Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:57 AM

598 posts, read 359,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Paul is a main force in the NT. His opinions are taken as gospel today about sexual relationships within marriage.
Paul spoke many things "in a mystery" meaning the true intent is hidden rather than being obvious.

Simply put the spirit is male and the soul is female. The soul of man (Eve) came from the flesh and is driven by desires of the flesh (touch taste sight etc)........... therefore the woman AKA the soul who is a female with opinions perceived through what is carnal needs to keep quite in the church.

On the other hand "spirit" is male although because of the divinity that makes up the Spirit of God, it is harder to detect in the old languages (where the soul is always feminine) but God is always (99%) referred to as male such as "Father" is obviously male.

However, the spirit of man (Adam) who is male, has from the fall in the garden and because of sin that is a principality living within it, is an unclean earthly spirit versus the Holy Spirit given to Christians from above Who is deity albeit is only a earnest" of the Spirit meaning a partial amount of what the sum total of is much larger in comparison.

Where the fundamental church is having to deal with chickens coming home to roost is in the lesbian & gay movements attacking fundamental christianity who for centuries have been preaching "our spirit needs to become one with His Spirit" which is putting two males together that is an abomination to our Father in Heaven. On the other hand the soul of man (Eve) who is female who essentially represents the mind, is like Adam is unclean because of sin living within cannot become one with the Holy Spirit who can only become one with a mind (soul) that too is divine and sinless

I know in the beginning this is a confusing subject and I would try to explain further but it would be better explained to do so on a thread dedicated to spirits and souls both clean and unclean. For now anyone speaking in the Holy Spirit is male and acceptable to Paul including when the Holy Spirit speaking is coming from a woman........ hope this helps

Last edited by Livelystone; 10-13-2015 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:16 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Paul spoke many things "in a mystery" meaning the true intent is hidden rather than being obvious.

Simply put the spirit is male and the soul is female. The soul of man (Eve) came from the flesh and is driven by desires of the flesh (touch taste sight etc)........... therefore the woman AKA the soul who is a female with opinions perceived through what is carnal needs to keep quite in the church.

On the other hand "spirit" is male although because of the divinity that makes up the Spirit of God, it is harder to detect in the old languages (where the soul is always feminine) but God is always (99%) referred to as male such as "Father" is obviously male.

However, the spirit of man (Adam) who is male, has from the fall in the garden and because of sin that is a principality living within it, is an unclean earthly spirit versus the Holy Spirit given to Christians from above Who is deity albeit is only a earnest" of the Spirit meaning a partial amount of what the sum total of is much larger in comparison.

Where the fundamental church is having to deal with chickens coming home to roost is in the lesbian & gay movements attacking fundamental christianity who for centuries have been preaching "our spirit needs to become one with His Spirit" which is putting two males together that is an abomination to our Father in Heaven. On the other hand the soul of man (Eve) who is female who essentially represents the mind, is like Adam is unclean because of sin living within cannot become one with the Holy Spirit who can only become one with a mind (soul) that too is divine and sinless

I know in the beginning this is a confusing subject and I would try to explain further but it would be better explained to do so on a thread dedicated to spirits and souls both clean and unclean. For now anyone speaking in the Holy Spirit is male and acceptable to Paul including when the Holy Spirit speaking is coming from a woman........ hope this helps
When Paul said things were a mystery, it means he had no idea. It was a mystery to him.

What are the rules about sex in Christianity?
I have read the Christian Duggar rules. I am sure there must be others for other sects of Christianity.

With all these rules for women, about sex where women are expected to have sex even if they do not want to have sex. It seems rather mysterious that I have yet to read Jim Bob Duggar's rules for sex.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 AM

598 posts, read 359,196 times
Quote:
When Paul said things were a mystery, it means he had no idea. It was a mystery to him.

I have read the Christian Duggar rules. I am sure there must be others for other sects of Christianity.

With all these rules for women, about sex where women are expected to have sex even if they do not want to have sex. It seems rather mysterious that I have yet to read Jim Bob Duggar's rules for sex.
I think the only rules that are to apply to sex in a marriage is it MUST be consensual.

On the other hand there were no mysteries to Paul who had knowledge of all things pertaining to God albeit there are things he could not espouse freely because it was not lawful to say so without a second witness such as when he spoke of going into third heaven whereas John did in Revelation when he was called "up hither".

If you want to take Paul's statement as to in the body or out of the body he could not tell as a mystery, I will concede to this but only because I have had the same experience following a car accident when taken into the third heaven I felt no different than had I had my body with me........ only through hindsight and being sent back (when even in judgment I would have preferred to have stayed) I was able to conclude my physical body was not with me, however, I also learned how the soul is a body for the spirit

Old 10-13-2015, 10:35 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,384,476 times
Quote:
We discuss LGBTQ sex here. What about Christian hetero sex?

Are there rules other than fornication and adultery?

The Duggars believe women should be available 24/7 for their husbands even in late term pregnancy. I disagree.

Any thoughts?
I actually find the "fornication" (Modern definition) rule questionable since the meaning of the word and the cultural role of marriage and women has changed radically over the past 2000 years but that's probably off topic.

I would say it must be consensual but at the same time we should give in to our spouses as much as we can within reason. In Marriage, the bodies of the couple belong to eachother and should not deprive eachother unless there is a very good reason. This is mostly Pauls perspective as well.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:23 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,270,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
At my age, (upper middle aged) it is I who has to be ready for my wife whenever she is ready. If you need to know if God has a sense of humor, look at when women and men peak sexually. When we were first married, it was me that wanted it all the time. Now, it the opposite. One comedian put it best. "My wife hit her sexual peak at the same time I discovered that I had a favorite chair."
So, nature makes the case for SS marriage then (both parties "peak" at the same time).

Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
That is just the nature of pregnancy, so Christian sex equals you being born, but the woman pretty much sacrifices her body as a result

LGBT sex equals adult diapers when they are older or many of the nasty diseases they catch as a result of their promiscuity. I have many friends in the health care field that tell of all the diseases gay males catch before finally catching AIDS.
lol! You really thought about this a LOT

When am I going to catch a disease and AIDS??? I've been with my husband in a monogamous relationship for almost 20 years. Shouldn't I be dead by now? Help! I need to know when to start buying adult diapers!! (- I'm assuming you get your info from from FRC propaganda site)

Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Our Presbyterian church tells us that "sex is your business, not ours". I personally have no need for some self-appointed "higher authority" being involved in my sex life

Old 10-13-2015, 11:58 AM

45,706 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So, nature makes the case for SS marriage then (both parties "peak" at the same time).
The OP specifically said this is separate from "LGBTQ". Can you not do this here?

Old 10-13-2015, 02:34 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Default Christianity > Christianity and Sex. What are the rules?

In short, Christianity has nothing to do with sex. Sex is a carnal appetite and Christianity is all about spiritual matters. Ba da bum!!!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The OP specifically said this is separate from "LGBTQ". Can you not do this here?
Obviously not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity