Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I wrong if I use medical marijuana?
Yes 6 9.38%
No 58 90.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:09 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I had never touched any form of marijuana prior to last marihuana prior to last March when my son brought me edibles to try to ease some of my back pain from a ruptured disc. I went through Vietnam and overseas duty stations where it was readily available though illegal.

I finally tried a mere 10THC infused cookie. Normally 40THC is considered the amount to get "high." My discovery was that it doesn't relieve pain (for me, anyway), but it makes me not care if I'm hurting or not. Mostly I stick to one cookie, perhaps two a very few times. I don't like anything that makes me feel out of control---hence, I've never once in my 69 years been drunk on alcohol---and I'm not a teetotaler.

But idiots, and I don't mean that figuratively, who claim all the horrible effects of marijuana are subject to their own religious drug bigotry. Physicians have prescribed me tramadol (testing has proved a relationship with dementia), and hydrocodon (even more addictive than tramadol), while marijuana use has very little addictive impact on medical users. Worse, unlike MJ, the more you use them the less effective they become.

I'm in a closed healthcare system (Kaiser) that will not prescribe MJ because of the history of fundamentalists frowning on it and insisting it be outlawed. But my PCP admits he has a number of patients who report positive effects. Further, he stated it hasn't near the negative impact that my prescription drugs have on kidneys and liver. For me, I have reduced considerably the use of those far more dangerous and addictive prescription drugs. And I've never take in a day enough MJ to get a high.

God made marijuana in its natural form and it has very little in the way of addictive properties. Men made my prescription drugs that can kill very quickly, but religious zealots won't say a thing about taking those--unless the addictive nature of them sneaks up on someone.

OP, don't listen to those ignorant people that use misguided morality to try to make your behavior fit inside of their narrow morality instead of using science science to help you. They aren't concerned for your health, they value forcing you into their narrow mold of behavior. Do what can help you.

On the other hand, if I could I would use none of it, neither MJ or prescription drugs. The doctors have finally scheduled me for surgery after almost a year of useless conservative therapy and a day by day risk of drug dependence. Thank God I don't need a medical card to treat my pain with marijuana here in Colorado. Like anything else it can be wonderful if used conservatively and with common sense absent the influence of Churchianity.
Really good post.

I sure wish I was more like you, I do everything in excess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 09:35 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It would not be a sin as the bible states that God said - I give you all the plants .... to use.
Key word, use. If you need it and it helps, nothing wrong with that.
Marijuana use became 'immoral' in these modern times, just within the last 100 years. And it was big industry that made that push.
Heaven forbid that a single plant could be so versatile that it's able to be used for medication, food, textiles and then some....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What did He tell Adam and Eve about a certain plant?

"you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die"

That's right, prohibiting a plant was among the very first things God did, so lets not pretend that everything that exists is good for us.
What you seem to be missing is the point about "use." Foxglove is poisonous but the very poison is used in medicine: "Digoxin is used to treat congestive heart failure, usually in combination with a diuretic (water pill) and an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It is also used to treat a heart rhythm problem called atrial fibrillation. Digoxin belongs to the class of medicines called digitalis glycosides."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity