Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
No sarcasm. Believing Christians and Jews really DO declare that Deuteronomy was written by Moses himself. As pointed out, the very existence of Deuteronomy WAS unknown until it was first discovered in Solomon's temple perhaps 1,000 years after Moses lived. These are simple facts. For Moses to have hidden a book inside of a building that would not be built until years after Moses died would have required a genuine miracle. Out of respect to the fact that this IS the Christian forum after all, I even ended my post with a common Christian supplication. Lest I should be found to be offensive.
As you wish. You were not employing a variation of argumentum ad absurdum to expose the error in their beliefs. My mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 12:38 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
as you wish. You were not employing a variation of argumentum ad absurdum to expose the error in their beliefs. My mistake.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:30 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Listening to the voice of the Lord, is realtime.
This is the law of the Father.
Jesus demonstrated it with His life .
Jesus provide the Holy Spirit to this end.
The relationship of a child of God is obedience to His voice.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
What is your point? He also said we'll be forgiven if we believe in Jesus and repent.
Who?...

Old 10-28-2015, 01:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Glad we are not under law but under grace.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:55 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Everyone in the flesh is under the law, and everyone who is born of the spirit is under the grace of the law.

There are two covenants, one for the slave and one for the freeman.

What in the world does Hagar and her son have to do with the Jerusalem and the law when they don't pertain to either?

Her son is used as an allegory to our flesh, the first born son. The law will judge every son, but the sons of grace are born free, and a different law pertains to them.

Galatians

Hagar and Sarah
23But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.…

I am of Ishmael under the law and I am also of Isaac under grace, two of us.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone in the flesh is under the law, and everyone who is born of the spirit is under the grace of the law.

There are two covenants, one for the slave and one for the freeman.

What in the world does Hagar and her son have to do with the Jerusalem and the law when they don't pertain to either?

Her son is used as an allegory to our flesh, the first born son. The law will judge every son, but the sons of grace are born free, and a different law pertains to them.

Galatians

Hagar and Sarah
…23But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.…

I am of Ishmael under the law and I am also of Isaac under grace, two of us.
In what way does any of this differ from being under nothing at all?

Old 10-28-2015, 05:30 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
In what way does any of this differ from being under nothing at all?
A great deal.

Should a person try to be righteous or not? Will all people be counted the same after all this is said and done?

The kingdom of heaven is in 3 sections and that outer section is for gentiles who remain gentiles calling the Torah a strange thing, they will not be allowed to enter the higher Zoe kingdom of heaven to sit down with Isaac, although they are saved.

He who doesn't keep the least of the commandments and also teaches others not to keep the commandments will be the least in the kingdom of heaven but hey, at least they have salvation albeit, not within the city.

God is not an unjust God who would look at the unrighteous greedy, angry fellow to call him the same as a person who is kind and loving and has no cares for this world.

Jesus said that if we didn't keep the laws better than the Pharisees, we were in trouble.

Matthew 5

"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The law will judge everyone and that's why there are 3 sections of the temple that symbolize 3 sections of heaven.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-28-2015 at 06:49 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 06:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you just parrot a version of His words in whatever source you consider authoritative. Memorizing and parroting His words accomplishes nothing.
Tell Jesus that. He did the same thing and sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory. Or maybe you do not believe the book of John.

My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they will never perish.

The reason you do not hear, is you are not among my sheep.

If you knew me you would know my Father also because I come from Him, He sent me.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
A great deal.

Should a person try to be righteous or not? Will all people be counted the same after all this is said and done?

The kingdom of heaven is in 3 sections and that outer section is for gentiles who remain gentiles calling the Torah a strange thing, they will not be allowed to into the higher Zoe kingdom of heaven, although they are saved. He who doesn't keep the least of the commandments and also teaches others not to keep the commandments will be the least in the kingdom of heaven but hey, at least they have salvation albeit, not within the city.

God is not an unjust God who would look at the unrighteous greedy, angry fellow to call him the same as a person who is kind and loving and has no cares for this world.

Jesus said that if we didn't keep the laws better than the Pharisees, we were in trouble.

Matthew 5

"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The law will judge everyone and that's why there are 3 sections of the temple that symbolize 3 sections of heaven.
This is an ALLEGED difference. I was hoping for some tangible way that my existence is different. For example, I have had days when people tell me that they will pray for me. Other days, no one prays for me. I don't notice a tangible change in my existence one way or the other. Allegations of changes that provide no tangible change seem to be very little different from nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity