Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 03:19 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Sorry, it's just been my experience, my wife's brother was gay, and I have just known a million gay men and every single one of them talked about sex and sexual insinuations all day. I wouldn't mind hanging with them just like any man I am friends with, but every single one I have know is obsessed with sex, with talking about sex, and I can see why that maybe you don't know that, but it is just the truth. Every single gay male talks and talks about sex and nothing else.

I don't believe gay people go to hell, I see them in the kingdom, but I wouldn't recommend that lifestyle to anyone, and every gay couple I knew were violent.
I doubt you know a million people, let alone a million gay men.

I know gay and lesbian people, too, my daughter-in-law's aunt is one. None have ever exhibited anything you attribute to them.

The kind of reasoning you are attempting is called inductive reasoning. In just about all situations it leads one to a false conclusion.

Yours is just one among many.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-02-2016 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 04-02-2016, 03:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Appears to be a litmus test? Am I worthy of your time is the question?

In response to such drivel, consider me as being one of the 5,000 Jesus fed fish and broke bread with.
and consider (like you) after feeding the 5000, they by force tried to make Jesus their welfare king .... only for Jesus turned his back on them and walked away from them as he would with you.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-02-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 03:26 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You haven't offended me, your post was just full of foolishness and outright lies . It is possible to think that engaging in a gay lifestyle is a sin without being completely over the top ridiculous about the issue . I know a number of gays and have hung out with them, and have NEVER heard them talk about the sex lives . Ever . I hear heterosexuals go on more about their sexual conquests than I have ever heard from the gay people I know . And that's just one foolish thing among others in your post. Far more anal sex is engaged in by heterosexuals than homosexuals, based on the sheer numbers of each .
I should take into consideration of my own presence around gay men as they will stop in the middle of the road when they see me because I stand out like a prince among the multitudes, and maybe it's not their fault that men and women both want to be me or with me, it's a gift and a curse, but lol, every gay man is that way with me, and I shouldn't put all of them in a box because not all of them have seen me yet. But they talk the same. I am certain there are plenty of real cool gay men that don't talk about sex all day, it just don't happen around me.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:40 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and consider (like you) after feeding the 5000, they by force tried to make Jesus their welfare king .... only for Jesus turned his back on them and walked away from them as he would with you.

So all those who broke bread were damned to eternal torment? LOL...

Jesus left because it was not yet His time.

Wouldn't I have just been quoting scripture?

KING: (Zechariah 9:9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

KING OF THE AGES: (1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KING OF THE JEWS: (Matthew 2:2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

KING OF KINGS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

KING OF SAINTS: (Revelation 15:3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,489,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So all those who broke bread were damned to eternal torment? LOL...

Jesus left because it was not yet His time.

Wouldn't I have just been quoting scripture?

KING: (Zechariah 9:9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

KING OF THE AGES: (1 Timothy 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KING OF THE JEWS: (Matthew 2:2) Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

KING OF KINGS: (1 Timothy 6:15) Which in his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

KING OF SAINTS: (Revelation 15:3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

maybe you prefer dancing because the truth is too offensive to your idol self.

Truth: read the entire John chapter 6 ... after Jesus turned his back on them,
"they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus."
When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him,
“Rabbi, when did you get here?”
Jesus answered,
“Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed
but because you ate the loaves and had your fill."

And all you have to do is read the rest only to find
" From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him (Jesus)."
So yea, many of those did get damned to eternal hell.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I should take into consideration of my own presence around gay men as they will stop in the middle of the road when they see me because I stand out like a prince among the multitudes, and maybe it's not their fault that men and women both want to be me or with me, it's a gift and a curse, but lol, every gay man is that way with me, and I shouldn't put all of them in a box because not all of them have seen me yet. But they talk the same. I am certain there are plenty of real cool gay men that don't talk about sex all day, it just don't happen around me.
In Texas. A state in the Bible Belt full of right-wing extremists. You are claiming gay men stop their cars in the middle of the road so they can "be with you" and talk to you about gay sex. In Texas. The state where James Byrd, Jr was chained to the back of a truck and drug for three miles until he was decapitated. In Texas. A state with a recent history of ugly hate crimes. In Texas. Where a gay man was kidnapped and tortured with chemicals poured into his eyes. In Texas......gay men are so bold they just stop right in the middle of the road.... not worried about some truck full of good ol' boy yahoos who think gay men are ******* going to hell coming along...or the cops......... and openly proposition other men for sex.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel for all the BS you spread around.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-02-2016 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 04:12 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In Texas. A state in the Bible Belt full of right-wing extremists. You are claiming gay men stop their cars in the middle of the road so they can "be with you" and talk to you about gay sex. In Texas. The state where James Byrd, Jr was chained to the back of a truck and drug for three mikes. In Texas. Where a gay man was kidnapped and tortured with chemicals poured into his eyes. In Texas......gay men are so bold they stand in the middle of the road.... not worried about some truck full of good ol' boy yahoos who think gay men are ******* going to hell...... and openly proposition other men.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel for all the BS you spread.

I was going for the wink and a smile.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In Texas. A state in the Bible Belt full of right-wing extremists. You are claiming gay men stop their cars in the middle of the road so they can "be with you" and talk to you about gay sex. In Texas. The state where James Byrd, Jr was chained to the back of a truck and drug for three mikes. In Texas. A state with a recent history of ugly hate crimes. In Texas. Where a gay man was kidnapped and tortured with chemicals poured into his eyes. In Texas......gay men are so bold they stand in the middle of the road.... not worried about some truck full of good ol' boy yahoos who think gay men are ******* going to hell...... and openly proposition other men.

You're gonna need a bigger shovel for all the BS you spread around.
I thought his humor was fairly obvious .

At any rate , Texas has a couple of the largest gay populations in the nation in Dallas and Houston. Houston had the first openly homosexual mayor of a large city in the nation. I think it is still the largest city in the nation to have elected an openly gay mayor .

Old 04-02-2016, 04:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I thought his humor was fairly obvious .

I rarely appreciate the "humor" coming from people who believe gay men should be imprisoned simply because they are gay. It's one step removed from the lisp and feather boa "jokes" from certain types of evangelicals. I've seen too much damage done to LGBTQ in the name of religion to think, "Well.... what a humor-filled retort from someone who thinks my gay friends should be removed from society."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-02-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 04:53 PM

1,504 posts, read 850,857 times
Who cares....if Jesus was alive he simply would not care....what he would care about if you are not murdering each other....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity