Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 01:35 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,815,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Torah is truth...
Hallelujah

2 and 20..

Please by all means given teach me how to set a table with a 4 corner cloth with the candle stick in the center.
In the course of 24. 12 Pearls to 12,,.... Foundations according to the Word..
Peter has been established as the Foundation considering the Cloth.
Acts.
All things have been made Clean.

A promise even I failed to see till a time given.

Acts 10:9-16New International Version (NIV)
Peter’s Vision
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

For those that have observed Torah.

And for those that know the value of a pearl.

I have heard those that would pass by my Brother Paul and ignore his pain. Not even consider the possibility of error in contrast.

He openly spoke of the thorn in his Side. And the marks of his Savior.

I have seen Our Lords poetry and song escape a few.

Yet the Blessings are beyond measure,.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 04:32 AM

1,382 posts, read 769,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hallelujah

2 and 20..

Please by all means given teach me how to set a table with a 4 corner cloth with the candle stick in the center.
In the course of 24. 12 Pearls to 12,,.... Foundations according to the Word..
Peter has been established as the Foundation considering the Cloth.
Acts.

Acts 10:9-16New International Version (NIV)
Peter’s Vision
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

For those that have observed Torah.

And for those that know the value of a pearl.

I have heard those that would pass by my Brother Paul and ignore his pain. Not even consider the possibility of error in contrast.

He openly spoke of the thorn in his Side. And the marks of his Savior.

I have seen Our Lords poetry and song escape a few.

Yet the Blessings are beyond measure,.
Dear pin,
With respect to Peter, who represents Shebna, the one who was put in charge of the royal household of David, and who held the keys which "when he opens no will shut" (Is 22), and who carved a place for himself in the rock (Is 22:16). This head of household was deemed to have shamed his Master's house (Is 22:18), and then was deposed/annihilated (Is 22:18, Ze 11:8 & Ze 11:17). Shebna/Peter shamed his master's house by his shameful vision (Ze 13:4), which was given after "My Shepherd" was struck down (Zech 13:7) and the "sheep" were "scattered".

As for Paul's thorn in his side, it was a messenger given to him by Satan 2 Cor 12, which was to curb his pride, and which evidently failed to do the trick.

As for Peter's repetition of his vision, it was also a repetition of Peter which denied knowing Yeshua, and 3 times that he said he loved Yeshua and would feed, care and tend the sheep. The problem being is that the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, did not actually feed, care and tend the sheep, but devoured their fat instead. (Similar to what is happening in the Vatican city per Peter's successor)

Old 10-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear pin,
With respect to Peter, who represents Shebna, the one who was put in charge of the royal household of David, and who held the keys which "when he opens no will shut" (Is 22), and who carved a place for himself in the rock (Is 22:16). This head of household was deemed to have shamed his Master's house (Is 22:18), and then was deposed/annihilated (Is 22:18, Ze 11:8 & Ze 11:17). Shebna/Peter shamed his master's house by his shameful vision (Ze 13:4), which was given after "My Shepherd" was struck down (Zech 13:7) and the "sheep" were "scattered".

As for Paul's thorn in his side, it was a messenger given to him by Satan 2 Cor 12, which was to curb his pride, and which evidently failed to do the trick.

As for Peter's repetition of his vision, it was also a repetition of Peter which denied knowing Yeshua, and 3 times that he said he loved Yeshua and would feed, care and tend the sheep. The problem being is that the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, did not actually feed, care and tend the sheep, but devoured their fat instead. (Similar to what is happening in the Vatican city per Peter's successor)
The spirit of grace.
Zechariah 12
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto Me because they have thrust him through; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

The underlined leads me to questions...

Concerning the verses you provided from Isaiah.
1 The burden concerning the Valley of Vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops,

James 3
9With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; 10from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. 11Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?…

8"For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. 9"But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them.

Supplication comes to mind.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-16-2015 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-16-2015, 12:00 PM

1,382 posts, read 769,497 times
Quote:
The spirit of grace.
Zechariah 12
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto Me because they have thrust him through; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

The underlined leads me to questions...

Concerning the verses you provided from Isaiah.
1 The burden concerning the Valley of Vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops,

James 3
9With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; 10from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. 11Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?…

8"For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. 9"But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them.
Dear pin,
What is your point? James testimony was in opposition to Paul's gospel of lawlessness and grace, and his reference to cursing others, would be best applied to Paul's Gal 1:8, whereas Paul has the audacity to curse angels from heaven or anyone who stands up the him.

As for the verse Isaiah 22:1, the chapter is a vision of the future, ending with "in that day" (Is 22:25) as in the day of the "awesome day of the lord comes" (Joel 2:31).

Gal 1:8, "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!"

Old 10-16-2015, 12:05 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,191,495 times
James was sent to the Jews, Paul to the Gentiles.

Different audience, different message.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear pin,
What is your point? James testimony was in opposition to Paul's gospel of lawlessness and grace, and his reference to cursing others, would be best applied to Paul's Gal 1:8, whereas Paul has the audacity to curse angels from heaven or anyone who stands up the him.

As for the verse Isaiah 22:1, the chapter is a vision of the future, ending with "in that day" (Is 22:25) as in the day of the "awesome day of the lord comes" (Joel 2:31).

Gal 1:8, "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!"
I did not see opposition..
Galatians 1King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

That stood up to him? Paul.
The way you worded that is not accurately describing the context.
I believe it is directed toward those that deny and preach something contrary to Salvation in the Son of God. Yeshua/Jesus

And Remember Paul was a pharisee and was well schooled in the Torah. So sometimes he might be giving a clue.

1 Kings 13King James Version (KJV)

Old 10-16-2015, 01:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:

Zechariah 12

The TaNaKh begs to differ with you here:

10.And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplications. And they shall look to me because of those who have been thrust through [with swords], and they shall mourn over it as one mourns over an only son and shall be in bitterness, therefore, as one is embittered over a firstborn son.

11.On that day there shall be great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the Valley of Megiddon.

Makes one wonder why the differences in meaning from the TaNaKh compared to the COT...

Old 10-16-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
James was sent to the Jews, Paul to the Gentiles.

Different audience, different message.
Nope you are wrong here...Just look at Romans, that wasn't a Gentile audience...Prove what you state...

Old 10-16-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
And Remember Paul was a pharisee and was well schooled in the Torah. So sometimes he might be giving a clue.
Where does it say that he was a Pharisee?...

Old 10-16-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:

What do you mean here?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity