Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,279,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
In a face to face? hmmmm I would ask if God wants a cup of coffee, and a slice of cake. Today is lemon pound, drizzled with lemon rosemary glaze.

Then we would sit watching the pond, and speak quietly as old friends.
Something he is looking forward to no doubt..lemon rosemary? YUM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 11:28 AM

339 posts, read 195,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
exactly. But if the god-in-the-tiny-box is doing her job, she hears the questions that are being asked now, does she not?

I don't know who that is, but GOD does hear everything as far as I can tell. That He also remains silent many times is a clue as to His answers.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:25 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,883,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm here largely because one of my sisters fell into the clutches of fundamentalist Christian zealots and turned into a robotic zombie who excused her husband's sexual molestation of their daughters.

I've seen firsthand how fundamentalism destroys families and lives.

Good enough, DRob?

If not, tough tamales. I ain't going anywhere.
I am so very sorry to hear what your family went through. That is vile behavior of the worst kind.

I wish we could have another word for those who masquerade as Christians. As you know, a Christian's goal is to be Christ like...all loving, forgiving, follow God's laws, and turning the other cheek. it is a journey of discovery, not purposeful sin. Jesus never behaved in that vile way, he was the perfect creation. So anyone who "follows him" and purposefully sins with intention to abuse other souls, as your relative did, in the name of Christ, is no Christian. Just because a body of people calls themselves part of a church, and they have a building they call their church, doesn't mean it is a true church. People who behave this way by wounding others, hurting their soul, are anti Christians. They not only wound the gentle souls you mentioned, but there damage reaches out to wound all of the family of Christianity by casting doubt on true Christians who are trying to be the best they can be, living as Christ like as they can. People like your relative and true Christians, are no more alike than you are to your offending relative simply because they were a member of your family.

I have a special place in my heart for those who are wounded in the way you described. I used to work for a non profit and saw the damage to souls whose earlier lives were similarly traumatic. I can tell you that true prayer, to the real, God, will and has healed many from this type of trauma. I know a young person with a similar trauma who recently attended a youth conference and while in the midst of worship saw Jesus and received a miraculous healing and instant removal of all of the pain of the trauma. The young person was instantly healed of the traumatic memories and feelings, it was gone! One should not let anyone, or any church get in the way of one's communication with God. if a church is right, and good, and holy, it's works will be the same. Healings will occur. The church your sin filled relative attended could not have had the same environment. I feel it was not of God.

I understand your anger and hate. But do not let that evil person bring you down to their level. Look for the beauty in humanity, it is far more uplifting. For you to keep looking to confirm that others are like your relative keeps you walking in circles, ones he created.... it serves you no purpose. You are better than that.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
...snipped for brevity....

I understand your anger and hate. But do not let that evil person bring you down to their level. Look for the beauty in humanity, it is far more uplifting. For you to keep looking to confirm that others are like your relative keeps you walking in circles, ones he created.... it serves you no purpose. You are better than that.
I appreciate your empathy. But don't misunderstand, I am not consumed by anger and hate -- except towards fundamentalist non-think. I'm fully aware that most who call themselves Christians are fine, upstanding folks. As are most Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Wiccans and Other Believers.

Despite weathering my share of life's problems, my glass remains at least half-full. I seek, and find, much beauty in every day.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,279,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
I don't know who that is, but GOD does hear everything as far as I can tell. That He also remains silent many times is a clue as to His answers.
That's a Garth Brooks song. I used to sing that years after my significant other left when she decided life was better with her friends in low places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il4qOQGUGbo

Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,883,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I appreciate your empathy. But don't misunderstand, I am not consumed by anger and hate -- except towards fundamentalist non-think. I'm fully aware that most who call themselves Christians are fine, upstanding folks. As are most Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Wiccans and Other Believers.

Despite weathering my share of life's problems, my glass remains at least half-full. I seek, and find, much beauty in every day.
I understand. And I certainly didn't mean that you were consumed with hate, no way did I think this. I am sorry if it came across this way. I just hate the pain people like the man you described cause people. And know it can easily spread if we aren't careful. I'm glad you are finding beauty in life.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 PM

339 posts, read 195,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That's a Garth Brooks song. I used to sing that years after my significant other left when she decided life was better with her friends in low places.
Ohhh...SNAP!

Yep one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity