Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:15 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He is Yahweh. He is partially revealed in the OT. We see him further revealed in the NT and explained more. God is a Trinity -- 1 God and ONLY 1 God. Because of the fact that Muslims and Jews do not recognnize Jesus' divinity and Christians do, we worship different Gods.
Not really, Jews and Muslims just don't recognize the trinity.

Just like a LOT of early Christians. Remember the Arian controversy? If it was not for Constantinople and the Council of Nicaea, along with all the other gospels that were destroyed and not discovered until found in Egypt 70 years ago, the Trinitarian version of Christianity may well not exist.

THAT is real history.... a NT made by man, not a god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:11 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,179,524 times
2Co_6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

In a world that is too busy to discern truth from error we have many "religious" ones who promote a world of grays and half truths and worthless traditions. If you rightly divide the word we know Jesus is deity, Creator of the Universe and everything to those who believe. During the earthly ministry you were to know Jesus was truly the Son of God, that was all that was revealed. When the law was fulfilled and nailed to the cross Jesus appeared to Paul and turned the world upside down, we were now to know the gospel of grace. We are sinners who Jesus died for, was dead and buried, and rose to new life on the third day. We no longer have faith + works under the law, but faith in Jesus + nothing.............

Jesus truly died for the world including enemies, muslims, and Catholics and the rest of us as well. But to say Islam worships the same "god" just because they claim it, is simply naive. They also say the Koran supersedes the Bible which rules out every one of them who believes that. Muhammad was illiterate and a brutal killer, who's claim to fame was the ability to marry a wealthy woman and effectively lie to and kill neighboring tribes.

To be on the same stage with the Pope is to give tacit approval to "The one true church" (one of many) which we know to be a lie. Apostolic succession is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Every muslim and every Catholic is welcome to believe the gospel and come to Christ on HIS TERMS only............He stands with open arms to all who will believe what is revealed in scripture.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
2Co_6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
This is not part of the gospels, it is Paul yakking away again.

Quote:
In a world that is too busy to discern truth from error we have many "religious" ones who promote a world of grays and half truths and worthless traditions. If you rightly divide the word we know Jesus is deity, Creator of the Universe and everything to those who believe. During the earthly ministry you were to know Jesus was truly the Son of God, that was all that was revealed. When the law was fulfilled and nailed to the cross Jesus appeared to Paul and turned the world upside down, we were now to know the gospel of grace. We are sinners who Jesus died for, was dead and buried, and rose to new life on the third day. We no longer have faith + works under the law, but faith in Jesus + nothing.............
Jesus is viewed as a deity only because of the decisions of the Council of Nicaea. A large percentage of early Christians did not see it that way, and Constantinople forced the decision. The same way that he changed the Sabbath, which the SDA actually are correct on.

Quote:
Jesus truly died for the world including enemies, muslims, and Catholics and the rest of us as well. But to say Islam worships the same "god" just because they claim it, is simply naive. They also say the Koran supersedes the Bible which rules out every one of them who believes that. Muhammad was illiterate and a brutal killer, who's claim to fame was the ability to marry a wealthy woman and effectively lie to and kill neighboring tribes.
Do you not see the similarity of how the NT in particular, and the Koran came about?

Both protagonists, Paul, and Mohammed, claimed to have visions. In Mohammed's case, no witnesses. In Paul's case, it depends which story of Paul you believe, but let's go with two unnamed people, but let's save that argument for a different time. Regardless, with out either of them claiming to have an out of the norm vision, neither the Koran or the NT would exist. It is well documented that the Gospels only built on Paul's pronouncement, and the further away from the supposed events a Gospel was written, the more detailed it became. Strange, huh?

Quote:
To be on the same stage with the Pope is to give tacit approval to "The one true church" (one of many) which we know to be a lie. Apostolic succession is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Every muslim and every Catholic is welcome to believe the gospel and come to Christ on HIS TERMS only............He stands with open arms to all who will believe what is revealed in scripture.
Give this Pope some credit. He has done more to make a church relevant than all the Slicks and Comforts of the world.

Still woo, but at least it is positive woo.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:11 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
What I mean is that if Christians pray to Jesus, why would we want to join hands with, and give credence to the idea that there is another God besides him? Do you believe that God would have been happy with Samuel leading the nation of Israel in a prayer to the false god Dagon?
I don't agree with your blanket statement that Christians pray specifically to Jesus. Most Christians I know pray to God. Jesus, Christians believe, was fully God and fully human, a mystery that cannot be understood, but still an incarnation and one persona of God.

Jews and Muslims worship the One God we worship. They do not, however, believe in the divinity of Jesus. One group thinks he was a false teacher, the other a prophet who will someday return. But they worship God. Believing in Jesus would be difficult for Jews because it goes against the Shema that they recite morning and evening. How can God be One if He is more than One?

I'm beginning to suspect you've never had a conversation with either a Jew or a Muslim in your life, Vizio. Once again, your coldness and hard heart toward your fellow man leaves me in doubt that you could really be a Christian pastor.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't agree with your blanket statement that Christians pray specifically to Jesus. Most Christians I know pray to God. Jesus, Christians believe, was fully God and fully human, a mystery that cannot be understood, but still an incarnation and one persona of God.

Jews and Muslims worship the One God we worship. They do not, however, believe in the divinity of Jesus. One group thinks he was a false teacher, the other a prophet who will someday return. But they worship God. Believing in Jesus would be difficult for Jews because it goes against the Shema that they recite morning and evening. How can God be One if He is more than One?

I'm beginning to suspect you've never had a conversation with either a Jew or a Muslim in your life, Vizio. Once again, your coldness and hard heart toward your fellow man leaves me in doubt that you could really be a Christian pastor.
As does his odd lack of knowledge about anything but his fundamentalist version of Christianity.

It's difficult for me to believe someone could go through a seminary, receive a degree... and come out totally ignorant about basic beliefs of other religions.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-26-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 02:07 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
As does his odd lack of knowledge about anything but his fundamentalist version of Christianity. It's difficult for me to believe someone could go through a seminary and come out totally ignorant about basic beliefs of other religions.

That's more in line with taking classes via an on-line fundamentalist pastor school where everyone gets a trophy...I mean degree suitable for framing.
Did Vizio ever actually claim that he graduated from a seminary, though, and is formal education even required to be a pastor in the type of church he says he pastors in? Some churches do not require any credentials to be a pastor, and frankly, I can't always argue with that, since I doubt most, if any, of the apostles and earliest church leaders had formal schooling. But yes, in this day and age and in our multicultural country, knowledge of one's neighbors and their beliefs would seem not only to be a requirement, but knowledge desired by someone who wants to serve God as a vocation.

It is mostly the unkindness and hardness and disdain for others that comes through Vizio's posts making me doubt he leads a church, though. To see people who are reaching toward peace and accord over their differences and sneer down at them as idol worshipers that you couldn't bear the thought of touching...such a sight should bring joy to a Christian's heart, not derision.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Did Vizio ever actually claim that he graduated from a seminary,........
I'm 99.9% sure he has.

I have NO idea what kind of seminary would produce graduates who think it's acceptable to spread the Gospel by being rude to people and disdainful of their beliefs.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:58 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,668,450 times
Quote:
God DID create just one religion. The rest are just inventions of men.

Why would you think God wouldn't reveal himself?
That's pretty funny, all the religions that existed before your god "are just inventions of men," and yet the Bible you follow was written by men who "borrowed" stories from other religions to create a new religion.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:14 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,829,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
If God is all powerful and created the world and the universe then wouldn't it be safe to say that God would have created only one religion but there are many. I don't know, I am no expert but you have to wonder about that. Everything is just details not the big picture.

Maybe none of us are getting it right. Religion is a great way for people not to resort to animal instincts. I find it incredible that the majority of large religions tell people who they can and can't have relations with. Isn't it obvious!! I mean were people having relations with siblings and their children in ancient times so they had to be told not to do it and we have laws about it!!!
Man created religion. God just is...

Old 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,179,524 times
Cupper......you belittle the Apostle to the gentiles? to Paul Jesus revealed the mysteries hidden in the mind of God since time began. You will find the doctrines and words to live by today in Paul's writings.

You then claim Jesus is not deity............

And to finish it off you have created a parity between Paul and Muhammad...........

don't envy you in that long line trying to explain this to the Lord......it won't be pretty..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity