Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:24 PM

709 posts, read 378,031 times

Advertisements

29. Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:

30. and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.

31. The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. (Mark 12:29-31)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Strange how it reads the same as when you post it and when I post it. Gotta wonder if it means the same to some as it does to others?

Old 09-19-2015, 01:13 AM

709 posts, read 378,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Strange how it reads the same as when you post it and when I post it. Gotta wonder if it means the same to some as it does to others?
For me it mean's also that we must reject the life of sin, if we love God, and our neighbor. Surely if we love God, then we will obey him?

Love is the most important thing to have, but sinning is not the way of love, it is a way of lies and hate, the way of the devil, so we can not live in sin, but we must strive our way away from sinning.

Many want's to think that we can do sin, and have right kind of love to God, but I believe that we can not.

The sinning must stop.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Yes, it figures that you would focus on "sin."

Old 09-19-2015, 04:37 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
For me it mean's also that we must reject the life of sin, if we love God, and our neighbor. Surely if we love God, then we will obey him?

Love is the most important thing to have, but sinning is not the way of love, it is a way of lies and hate, the way of the devil, so we can not live in sin, but we must strive our way away from sinning.

Many want's to think that we can do sin, and have right kind of love to God, but I believe that we can not.

The sinning must stop.

Hi Mikko,

What you focus on is what you become.

Focus on love, friend.

Human beings give this thing called "sin" far too much power.
It has ZERO power.
What you call "sin" is in reality, non-love.
It isn't breaking rule #6578 or breaking rule #9875, Sin is merely that which is devoid of love.
Love is gentleness, kindness, long-suffering. Love does not dictate. Love does not force it's way on others.

The sin (non-love) will fall to the wayside, once we re-direct our focus to LOVE.
Focusing on non-love gets you NOWHERE in a real hurry.

just some thoughts,

peace,
sparrow

Old 09-19-2015, 04:55 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post

The sinning must stop.
I see it this way--

There is way TOO much sin (and attention to sin) and not nearly enough LOVE (and attention to love)

We are way too PREOCCUPIED with "pleasing" god-in-the-tiny-box via conformity that we start pointing to the sin of others who do not adhere to our TUNNEL-VISION view of god.

This in turns prevents us from LOVING ALL OTHERS because we read in some psychotic book that we are to HATE those who are not of this fold and if we do not pray for their demise, we are at least obligated to stand by and watch as they perish and we justify it by saying IF ONLY THEY HAD ACCEPTED god-in-the-tiny-box as I PREACHED, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD FAITH AND GOD WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO PROSPER AND SURVIVE.

Why can't we let SIN, JUDGEMENT. OPPRESSION and VENGEANCE GO? Christ told us it WAS FINISHED and that by meeting the criteria of the two greatest commandments, we have fulfilled ALL the laws of the PROPHETS and scripture. IF NOT, why did Jesus need to do his thing--if the LAW REMAINS, JESUS was a FRAUD.

And if we do not sin, we are perfect, an NO ONE is perfect, therefore sin will ALWAYS be with us-what matters is if we do it willfully with joy, or accidentally with sorrow in our heart.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:37 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
I see it this way--

There is way TOO much sin (and attention to sin) and not nearly enough LOVE (and attention to love)

We are way too PREOCCUPIED with "pleasing" god-in-the-tiny-box via conformity that we start pointing to the sin of others who do not adhere to our TUNNEL-VISION view of god.

This in turns prevents us from LOVING ALL OTHERS because we read in some psychotic book that we are to HATE those who are not of this fold and if we do not pray for their demise, we are at least obligated to stand by and watch as they perish and we justify it by saying IF ONLY THEY HAD ACCEPTED god-in-the-tiny-box as I PREACHED, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD FAITH AND GOD WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO PROSPER AND SURVIVE.

Why can't we let SIN, JUDGEMENT. OPPRESSION and VENGEANCE GO? Christ told us it WAS FINISHED and that by meeting the criteria of the two greatest commandments, we have fulfilled ALL the laws of the PROPHETS and scripture. IF NOT, why did Jesus need to do his thing--if the LAW REMAINS, JESUS was a FRAUD.

And if we do not sin, we are perfect, an NO ONE is perfect, therefore sin will ALWAYS be with us-what matters is if we do it willfully with joy, or accidentally with sorrow in our heart.

Very nicely said, friend.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:12 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi Mikko,
What you focus on is what you become.
Focus on love, friend.
Human beings give this thing called "sin" far too much power.
It has ZERO power.
What you call "sin" is in reality, non-love.
It isn't breaking rule #6578 or breaking rule #9875, Sin is merely that which is devoid of love.
Love is gentleness, kindness, long-suffering. Love does not dictate. Love does not force it's way on others.
The sin (non-love) will fall to the wayside, once we re-direct our focus to LOVE.
Focusing on non-love gets you NOWHERE in a real hurry.
just some thoughts,
peace,
sparrow
Rep IOU.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:13 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I see it this way--
Well said! Rep IOU.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:40 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
I've heard about some people who prayed that their 'prodigal' son would "have no peace" until he came back home, etc. The result appeared to me that both parties had little to no peace. It just showed how cursing (as the opposite of blessing) tends to work in the spiritual realm. Lord help us to bless and not curse, to be filled with love and compassion, that reaches beyond and consumes our personal hurts and afflictions (*), through the power of your Holy Spirit and in your precious name. Amen.

(*) but maintaining sensible, Spirit-inspired boundaries to abuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity