Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 04:54 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I rarely appreciate the "humor" coming from people who believe gay men should be imprisoned. I've seen the damage done by people who hold up the Bible and spout that stuff.
Let's not forget about the fornicators and adulterers.

I wonder if we have enough prison room for all the fornicators and adulterers?

Let's not forget all those who get divorced unlawfully either, but let us begin with fornicators.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:58 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal flavius View Post
i should take into consideration of my own presence around gay men as they will stop in the middle of the road when they see me because i stand out like a prince among the multitudes....
lol

Old 04-02-2016, 07:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
maybe you prefer dancing because the truth is too offensive to your idol self.

Truth: read the entire John chapter 6 ... after Jesus turned his back on them,
"they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus."
When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him,
“Rabbi, when did you get here?”
Jesus answered,
“Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed
but because you ate the loaves and had your fill."

And all you have to do is read the rest only to find
" From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him (Jesus)."
So yea, many of those did get damned to eternal hell.
huh? All I gotta say is matthew 6:5, simply luke 18:11---SHM.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:12 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Let's not forget about the fornicators and adulterers.
I would suggest that we DO forget about them and rather concern ourselves with "US". Are any of us really in a position where we can judge others?

Quote:
I wonder if we have enough prison room for all the fornicators and adulterers?
As far as I know, adult fornicating and adultery is not against the law. Now, nor is homosexuality in most places. However, from a Bible perspective adultery is punishable by death. So too is homosexuality for those who believe that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Incidentally, where in the Bible was this form of punishment ever revoked? Christians get awful quiet whenever these penalties for specific 'sins' - as commanded by God - get raised.

Quote:
Let's not forget all those who get divorced unlawfully either, but let us begin with fornicators.
Why is it necessary to 'begin' at all? We are responsible for our own behavior, not that of others. The Fundamentalist Church has spawned far too many self-appointed 'moral cops' and this is pretty much what we're dealing with here on this thread.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:40 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you need 100% proof the bible is the inspired word of God, you have no faith and might as well not even believe in God at all.

You dont need to see the word homosexual. 2 dudes gettin it on is disgusting and unnatural. Two men cant reproduce and neither can 2 women, so it just goes agaisnt nature.
It is truly repulsive.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:45 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times
Jesus said that the days of His return would be like Sodom and Gomorrah -- and so it is. Will He let it get to the point where these night revelers start beating on doors demanding perverted sex? Time will tell.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I rarely appreciate the "humor" coming from people who believe gay men should be imprisoned simply because they are gay. It's one step removed from the lisp and feather boa "jokes" from certain types of evangelicals. I've seen too much damage done to LGBTQ in the name of religion to think, "Well.... what a humor-filled retort from someone who thinks my gay friends should be removed from society."

Nonetheless there is no way you should have taken him seriously on his claims of having gay men stop their cars to proposition him .

Old 04-02-2016, 07:53 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus said that the days of His return would be like Sodom and Gomorrah -- and so it is. Will He let it get to the point where these night revelers start beating on doors demanding perverted sex? Time will tell.

Yeah, it's little wonder God doesn't strike all the bonobos dead also, since they make humans look like Puritans regarding homosexual sex .

Old 04-02-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN
If you need 100% proof the bible is the inspired word of God, you have no faith and might as well not even believe in God at all.

You dont need to see the word homosexual. 2 dudes gettin it on is disgusting and unnatural. Two men cant reproduce and neither can 2 women, so it just goes agaisnt nature.
Ridiculousness and ignorance rolled into one. Everything you claim that gay people do sexually is multiplied many, MANY times by heterosexual couples doing the VERY same thing!

Honestly, people get sillier and sillier by the day. It's embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It is truly repulsive.
You mean the kind of stuff that many straight people do sexually? Well, the good news is that YOU are not required to participate in anything that you find 'truly repulsive'. NOR are you required to dwell on what other people might do (sexually or otherwise) that YOU find to be 'truly repulsive'.

Gee, that was easy, wasn't it?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn
I rarely appreciate the "humor" coming from people who believe gay men should be imprisoned simply because they are gay. It's one step removed from the lisp and feather boa "jokes" from certain types of evangelicals. I've seen too much damage done to LGBTQ in the name of religion to think, "Well.... what a humor-filled retort from someone who thinks my gay friends should be removed from society."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Nonetheless there is no way you should have taken him seriously on his claims of having gay men stop their cars to proposition him.
Um, I didn't know that HF was joshing either.

And I am very smart.

Indeed. I have a university degree in Social Science sitting on my shelf to prove how very smart I am.

P.S. I am (clearly?) joshing although I really do have a Social Science degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity