death of citizens.

Quote:
Anti-Catholic agitation increased in the early 1840s, organized in part around a perceived threat to the Bible in the public schools.
----------------
On May 6, the nativists reassembled in Kensington, provoking another fight, during which a young nativist named George Shiffler (1825-44) was fatally shot. By day’s end, a second man—apparently a bystander—was dead, and several more nativists were wounded, two mortally.
-----------------
On May 8, mobs gutted several private dwellings (including Hugh Clark’s house), a Catholic seminary, and two Catholic churches: St. Michael’s at Second Street and Master and St. Augustine’s at Fourth and Vine. Only a flood of new forces—including citizen posses, city police, militia companies arriving from other cities, and U.S. army and navy troops—ended the violence by May 10.
https://philadelphiaencyclopedia.org...riots-of-1844/

So, yes, you and your ilk are a DANGER to society, cultish as you are.

And if you want to follow nature and "natural" then explain why virtually all species we have studied have a homosexual element within them, many with far more homosexuality than humans. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior )

God made them all. Did He create them in "sin?"

Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,967,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
I was born as all people are born. Given a unique identity and a soul. My life experiences played a role in shaping my attractions, not genetics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So, how old were you when you decided you were straight?
That's assuming that he is straight. Jeff does a great deal of protesting ...much more so than the Bible does.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 569,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The above example of homophobia as well as scriptural ineptness and just plain nonsense makes it impossible to respond with anything more than these few lines. Sorry, Debbie.

Your response is religophobic.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
More like fundieaware.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:02 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Are you the universalist equivalent of our eternal tormentor friend Vizio ?

Old 11-26-2018, 05:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,480,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I was born as all people are born. Given a unique identity and a soul. My life experiences played a role in shaping my attractions, not genetics.
Ken or Barbie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.