Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 01:21 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"]Finn, I've previously asked this question of Jeff several times and, while I give him credit for at least responding, he just gives out the same red herrings about Jesus being obedient to the 'sin part' of Leviticus 20:13 but not the 'they shall surely be put to death' part. SO, as you are a professed Bible-believing Christian, do YOU believe Leviticus 20:13 to be applicable in its entirety? If not, what biblical method or Bible passage do you use to separate the first part from the last part?
Ok, can you explain to me why it is impossible for Jesus to agree that the laws defined sin and that never changed while He still paid the death penalty? It would be like someone going to jail for you after you robbed the bank and then claiming that bank robbery is no longer wrong.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
None of us have issues with equal rights. Not Finn, not me, no jeff, no one here.
Bovine excrement. You, Finny and jeff have had your panties in a wad since SSM was made legal. Your hysterical tirades defending the bigoted cake maker and attacking the lesbian couple are part of CD lore.

How many gay couples are in your congregation?

How many gay pastors?

How many women pastors?

You believe in equal rights except for those you deem lesser humans.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:25 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Do you believe that religious rights supercede secular rights even if those religious rights are not in your Holy Book?

And do you think a person standing up for their rights should be classed as a bully?

Two simple questions that you should be able to address.
Again, misrepresenting us.

I do not believe religious rights supersede anyone else's rights. Nor does one's hatred of religion supersede the religious rights of an individual. Nor does anyone have any special rights based on either.

But when you define the terms, it's crazy how you can put words in our mouths and redefine what we actually believe.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Summary of the thousands pages:

To anyone who doesn't support gays:

"You're a bigot and a coward!"

"You're a Nazi!. No wait, you are even worse than Nazis!"

"You're a hypocrite! OH yea, and the king of stupidity too!"

And several posts from Romulus stating the Bible verses that state homosexuality is a sin don't really state homosexuality is a sin. Apparently it's impossible for such a thing to have existed in biblical times because they didn't have an actual word for it.
You are missing the comments about some languages translated that one verse to say a man should not lie with a boy as he does a woman or the comments that claim that what you refer to as homosexual acts were referring to temple prostitution.

As well as gays are bullies, they wish to destroy Christainity, they can't be Christians or that those who support gays are against Christians.

If you are going to summarize the thread might be best to summarize both "sides"

And name calling and insults thrown in both directions

Old 07-11-2019, 01:32 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Yet, another example of the intolerance and punishment thrown at anyone who does not support LBGT. This time, it's children being punished. Sad.
Quote:

A British teacher punished a 10-year-old boy and girl by kicking them out of class for five days after they objected to LGBT-themed lessons as part of Gay Pride Month, according to their parents and a British Christian organization.

The teacher was leading an LGBT lesson June 20 for fifth graders at Heavers Farmer Primary School in South London when a 10-year-old boy named Farrell asked, “Sir, please may I not take part in this lesson?” The teacher had been handing out LGBT material for coloring.

The teacher refused and said it was part of the curriculum, according to Christian Concern.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/c...t-lessons.html

Replacing intolerance with intolerance does not make for a better society.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are missing the comments about some languages translated that one verse to say a man should not lie with a boy as he does a woman or the comments that claim that what you refer to as homosexual acts were referring to temple prostitution.
That is a complete fabrication. Nothing in the text remotely states that. Nowhere does the Bible suggest that God smiles upon, or intend for same sex sexual relationships or marriages. To suggest otherwise does violence to our religion. You can claim some victim status as if you are hurt by that statement, but to make the claim you're making insults all of orthodox Christian teaching for the past 2000 years. Please stop that.
Quote:

As well as gays are bullies, they wish to destroy Christainity, they can't be Christians or that those who support gays are against Christians.

If you are going to summarize the thread might be best to summarize both "sides"

And name calling and insults thrown in both directions
All we know is that the supposedly victimized group has been trying destroy flower shops, bakeries, chicken restaurants, etc that dare to go against their views for the past 10 years.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:44 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Again, misrepresenting us.

I do not believe religious rights supersede anyone else's rights. Nor does one's hatred of religion supersede the religious rights of an individual. Nor does anyone have any special rights based on either.

But when you define the terms, it's crazy how you can put words in our mouths and redefine what we actually believe.
Is it wrong to ask a Christian a question. I have no idea of how I put words in anyone's mouth when I never made a statement about anyone.

I was curious about how you handle the rights of two lesbians ordering a cake and the rights of the baker refusing to. So where do you stand on does the baker have to bake the wedding cake if the state law includes sexual orientation? Not sure why a simple question you find offensive. Can you not just explain to me does the baker have to bake the cake or not? If you have absolutely no opinion on the matter you can answer that. But how does that question misrepresent a single person anywhere.

As far as calling gays bullies, read the many times that Jeff has called gays bullies and claimed that they are anti Christian. Ignore that part of my question if somehow you have never read about gays being bullies for ordering wedding cakes or that the gay agenda is to destroy Christians. I thought perhaps you read all the posts.

One addition question, what term did I even define? If you claim that Christians support equal rights for gays and some say that Christians should be able to refuse to support a sinful celebration by refusing to supply the cake I am left with the question of how does this get settled hence I asked you. Apparently you were not willing to answer the question. Many posts are follow ups of others either refusing to answer a question or posters being vague on what the mean.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:44 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
None of us have issues with equal rights. Not Finn, not me, no jeff, no one here.
of course you don't.

Its your gang leader that does. You are apart of the gang, aren't you BFun?

Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Summary of the thousands pages:

To anyone who doesn't support gays:

"You're a bigot and a coward!"

"You're a Nazi!. No wait, you are even worse than Nazis!"

"You're a hypocrite! OH yea, and the king of stupidity too!"

And several posts from Romulus stating the Bible verses that state homosexuality is a sin don't really state homosexuality is a sin. Apparently it's impossible for such a thing to have existed in biblical times because they didn't have an actual word for it.
We also learned you needed to choose to not have sex with animals.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:52 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Really? So none of you think it is okay to discriminate against gay people? Have you guys changed your minds? Because you sure used to....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity