Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 04:55 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Wardendresden crushed you so many times. I'd run and hide from him to if I were you.
Yea telling me to burn in hell, comparing us to Nazis and lying that I am gay was really crushing it huh? The guy has only destroyed his testimony of claiming to be a good Christ follower.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
In reality you have often answered this question and have received a variety of answers. It is nit true to say that it has not been answered. It is true though that not all 0eople have given the same answer but that is not what you are claming.

You have also refused t9 accept that the term informed consent is a reason to accept some types of relationships and not others. When a man has sex wirh a wonan, if it is without her informed consent then it too is not a moral act. You have asked why not incest rial , underage or bestiality marriages and have often been answered. To say otherwise is dishonest.
This coming from a man who LIED that I want gays executed. COMPLETE FILTH from your mouth. Atheists will say or believe anything without question if it goes against Christianity. ANYTHING.

Last edited by jeffbase40; 06-18-2019 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 05:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This coming from a man who LIED that I want gays executed. COMPLETE FILTH from your mouth. Atheists will say or believe anything without question if it goes against Christianity. ANYTHING.
You're getting quiet vitriolic Jeff. You OK?

Old 06-18-2019, 05:33 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
Quote:
This coming from a man who LIED that I want gays executed. COMPLETE FILTH from your mouth. All you want to do is try to antagonize me and I'm fed up with your garbage. And to think I once paid a nice compliment about your family. And you spit back in my face. That's typical of atheists. It's all about hating God's people with your ilk. Apologize or be blocked.
That's the way to hear only what you want to hear---block EVERYBODY. You are far more interested in your own view anyway.

And, no, I am not a "nice" Jesus follower. I am His Ha-Satan, here to accuse you of your sinfulness. I told Jesus I was sorry to be right about you, but it's His job to deal with you. My job is to protect the innocent from your diatribes on "sin." I will continue to point out how unbiblical your views are, how ignorant you are of the Bible, and how selfish you are to continue demanding rights that your Book says no "christian" should ever demand:

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Phil. 2:3

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Rom. 13: 8-10

So don't tell us you are a Bible believer. You are a hypocrite. The best of the Bible you reject, the rest you elevate beyond proportion to its place in Scripture.

No response to my post 8234, eh? Everyone sees you dodge tough questions which arise from your stupid assumptions about what the Bible says. And, yes, they are very, very STUPID. Prostitution, incest---none of it seemed to bother God much among His people. Adultery on the other hand---almost universally condemned by a dozen or more writers. Because that is the sin you allow in your church--and you forgive them, associate with them, bake cakes for them, eat with them and respect them when the Bible does not.

I'm not saying God has abandoned them, but they live in sin continually. My own evangelical sister is one of them!!! And even she admits there is no such thing as "I sinned once, and then God forgave me, and sleeping with my current husband (4 times married) is not displeasing to God."

Your problem is failure to accept who you are both as a person and spiritually. In need of professional help and in need of a Savior who you will actually try to FOLLOW, instead of using religion to support your biases.

Your religion is based on protecting you and yours for improper privilege while denying justice and fairness for others. You esteem yourself more highly than others and that is sin.
As Edmund Burke so aptly put it:
---what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:48 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Jeff, i think if you begin to see Jesus in the homosexuals, you will overcome your prejudices. You will no longer be concerned in the way you are now.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
Quote:
Actually, most of them have a better grip of reality on morality toward all human beings. You don't. You "try" to avoid sin and do good to get your ticket punched for Heaven. Most of them do good because it is good and avoid evil because it is evil. That is a much more respectable and laudable reason for doing so than a "reward."

And it's more than that. You need a Book to tell you what is moral or immoral. Atheists need only their conscience and don't find so much immorality in the world so do not make the finger pointing judgments you do.

So if you weren't a believer would you be a murderer, rapist, bank robber or pedophile? Or are you worried about God "getting" you for it. Atheists are actually LESS likely to be any of those things without worrying about "God" looking over their shoulder. It's part of their DNA, not part of their religious beliefs.

Predators don't hide in atheism, but religion is a great place for them because people like you can't believe they can talk "so good," but be "so bad," sort of like your continued defense of Josh Duggar until he, himself, admitted he was an adulterer.

You need to try to be more like atheists. It would be a tremendous improvement.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jeff, i think if you begin to see Jesus in the homosexuals, you will overcome your prejudices. You will no longer be concerned in the way you are now.
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.” Matthew 15:19-20

There ya go. Jesus is pairing evil thoughts with sexual immorality which includes homosexuality. I don't see Jesus in sinful behavior. If you do then you follow a false Christ.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
jeff is trapped deep down the fundie rabbit hole.

Everything is dark there and he has lost his sense of "up" -- where the light is.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:57 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.” Matthew 15:19-20

There ya go. Jesus is pairing evil thoughts with sexual immorality which includes homosexuality. I don't see Jesus in sinful behavior. If you do then you follow a false Christ.
If i make my bed in hell, you are there. You need to learn the ability to see beyond sin or what you assume is sin.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,339,457 times
Quote:
When did I say that you wanted gays executed? I gave examples of Christians who did and asked you if you want that too. Asking and claiming that you do are different. Please refer to the post that you claim that I stated that you did want gays executed.

Broad paintbrush you are using. No other atheists should ever be held responsible for my words or deeds. If you insist that they should be then why don't you take responsibility for the words of that Tennessee pastor? You shouldn't and neither should your claim be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity