Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Did you actually hear God's voice? Was there an audible, "Psst.... Viz! Listen up!!"
No. Why would I expect to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 05:48 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice. He also said that those of the truth hear His voice. And again that whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. He said that His discples are given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God but those outside are not. So putting these together one can see that those who are of God are of the truth, the word of God as Jesus pointed out, and these people hear the word and know the secrets of the kingdom of God.

Are you of the truth, the word of God? Who do you know who is of the truth?

"My sheep hear my voice"

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

"Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks."

"To you the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given but to those outside it is not given."

I hear it every time I read or think of a verse in the Bible.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. Why would I expect to?
I have no idea. I asked If you heard it...you didn't. Your expecting it... or not....isn't relevant to what I asked.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-28-2015 at 06:55 PM..

Old 11-29-2015, 12:07 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are doing nothing but parroting the ancient ignorance of our ancestors' understanding. That is NOT studying to show yourself approved. There has been virtually NO revision in the understanding of God despite 2000+ years of advanced knowledge and understanding. Religion has been stagnant and straining the bounds of reason to excuse and rationalize the ancient ignorance in the light of current knowledge. It is a travesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you think I'd want to study and show myself approved?
It would reveal the work of the Holy Spirit in you and prevent you from being a mind-numbed robot spouting verbatim verses with a blind faith in ancient ignorance and superstition.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:52 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It would reveal the work of the Holy Spirit in you and prevent you from being a mind-numbed robot spouting verbatim verses with a blind faith in ancient ignorance and superstition.
I propose that "voices in one's head" should be seen as a serious mental health issue and reported to a doctor immediately.

It's a radical and blasphemous idea, I know.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I propose that "voices in one's head" should be seen as a serious mental health issue and reported to a doctor immediately.

It's a radical and blasphemous idea, I know.
So if the voice in your head says, "That guy isn't going to stop on the red. He's going to blow through the intersection."...... you just hit the gas because you have the green light and think voices in one's head is a mental health issue?

I hope you have REAL good insurance

Old 11-29-2015, 09:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
I don't "hear" Gods voice..Gods spirit is with me always, guiding me, instructing me, and letting me know through my guilt feelings when I have done wrong.

Kind of like "spiritual telepathy"

Old 11-29-2015, 09:38 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I don't "hear" Gods voice..Gods spirit is with me always, guiding me, instructing me, and letting me know through my guilt feelings when I have done wrong.
Kind of like "spiritual telepathy"
I really like this, Miss Blue!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:05 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So if the voice in your head says, "That guy isn't going to stop on the red. He's going to blow through the intersection."...... you just hit the gas because you have the green light and think voices in one's head is a mental health issue?

I hope you have REAL good insurance
Lol!

Do you get a discount on your insurance because the voices in your head reliably warn you of impending collisions??

Old 11-30-2015, 05:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice. He also said that those of the truth hear His voice. And again that whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. He said that His discples are given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God but those outside are not. So putting these together one can see that those who are of God are of the truth, the word of God as Jesus pointed out, and these people hear the word and know the secrets of the kingdom of God.

Are you of the truth, the word of God? Who do you know who is of the truth?

"My sheep hear my voice"

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

"Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks."

"To you the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given but to those outside it is not given."

Home, home again.
I like to be here when I can.
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity