Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,252,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
No, they pray to the God of Abraham.
Christians pray to the God of Abraham. His name is Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Who is the God of Abraham, Vizio? Which religions believe in the God of Abraham? Come on, your a learned pastor, you should know this one of the top of your head.
He is Yahweh. He is partially revealed in the OT. We see him further revealed in the NT and explained more. God is a Trinity -- 1 God and ONLY 1 God. Because of the fact that Muslims and Jews do not recognnize Jesus' divinity and Christians do, we worship different Gods.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You really would fit perfectly in a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church.

There was a whole fiasco right after 9-11 due to an LCMS pastor praying at an interfaith prayer service at Yankee stadium.
On paper, the LCMS church is actually a very solid church. I really don't have a lot of issues with them theologically. We disagree on the topic of baptism, of course.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
As a minister you should know Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions.
And as a Roman Catholic, you should know that Jesus is God. If a religion claims that Jesus is NOT God, then they don't worship the same God as your religion teaches.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have no idea what you mean by this. If you care to explain, I'll listen.
What I mean is that if Christians pray to Jesus, why would we want to join hands with, and give credence to the idea that there is another God besides him? Do you believe that God would have been happy with Samuel leading the nation of Israel in a prayer to the false god Dagon?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 AM

417 posts, read 597,013 times
If God is all powerful and created the world and the universe then wouldn't it be safe to say that God would have created only one religion but there are many. I don't know, I am no expert but you have to wonder about that. Everything is just details not the big picture.

Maybe none of us are getting it right. Religion is a great way for people not to resort to animal instincts. I find it incredible that the majority of large religions tell people who they can and can't have relations with. Isn't it obvious!! I mean were people having relations with siblings and their children in ancient times so they had to be told not to do it and we have laws about it!!!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
If God is all powerful and created the world and the universe then wouldn't it be safe to say that God would have created only one religion but there are many. I don't know, I am no expert but you have to wonder about that. Everything is just details not the big picture.
God DID create just one religion. The rest are just inventions of men.
Quote:
Maybe none of us are getting it right. Religion is a great way for people not to resort to animal instincts. I find it incredible that the majority of large religions tell people who they can and can't have relations with. Isn't it obvious!! I mean were people having relations with siblings and their children in ancient times so they had to be told not to do it and we have laws about it!!!
Why would you think God wouldn't reveal himself?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:57 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God DID create just one religion. The rest are just inventions of men.

Why would you think God wouldn't reveal himself?
Who in the old testimont prayed to Jesus? It is interesting that Christianity came out of Judaism and yet you claim that the Jews pray to a false god. My take of your claim is that it is 9nly after jthe death of Jesus that anyone worshipped the true god.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Who in the old testimont prayed to Jesus?
Jesus appeared in the OT, do you realize that? He appeared as the "Angel of the Lord", or when God appeared. He was the one that walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden. No man has seen the Father, but they HAVE seen the son.
Quote:

It is interesting that Christianity came out of Judaism and yet you claim that the Jews pray to a false god.

My take of your claim is that it is 9nly after jthe death of Jesus that anyone worshipped the true god.
OT Jews prayed to God as he revealed himself in the Scriptures. God has revealed himself to be Trinitarian in nature. If we do not worship Him as such, we miss him.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:57 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus appeared in the OT, do you realize that? He appeared as the "Angel of the Lord", or when God appeared. He was the one that walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden. No man has seen the Father, but they HAVE seen the son.

OT Jews prayed to God as he revealed himself in the Scriptures. God has revealed himself to be Trinitarian in nature. If we do not worship Him as such, we miss him.
And the god revealed himself in the Quran and then again in the book of Mormon . You dismiss those for the same reason that Jews dismissed the NT. Still a case of each claiming they are right and nothing but a claim. And putting down those of other religions, especially 9nes that share so much of yours does not appear to be tolerance or agape love and you have shown neither in this thread. The heckling of a Hindu in Congress shows that it is not religious tolerance that many Christians want but dominance of society by their own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity