Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 10:22 AM

10,095 posts, read 5,746,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are intolerant of people you disagree with, while accusing them of intolerance, which pretty much defines the word "hypocrite".
I bet she is still pretending that I am actually having a conversation with her. lol In dozens perhaps hundreds of exchanges, not a single one that wasn't angry and very rude in tone to me.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A bigoted person doesn't tolerate the opinions of others; and never rethinks his position.
Kinda the way the masses here treat "fundies" ( a derogatory term too)

Old 07-12-2019, 10:24 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,609,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet she is still pretending that I am actually having a conversation with her. lol In dozens perhaps hundreds of exchanges, not a single one that wasn't angry and very rude in tone to me.
I bet Jeff is still too much of a coward to take me off of his block list, but will still continue to complain about me making him look like an idiot while he doesn't respond. Having me blocked does not, and will not, keep me from responding to Jeff's stupidity.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are looking at it backwards at least in our cases. All of our cultural, family, peers pressures aND being accepted by others is for me to be attracted to females. If I spent my entire growing up period suppressing my true feelings and was indoctrinated that same sex attraction was not normal or natural and feared being kicked out of my family, lose all my friends and be an outcast, I can see where a life time of believing opposite sex was the only right wsy, then I might try it to try to make myself believe I am normal. Could I do it? I don't know, I have never been it that positiin. But your question is the opposite, can I overcome my natural attraction to females to try to go against what society and family have expected of me to be attracted to other males. That is now going against both myself and society which is much greater of a challenge.
You act like society, family or friends would outcast you if you did not run out and get in a relationship.
Why couldn't you say that you were just more focused on career or volunteer work instead of making a life pursuit to find a partner? I can't imagine many peers or families giving someone grief because they chose not to date.

Quote:

You really have no understanding of what a lifetime of indoctrination about what is normal does to a person,, it makes s9me marry the opposite gender of that which they are attracted to, causes others to fly planes into buildings and still others to not be able to accept that same sex attraction is the normal for a minority of people. LBGT people are one group you appear to totally lack emphathy with. How do you know switching is easy for non bi people? Maybe it is a very horrible, terrible suffering ordeal that the go through.
How do you know I have no empathy? See, there you go against with the judgemental crap based solely on some internet posts. Stick to the facts and what you can prove. If switching wasn't easy, they wouldn't do it so often or just use the "I can't make up my mind" some I'm bi label.

Quote:

Yes people have the choice if they are going to have sexual relationships or not. Hetrosexuals, homosexuals and bisexuals should never be forced into a sexual encounter. Nor should animals. That is why informed sexual consent is essential. We agree about extra marriage relationships and disagree upon same sex and pre marital sex however this is a different discussion.
Then a lesbian shouldnt have to feel forced to have sex with a man to please her peers. I seriously doubt that is what is going on here especially considering the vast majority have had relations with male partners.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A bigoted person doesn't tolerate the opinions of others; and never rethinks his position.
Quote:
Kinda the way the masses here treat "fundies" ( a derogatory term too)
Apparently, you have dug yourself a deep hole, which doesn't allow for rethinking your position?
But at the very least, you have been honest about your views of discriminating against others.

It's your religious right to discriminate based on what it is you believe, regardless of the law.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Anger and rudeness is the natural tongue of the agenda.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:05 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,609,648 times
Quote:
How do you know I have no empathy? See, there you go against with the judgemental crap based solely on some internet posts. Stick to the facts and what you can prove. If switching wasn't easy, they wouldn't do it so often or just use the "I can't make up my mind" some I'm bi label.
Here is Jeff, again showing he knows nothing at all about human sexuality. I am bi. It has nothing to do with "making up my mind". I am attracted to both, and have dated both. I wasn't changing my mind, I was dating people I found attractive and liked to be around.

Maybe if Jeff was smart enough to understand something other than black and white thinking, he would get it.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
Quote:
You act like society, family or friends would outcast you if you did not run out and get in a relationship.
Why couldn't you say that you were just more focused on career or volunteer work instead of making a life pursuit to find a partner? I can't imagine many peers or families giving someone grief because they chose not to date.

Then a lesbian shouldnt have to feel forced to have sex with a man to please her peers. I seriously doubt that is what is going on here especially considering the vast majority have had relations with male partners.
You are being very judgemental about LBGT folks. Very judgemental. You claim that they are lying if they disagree with you about sexuality. You call them liars if they say they are bisexuals. You dismiss completely their personal stories. Your constant finding fault with their so called lifestyles, so called gay agenda, accuse them if being anti Christian, bringing up distorted stats on disease or fidelity and calling them a cancer upon any church they attend does show a total lack of emphathy for what their lives really are.

And that is what annoys me, you show that you are very capable of emphathy to some, however to people you appear are enemies to your religion, gays and atheists for example, you show that not only do you not have emphathy but you have immense anger against them.

And that is what riles me up about you Jeff, you are a combination of a nice caring guy and an angry, hateful one. I can prove that I never stated that you would accept executing gays. Don't pretend that facts are that important to you. The fact that I can prove something to you and you will not accept it does not put you in the position of demanding me to stick to provable facts.

You keep dismiss g the lifetime pressures of not being yourself with simply pleasing ones peers. That is a fine example of lack of emphathy. I can only judge you based on your numerous posts and I have more right to judge you on your posts than you have to judge me on someone else's posts.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anger and rudeness is the natural tongue of the agenda.
And extreme intolerance. Notice my post about the British boy being banned from school didn't bother the posters here one bit.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
And extreme intolerance. Notice my post about the British boy being banned from school didn't bother the posters here one bit.
Neither did the videos about the street preachers being violently assaulted by the gay-pride folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity