Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 11:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok, lets not assume. Lets just say that you don't want to talk about it. But then again, - who cares.
You, apparently.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:41 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,401 times
Quote:
That is what you have been brainwashed to believe. I disagree. Have a nice day.
I find it quite humorous, that a fundie would tell someone they are brainwashed. I just lol'd while reading it.

Quote:
It just happens to be one of the many sexual acts God found wrong. Sorry if it offends you, but it has nothing to do with any pagan ritual. The Bible sandwiches gay sex between human sacrifice and sex with animals.
So your God apparently has the same idiotic thinking you and Jeff do. Being gay, or having gay sex, has nothing to do with any of those things.

Quote:
“‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

“‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

“‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

“‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
All of these either involve harming someone else, potentially harming someone else, or incest. Hardly the same as being gay. At least to non-Neanderthals

Quote:
“‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
Why not? As long as the woman is fine, what's the harm?

Quote:
“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Again, why? Why does your God care so much about who people have sex with? Why is he more concerned with that, than starving children, high crime rates, and terrorists who kill, harass, and demean in his name?

Quote:
“‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
Stupid to even put this in the same post. Unless you are a mental midget, you would know how different this is from things like gay sex... Same goes for all of the previous ones too. But, we all know you and Jeff just can't help but compare being gay to screwing your sister/daughter and screwing animals... Why is your mind so far into the gutter, anyways? Between you and Jeff, you think more about kinky and disgusting things than any others on this site. Combined.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:46 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
That is what you have been brainwashed to believe. I disagree. Have a nice day.

It just happens to be one of the many sexual acts God found wrong. Sorry if it offends you, but it has nothing to do with any pagan ritual. The Bible sandwiches gay sex between human sacrifice and sex with animals.

The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

“‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

“‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

“‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

“‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

“‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
If you commited every single one of them it is not the end of the world, even in God's eyes. Am i making light of something? Certainly not, but where assumed sin(and that's all it is) abounds, grace superabounds. Sadly you have drew a line of law in the dirt( a place where carnal thinking makes its judgement) and made a hit parade of sin, where your sin does not make the top 100, so God winks at your sin, nah Finn being a geezer with a huge plank in eye is a sin that will never make the top 100. The Jeff Base40 group though with their new hit single "Sing if you're glad to be gay" might just make the top 20 pop pickers.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Stupid to even put this in the same post. Unless you are a mental midget, you would know how different this is from things like gay sex...
Same post? They are verses from the Bible. I did not re-arrange them.

We already know the Bible offends you, so maybe its best if you just ignore it.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:

So you wil not accept the scriptures which tell us who the offended are, but you embrace the ones you think are condemning homosexuality. Case closed. You are offended by the scriptures and homosexuality, even though it does affect your life in any way, shape or form, other than your own struggles with it.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:07 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,748,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you commited every single one of them it is not the end of the world, even in God's eyes. Am i making light of something? Certainly not, but where assumed sin(and that's all it is) abounds, grace superabounds. Sadly you have drew a line of law in the dirt( a place where carnal thinking makes its judgement) and made a hit parade of sin, where your sin does not make the top 100, so God winks at your sin, nah Finn being a geezer with a huge plank in eye is a sin that will never make the top 100. The Jeff Base40 group though with their new hit single "Sing if you're glad to be gay" might just make the top 20 pop pickers.
Unfortuately for your position, the Bible disagrees. The Bible talks against sexual sin in the strongest language possible. It shows here how it is much worse than other sins:

Quote:

15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[b] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 1 Corinthins 6:15-18.

Look at those verses carefully. It is telling people to run if you have to from this sin! It is that dangerous. You are sinning against your own body. Course there can be physical consequences to your body like STDs but spiritual consequences as well.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:27 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,438 times
One day You well stumble into what you hate the most and fall into a pit, then once you see what you fell into after, you will regret and hate yourself for hating what you fear

Old 06-14-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:

I don't care if God whispered them into your ear, Finn. To even try and compare all of those things with homosexuality is ridiculously stupid.

And as I have said before, which you conveniently have forgotten I guess, is that the Bible does not offend me. Ignorant people who use it to further their agenda of divisiveness and hatred do though. You know, like you and Jeff.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Unfortuately for your position, the Bible disagrees. The Bible talks against sexual sin in the strongest language possible. It shows here how it is much worse than other sins:
So sexual sin, in your eyes, is worse than other sins? Give me ONE good reason why that would be. Just one.

I mean, we all know that your version of God hates gays more than murders and rapists, but I would like to hear why you think that.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Look at those verses carefully. It is telling people to run if you have to from this sin! It is that dangerous. You are sinning against your own body. Course there can be physical consequences to your body like STDs but spiritual consequences as well.
That is why Jesus continually spoke against hypocrisy of the fundies. Your issue like every other fundy under the sun is believing the bible over Jesus.

He said you believe in God, believe also me. Let's not beat about the bush God to the fundamentalist is the bible. You never hear any of you, say "Jesus said", but you are always saying "the bible says".

Again, you fundamentalists are more concerned with sin than God is. God sees the world how he desires and sends the word out to accomplish it. Everything one day and i mean everything will be God manifest, the fullfillment of the grand plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.