Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 06:34 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Are they bigoted fundamentalist bakeries or a social media with rules of etiquette?
How about bigoted leftists that hate religion?

Honestly...does it matter? Free speech is free speech and freedom to practice religion is freedom to practice religion. Whether it’s a web site or a bakery, a private business has a right to operate as they choose.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And we've seen how your side has dragged our nation into garbageland when you vote and get your way. Epic suicide rates, mass shooting etc...
He’s from Canada, isn’t he? Nuff said. Not exactly the home of the free.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Honestly...does it matter? Free speech is free speech and freedom to practice religion is freedom to practice religion. Whether it’s a web site or a bakery, a private business has a right to operate as they choose.
No one "hates" religion, but those of us who see no evidence of a celestial entity the is all powerful do hate the actions of some of proponents who want to shove their religious beliefs down everyone else's throat. The term used is the Christian Taliban, and it is so appropriate.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:43 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
I spend six months in each country. From my perspective, I see more freedom in Canada on many, many issues. The amount of regulations I see in the USA drives me nuts sometimes, as many make no sense. Name me one freedom you think the USA has that Canada has not. Just one will do.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
And we've seen how your side has dragged our nation into garbageland when you vote and get your way. Epic suicide rates, mass shooting etc...
If you ever manage to raise your nose from your navel, jeffie, you might note that I do not live your country.

My country is not dealing with epic suicide rates and we have a terrible mass shooting perhaps once every 20 years - not every month or two.

Quote:
LOL.

Like you would know anything.

About anything.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:29 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you ever manage to raise your nose from your navel, jeffie, you might note that I do not live your country.

My country is not dealing with epic suicide rates and we have a terrible mass shooting perhaps once every 20 years - not every month or two.

Then stop pretending that you an expert on Christianity in America.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
And we've seen how your side has dragged our nation into garbage land when you vote and get your way. Epic suicide rates, mass shooting etc...
This is not the politics forum, although the vast majority have already voted.
Now, can you set-aside your prejudicial and discriminatory views?

Old 06-14-2019, 07:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
By that standard, if Facebook lets some users post, they must let all users post. Or Twitter, or Youtube, or even CityData. But we know that's not what happens.

Weird how the standard only works one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Are they bigoted fundamentalist bakeries or a social media with rules of etiquette?
Quote:

I am not from the left or right, and I do not follow any political party line. However, "freedom of religion" also means "freedom from religion." In other words, you can believe whatever you want, but others have the right NOT to believe the same things you do, or NOT to believe in anything at all. And, no, a business that caters to the public does NOT have the right to discriminate regardless of what they believe. You can say what you want, but you still need to follow the law which is there to protect society as a whole, whether you like that or NOT is again - irrelevant. Your beliefs are NOT the trump-card.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:03 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Your christ was most likely gay.

You believe you and your christ have a lot in common I’ll bet?
why would the Lord of creation want a ugly man.. or fake woman..?

so it is like this story..
Quote:
A man on the phone today told me it was his and his wife’s anniversary, he said “49 years today! You know we signed a prenup and it said if she leaves I’m going with her... find your soul mate and never let go” and then I was tearing up by the end.
only it is more than 2000+ years after he died so that he could raise his own children from the dead( Isa 53).. and everyone elses to be raised in his kingdom ..... and if she leaves He is still going with her!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-14-2019 at 08:13 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 08:41 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
They refer to sexual rituals performed in pagan establishments, Finn. It's the worship of idols (a violation of the 1st commandment of the Big Ten) that these scriptures are addressing and condemning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is what you have been brainwashed to believe. I disagree. Have a nice day.

It just happens to be one of the many sexual acts God found wrong. Sorry if it offends you, but it has nothing to do with any pagan ritual. The Bible sandwiches gay sex between human sacrifice and sex with animals.
Yes, it does. And this should be your clue. Rather than quote the entire Leviticus passage I will isolate the commands you mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
“‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
You will note that the command list in Leviticus abruptly changes as it moves into the idolatry phase. In verse 21, Molech, the idol to which children were sacrificed, is brought into the mix. You will also notice that 'God' offers no sympathy for the child being sacrificed but rather that His nose is out of joint because an idol, Molech, is being worshiped rather than He. But, I digress.

While still in the 'idolatry' phase, next (verse 22) comes the 'man lying with man' part which, while one can only guess what this actually means, certainly indicates that a specific idol worship practice is being spoken of here. We know that sexual rituals were common place in pagan religious establishments and that male prostitutes were affiliated WITH idolatry practices. There is NO reason to believe that verse 22 is speaking to anything other than idolatry.

The next verse (23) appears to be, yet again, referring to sexual practices performed with animals as in idolatry. As Paul mentions in Romans 1:18-27, people worshiped animals, birds, reptiles, etc. so it's really not too much a stretch to believe that animals were considered to be a sacred link to the idols and that women would desire sex with them. This verse in Leviticus is describing yet another idolatry practice. When it comes to religious practices, especially the religious practices of the ancient people, one must suspend any logical approach they may normally use and simply acknowledge that 'this was the way it was'.

Is my above evaluation of verses 21-23 of any value to you, Finn?

That said, I want to make it clear that pondering over the 'Holiness Code' of the Levi Tribe is not normally on my list of 'to do' bedside reading materials. Nor do I start my day browsing over those Leviticus texts just to make sure that I don't foul up and violate any of those commands when I leave the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity