Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I wrong if I use medical marijuana?
Yes 6 9.38%
No 58 90.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 01:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What does Marijuana have to do with Christianity?
Not a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not a thing.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What does Marijuana have to do with Christianity? I don't think it's even mentioned in the Bible or other early Christian writings.
Here is the question from the OP: My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:39 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,949,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I smoke pot most every evening and folks can judge by my posts that I sense make perfect times most.

Go Jays Blue Toronto

Old 01-19-2016, 04:23 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,352,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
Hey guys, it's me again, live and direct. I was born with glaucoma in both eyes that has left me legally blind in my eight eye and visually limited in my left. I know in several states it is legal to use marijuana for medical reasons, and in Colorado and Washington you can use it recreationally.

However the Bible states to stay with a sober mind. But marijuana is organically grown and is only dried, yet the eyedrops I am subscribed have to go through NUMEROUS processes to be made and have given me various side effects. If I use it, I would want to live in a state that legalized medical usage and I would get it by legal means.

My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?
The only moral stricture, the one that covers everything, is the Golden Rule. Does your personal use of cannabis to help your glaucoma do any harm to anyone else? If the answer to that is clearly NO, then you should give it no thought.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:25 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,352,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I smoke pot most every evening and folks can judge by my posts that I sense make perfect times most.

My thoughts exactly.

Wait... what?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Here is the question from the OP: My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?
Consider the fact that marijuana has been legal for much longer than illegal. For thousands of years, people managed to smoke, and make their way through life without issue.

Not every one can smoke. It makes them edgy and paranoid. For others it is a relief from hearing voices, and used as an adjunct to their medications.

I do not think your morals would be compromised for taking care of yourself.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Consider the fact that marijuana has been legal for much longer than illegal. For thousands of years, people managed to smoke, and make their way through life without issue.

Not every one can smoke. It makes them edgy and paranoid. For others it is a relief from hearing voices, and used as an adjunct to their medications.

I do not think your morals would be compromised for taking care of yourself.
Opium used to be legal for a very long time too, but that does not mean it should be legal today.

I am not the one asking the question about pot, the OP is, I only showed the original question to the posters who could not understand why this was being discussed at the Christianity forum.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:36 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times
Here's a radical idea: maybe the decision about MJ treatment should be made based on scientific facts, a person's medical history, risk factors like existing mental health issues, etc.

It's my understanding that some people have very bad reactions to MJ, including panic attacks, anxiety, paranoia, etc. Other people may have no issues at all. If you're going to try the stuff, make sure to start with a small dose just in case you react badly to it. Just like many other psychoactive meds.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:53 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Opium used to be legal for a very long time too, but that does not mean it should be legal today.

I am not the one asking the question about pot, the OP is, I only showed the original question to the posters who could not understand why this was being discussed at the Christianity forum.
Do not confuse Opium with Pot. Opium and its derivatives are suppressants.

The two work differently in the brain. You can die using opioids. They are addictive. Marijuana is not addictive.

I understand you were not asking the question. I have not confused you with the OP.

I do not think God has a problem with any plant we use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity