Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 01:30 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No one has suggested they shouldn't. The fact that you and others continue misrepresent Christian's perspective and suggest that we do is what is "bashing". The nonstop lies and deception, slander, and attacks is what is bashing.
Yes, they have. Either you are extremely naive, or you haven't paid the least bit of attention to this site, and this topic in particular. Your buddy Jeff is one of them. He believes people should have the right to discriminate against gay people. If that isn't the same thing as not treating them equally, I am not sure what you would consider "equal". There are other examples as well, you have just either ignored them, or haven't seen them.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, this is you re-wording things again.

"Bashing Christians" is self explanatory, and it has nothing to do with anyone saying gays should be treated equally.

Bashing = Verbal or physical assault.

I wish you would stick to saying gays should be treated equally, and leave the bashing out of it.

IMO It is the bashing which has caused the support for LBGT individuals to plummet, as the polls so clearly show.
I am so happy you jumped on this, Finn, because I am about to do to you, what you do to everyone else on here....

No, I am not bashing Christians at all. I am merely bashing their beliefs of bigotry, ignorance, and discrimination.

See, I can play word games too, Finny.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I am so happy you jumped on this, Finn, because I am about to do to you, what you do to everyone else on here....

No, I am not bashing Christians at all. I am merely bashing their beliefs of bigotry, ignorance, and discrimination.

See, I can play word games too, Finny.
I know you can play word games, since you never do anything but.

When you say things like "you are a coward and a liar" (like you did) or call people names (like you routinely do), you are attacking the person, not their beliefs.

Besides, attacking a persons religious beliefs is considered a personal attack as per forum rules.

Rules:

Quote:
But what is NOT acceptable, and what takes place on this forum every day is to attack that person for what in essence, is an integral part of who they are in what is highly personal to them in their perception of Christianity, and scripture, and is something they base their live's on, and what greatly defines who they are as individuals upon.

WHAT IS BEING MANDATED IS HAVING RESPECT IN ONE'S POST TOWARDS THOSE WITH WHOM ONE ADAMANTLY DISAGREES, no matter how adamantly you disagree with or feel another member's beliefs are wrong, BUT IT CANNOT BE DONE IN AN ATTACKING WAY, WHEREBY THE INDIVIDUAL HIM/HERSELF IS BEING ATTACKED BASED ON THEIR OWN PERSONAL BELIEFS.

By outright attacking another member's beliefs in their interpretation of, and understanding of Christianity, you are attacking that person. You are attacking that person inasmuch as their beliefs contribute greatly to who they are as people. This will no longer be tolerated. Despite the inevitable disagreements among members, these disagreements must be constructed in one's posts, where the member him/herself is not personally attacked for what they believe.

Should this occur, infractions will be issued as being "personal attacks."

Old 07-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I know you can play word games, since you never do anything but.

When you say things like "you are a coward and a liar" (like you did) or call people names (like you routinely do), you are attacking the person, not their beliefs.

Besides, attacking a persons religious beliefs is considered a personal attack as per forum rules.

Rules:
I'm not attacking your religious beliefs themselves, Finn. I am attacking the way you use them to discriminate against gay people. You being fundies, not you specifically. Same way I would attack someone using any other belief to justify discrimination.

Let's get one thing straight, okay? I don't give a single rat's behind what you believe. As soon as you start using those beliefs to discriminate, bully, demean, or force others to conform to them, we have a problem. The sooner you understand that, the easier life will be for you. No one cares about what you "believe", they care about the fact that you use your beliefs as a shield for bigotry.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's No, I am not bashing Christians at all. I am merely bashing their beliefs of bigotry, ignorance, and discrimination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I'm not attacking your religious beliefs themselves, Finn. I am attacking the way you use them to discriminate against gay people. You being fundies, not you specifically. Same way I would attack someone using any other belief to justify discrimination.

Let's get one thing straight, okay? I don't give a single rat's behind what you believe. As soon as you start using those beliefs to discriminate, bully, demean, or force others to conform to them, we have a problem. The sooner you understand that, the easier life will be for you. No one cares about what you "believe", they care about the fact that you use your beliefs as a shield for bigotry.
Ah, moving the goal posts....

What else is new.

All I see is an hysterical person screaming at people while hiding behind a fake story about them being guilty of some imaginary crimes.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:20 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Yes, you. Everyone knows you are the Nazi-card waiver.

Yes, we know you call us Nazis because of our religious beliefs. Its called religious discrimination / bigotry / intolerance.

The problem with your "argument" is that no one here has called for the destruction of gays. Not one person. The Bible speaks about the Jewish law at that time, and you are militantly demanding others to reject it or be called a Nazi.
You have not rejected the OT interpretation of homosexuals as “abominations.” You either firmly cling to that mistranslation or you reject the OT as 100% inspired?

Which is it lying Finn? Are you remaining in bed with Third Reich policy regarding homosexuals or are you rejecting your “word of god” as literal truth.

You’ve painted yourself into the corner, so now we enjoy watching you practice the art of lying to yourself.
“Tell a lie long enough and others will begin to believe it and you will even begin to believe it yourself.” Joseph Goebbels, your hero.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

What else is new.

All I see is an hysterical person screaming at people while hiding behind a fake story about them being guilty of some imaginary crimes.
That's only because you're a dishonest hypocrite.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:

What else is new.

Is your religious belief bigotry, ignorance, and discrimination, Finn? Because that seems to be what you are saying, because otherwise, you just proved me right.

So which is it? Am I bashing your religious beliefs (meaning your religious beliefs are bigotry, ignorance, and discrimination), or was I right when I said I wasn't bashing your religious beliefs??

Old 07-10-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's only because you're a dishonest hypocrite.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You have not rejected the OT interpretation of homosexuals as “abominations.” You either firmly cling to that mistranslation or you reject the OT as 100% inspired?

Which is it lying Finn? Are you remaining in bed with Third Reich policy regarding homosexuals or are you rejecting your “word of god” as literal truth.

You’ve painted yourself into the corner, so now we enjoy watching you practice the art of lying to yourself.
“Tell a lie long enough and others will begin to believe it and you will even begin to believe it yourself.” Joseph Goebbels, your hero.
I am not rejecting the scriptures just because they offend you, or because you and your fellow gay agenda pushers define them using the worst words they can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.